Turn Back Time (2013 Edition)

Guest HeavenForbid

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Three

The following morning, Sasha awoke extremely early. The sun was shining in the windows and it looked as if it was going to be another wonderful day in Summer Bay. She turned to the side where Ryan was letting out soft snores. He had had a long drive the day before, so decided to let me sleep on. Sasha quietly left her old bedroom which was still the same as it was when she left after High School. She went into the kitchen area to make herself a cup of coffee – a drink which she got familiar with in her last job. Sasha thought it would be a nice gesture to make the family breakfast. She knew Sid would be up soon for work and Dex was always up early also.

Sasha heard a car outside and quickly ran to the window. She looked out and noticed it was the postman delivering the morning post. Just as she pulled away from the window, she was shocked to see who the postman was now. She ran to the door, opening it and running outside.

“I don’t believe it!” Sasha said looking at a Heath Braxton.

“Sasha!” Heath smiled walking over and giving her a hug “How are you doing? I didn’t know you were back in town! It’s been so long”

“I know, I know! Just needed to come back.” Sasha replied “Since when have you been a postman?!”

“Since I married Bianca. She wears the pants in our relationship let me tell you” Heath joked.

“Ah, the women always does. Don’t they?”

“Sure do, Sash! Her words were I’m hitting 30 and can’t rely on my surfer body to get me places. I needed to be earning a solid income.” Heath explained “And besides, the shorts really show off my calves, don’t they?”

Sasha laughed “Oh Heath, always the comedian, aren’t you?”

“I try, I try” Heath acclaimed “Anyway, how long you back in town for?”

“Well, um. For the foreseeable future anyway. I only got back yesterday so I haven’t seen anyone yet” Sasha replied.

“Your dad didn’t say anything! Probably didn’t want the whole town rushing over last night to have a party” Heath laughed making her think about her High School days.

“I’m well and truly grown up now, Heath” Sasha answered back.

“You sure are. Look, I better head and finish my shift. I’ll see you around.” Heath said as he got into the post van “Don’t be a stranger now. Come over and see Bianca and little baby Rocco”

Sasha waved as Heath pulled off. She always knew Heath and Bianca would end up together. They were a match made in heaven. They too had had their ups and downs and finally just decided to make it work. They had married two years after Sasha left. Indi had told her that they were then trying for a baby. The last phone call they had, Indi told her Bianca had a baby boy called Rocco.

Heath and Sasha had always gotten along in the past and she knew she would always rely on him for advice. He was the younger one of Casey’s brothers and the one she went to when they were having problems. He would always saying things like “My brother doesn’t realise what he has”, “My brother has no idea about women” or “My brother doesn’t have any brains”. She always knew she was supporting him but being completely honest.

Sasha went back into the kitchen to check on the breakfast. It didn’t take long for the boys to smell the food. Once it was ready to be served, the three of them had appeared. They tugged in right away.

“I ran into Heath this morning delivering the post” Sasha said pouring the orange juice. “He was telling me all about how he had become the postman and how I should come over to see Bianca and Rocco and -”

Dex looked at Ryan who was listening to Sasha’s rant about this Heath character “Heath is Casey’s older brother. Man, I’m going to draw you a diagram later of everyone” Dex laughed while grabbing a spoon for his cereal.

“Cheers, man” Ryan said gratefully “That would help so much”

“…I was joking” Dex replied awkwardly.

“Oh. Right. Well. Hm -”

“Just kidding!” Dex replied. “We can work on it later.”

“Yeah, he really did turn into a great man. Had his troubled past but has moved on now” Sid said who was the only one paying attention to Sasha.

“He really has come a long way, hasn’t he!” Sasha agreed “So happy for him”

“What are you plans for today?” Dex asked changing the subject entirely.

“Well, I was going to show Ryan around. Definitely need to see Romeo, catch up with him. Maybe we could go for dinner tonight?” Sasha asked turning to Ryan

“Yes, of course” Ryan replied. “I was also going to have a look at this place in Crabbie Creek”

The Walkers went into fits of laughter. Ryan looked on puzzled at what was so amusing. At first he thought there was something on his face. But the Dex managed to finally say “Yabbie Creek, mate!”

“I’m still adjusting, guys” Ryan replied getting irritable.

“Aw, babe! You are just too cute” Sasha smiled at her boyfriend before giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

“Yuck! Dad, Sasha and Ryan are being gross”

Sid turned to his son who was right beside him “Yes, I can see that son. I’m sitting right here.”

“You’re so childish, Dex!” Sasha replied getting up from the table “Better not tell you what we were doing last night then…” Sasha smirked while Ryan choked on his orange juice.

Dex made vomiting sounds while Sid gave the couple a stern look “That’s a step too far, you pair”

“I was just kidding!” Sasha assured him.

Once again Dex decided to change the subject “Since you want to see Romeo and that, how about I bring Ryan to Yabbie Creek? I need to bring some of my things back to uni for Monday.”

“Well, sure. If you don’t mind going with Dex?” Sasha asked.

“No, that’s fine with me” Ryan replied finally finishing up his breakfast.

The day was planned. Sasha was going to go over to Indi and Romeo’s apartment and catch up with Romeo. Dex was going to bring Ryan to Yabbie Creek to find out about the job going. Once breakfast was cleared away, each person went on their way to start their day. Sasha was the last to leave the house as her long dark brown hair took a long time to dry. She was able to pick out a nice outfit to wear for the evening meal she was going on with Ryan. She soon got into her car and made her way into the town center and over to Romeo and Indi’s apartment.

Indi was rushing around the apartment she had shared with her boyfriend Romeo for number of years. She had woken up late and need to get to work in the surf shop owned by Romeo.

“I can’t find my shoes!” Indi was storming around the apartment with a face like thunder.

“Would you relax, Indi” Romeo said trying to calm her down “You know I’m the boss, you can be as late as you want”

Indi tried to calm down as Romeo had kissed her on the forehead “You know that isn’t true. We need as much money as we can. The store is to open at 9. It’s nearly 9. And it’s a fifteen minute drive!”

Romeo rolled his eyes as Indi began pacing around their two bedroom apartment looking for her shoes. He went to the couch and began reading the paper. “Ah, I love having a day off like today” he said looking at the weather forecast. “Highs of 32 degrees today” he shouted into Indi who was now in the bathroom.

“Ugh, customers are going to be waiting and I’m so late!” Indi panicked looking for her keys now that she finally located her shoes in the bathroom.

“Don’t worry; Alf will be there also, managing today.” Romeo said “And maybe you should not have stayed out so late last night” he added.

“My sister came back into town. How dare you say that to me?!” Indi snapped now facing Romeo “It’s been months since I’ve seen her. We were watching a DVD”

“Sure, if that is what you say…” Romeo said flicking the newspaper.

“Since you clearly don’t trust me lately, maybe I should just move back home?!” Indi yelled, snatching the paper from Romeo.

“I don’t want that, Indi. And you know what. I just want us to be how we were back when we were first together.”

“Romeo, we aren’t children anymore. We are adults. We have jobs. We need money to survive. We have this apartment we need to pay for. How can we go back to acting like we are sixteen when we aren’t anymore?” Indi questioned.

Romeo stood up and looked into his girlfriends’ eyes “I know things have been tense lately. With the surf shop not bringing in as much money as we would like, but we will get by! We always do. And I do trust you, Indi. You’ve never given me any reason not too” he smiled and kissed her.

“I better get going” Indi said, opening the front door “Sasha said she would be coming over to discuss the surfing lessons” she added and closed the door over leaving Romeo to get back to his morning newspaper.

Indi struggled to get down the apartment block steps to her car. She had numerous items in her hands to bring into work. She had a meeting with the accountant later that afternoon and needed to sort out the accounts. Just as she reached the last step, she tripped over a stone causing the box of paperwork she had in her arms to fall all over the carpark.

“Jesus Christ!” Indi said to herself picking everything up.

Indi heard footsteps behind her. “Want some help?”

Indi looked up to see Kyle Braxton standing in front of her. He kindly got to the ground helping her.

“Thanks so much, Kyle” Indi said as helped her put everything in the car.

“No bother, Indi.” Kyle smiled “Off to work?”

“I am indeed. And I’m dead late!” Indi replied as she glanced at her watch “So, I don’t really have time to talk”

“That’s alright. You’re a busy lady” Kyle said as Indi was getting into her car. “I’ll see you later, then. I was thinking of getting into surfing. Might stop by the store”

“Oh, yeah. Perfect! Come along anytime to discuss lessons. Romeo takes care of all of that. But I do the paperwork.” Indi replied

“I’ll see you soon then” Kyle said as he shut the car door for Indi. Indi waved and finally started the car on her way to work as Kyle looked on. In the window of the apartment, Romeo was looking down on Kyle who left a few moments after Indi pulled off.

REALLY enjoyed that, especailly .......

Sasha quietly left her old bedroom which was still the same as it was when she left after High School. She went into the kitchen area to make herself a cup of coffee – a drink which she got familiar with in her last job.

Sasha heard a car outside and quickly ran to the window. She looked out and noticed it was the postman delivering the morning post. Just as she pulled away from the window, she was shocked to see who the postman was now. She ran to the door, opening it and running outside.

"I don’t believe it!" Sasha said looking at a Heath Braxton.

"Sasha!" Heath smiled walking over and giving her a hug "How are you doing? I didn’t know you were back in town! It’s been so long"

"I know, I know! Just needed to come back." Sasha replied "Since when have you been a postman?!"

"Since I married Bianca. She wears the pants in our relationship let me tell you" Heath joked.

"Ah, the women always does. Don’t they?"

"Sure do, Sash! Her words were I’m hitting 30 and can’t rely on my surfer body to get me places. I needed to be earning a solid income." Heath explained "And besides, the shorts really show off my calves, don’t they?"

Heath and Sasha had always gotten along in the past and she knew she would always rely on him for advice. He was the younger one of Casey’s brothers and the one she went to when they were having problems. He would always saying things like "My brother doesn’t realise what he has", "My brother has no idea about women" or "My brother doesn’t have any brains". She always knew she was supporting him but being completely honest.

Dex looked at Ryan who was listening to Sasha’s rant about this Heath character "Heath is Casey’s older brother. Man, I’m going to draw you a diagram later of everyone" Dex laughed while grabbing a spoon for his cereal.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived