25 Reasons To Stay.... Only 1 Reason To Leave!

Guest riverboi69

Morag got out of her car and looked at the derelict house that stood before her, the front door was hanging off... the fence posts had peeling paint on and the windows were smashed.... She went to open the gate and slowley walked towards the front door....as she did she rememberd been a child, and holding onto a teddy bear whilst been dragged up by her Dad... She felt a tear run down her cheek as she got to the old front door....As she touched it, she felt numb....she rememberd her Dad and how he was ...

Dex entered Shelley's room...She was laid up in bed looking out of the window.

"You look brighter Mrs....Sutherland.." Dex said reading her notes..

"I feel a lot better today Doctor" Shelley replied

"Well, technicaly I'm a nurse, but Doc is ok with me " Dex said with a smile "Doctor Dex! ,..hmmmm I like it!"

" Any more news on when I can get out of here?" Shelley asked.

" You'll have to ask Dr Feldman I'm afraid!" Dex said "but you seem to be more alert today, so that's got to be a good thing hey..."

"Dex....." Shelley said " Do you think you could do me a favour?"

"Depends.....what is it?" Dex asked.

" I need someone to get a message to Irene...." Shelley said

"You know Irene?" Dex said.

" We're......old freinds yes..." Shelley said , whilst writing on a peice of paper..."Give her this note, please... It's important!"

Shelley handed the note to Dex, who felt a bit unsure but took the paper and put it in his pocket.

"Thank you Dex!" Shelley said with a smile.

Jasmyn walked into the Diner and saw Alf sat at a table. She joined him at the table.

"I came as soon as I could ......What's wrong?" She asked "You sounded .... upset on the phone Alf"

" The cops have been on the phone" Alf said "They have some new leads on Jake's death love"

"Oh right..." Jasmyn said "well, that's a good thing yeah?...I mean at least we can let it go then"

" You know, when Jake came to the bay, I thought he was a right mongral...." Alf said as he looked out at the bay through the glass..." He reminded me of my boy,"

"Duncan?" Jasmyn said.

"Yeah.....I never see him these days, we had a .....fall out .... and he skipped town......Jake was like another chance to get things right...."

" He looked upto you you know ....." jasmyn said " spent hours fishing on the beach, came home smelling of fish, and tales of how he'd seen you on the beach.."

Alf raised a smile.....

" He thought the world of you....and when I told him who you were, my Dad.... He was confused at first but he loved it...." Jasmyn said.

" I just feel angry ...." Alf said...." I could have stopped him that morning, I could've stopped him going to the beach...."

"You had no idea what was going to happen ...It was a freak accident and Jake,..." Jasmyn said "was in the wrong place at the wrong time.."

Dr Feldman walked along the corridor of the clinic and entered VJ's room.

"Hey mate...It's Dr Feldman....I thought me and you could go outside and shoot some hoops?" he said but got no responce.

" You know ..... you're missin' a lot of school work....but Bianca is kool with it....I know she'd love you to go back when you're ......better mate"

Vj sat and stared at the floor as Dr Feldman sat on the bed and looked around the room...then he saw the chain around VJ's neck.

"Vincenso? ...who's that then hey?" He asked ....he waited in silence,,,," Ok, time to get you some fresh air...."

He wheeled VJ out of his room and down the corridor and out into the gardens...as he did a helicopter whizzed overhead and VJ screamed and put his hands over his ears.....

"You're ok mate....." Dr Feldman said as he saw the panic in Vj's eyes....

the noise got louder and so did VJ's screams....then Vj grabbed hold of Dr Feldmans arm with a tight grip

"It's ok mate.....I have ya!" he said as he looked at VJ...."The plane.....do you remember it? ...Is that is mate?,,,, You were in the sea plane....."

Vj's eyes blinked and he looked at the helicopter in the sky.

" Do you remember what happened Vj?....The pilot lost controll? then what mate? ...."

" I ....I don't ....remember!" VJ said quietly

"Try mate......It's important .... people died mate, you....you were lucky ...." Dr Feldman said..."Try and remember what the pilot did ..."

" I don't want to remember!" VJ snapped...."Leave me alone!"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf was busy going through an old chest when Maddie came through the door.

"Hey Alf..." She said as she headed to the dining table which was filled with old phot's and a map of the bay...

"Oh Hi love......" Alf said "Listen, Do me a favour and don't tell Roo about all this mess.....She cleaned this place to an inch of it's life this mornin!"

"It's kool...." Maddie said....."What is all this?" she asked picking up a photograph.

" This young Maddie is a jigsaw...." Alf said as he pulled out a dusty old photoframe "Strike me pink, I thought Ailsa had thrown this out years ago"

"What is it?" Maddie asked as Alf blew a thick lawyer of dust from the frame.....

"This photo was taken 25 years ago ....Just before I sold the caravan park.... That's Me and Ailsa outside one of the vans, with Floss & Nev....."

" Looks like the van Dylan's in....." Maddie said as she went to get some juice from the fridge.

" Ah yes, I need to talk to Marilyn about young Dylan....." Alf said.

" Were you and his Mum close then?" Maddie asked

" She was a very pretty girl, clever too.....Just wish I had a chance to say goodbye...." Alf said as he put the frame back in the chest.

" Stay positive Alf....Dylan needs support, he needs friends around him...." Maddie said as she hugged him...."It's all gunna be kool"

The prison gates swung open and John stood by his car unsure that he should be there at all.....He knew what Gina would have to say about it....He had a

brief moment where he nearly got back in the car and drove off but then he heard a voice from across the street.

"You came then?" the voice said....

" Looks like it." John said, as he tried to crack a smile..

"After everything ...I ...well, I wasn't sure you would" the voice said. "it's good to see you!"

" It's ok" John said, still feeling unsure "Now how about we drive up the coast road and stop for lunch at that roadside van you always used too like?"

"Sounds like a plan...." the voice said as he handed his bag too John who put it in the boot of the car "oh and thanks....."
"What for?" John asked

"This!" The voice replied "Being here, I couldn't last another minute in that place... it's just so good to be out you know!"

"Yeah, I know.....New start yeah?" John said as he put out his right hand.

"New start!" the voice said as he shook Johns hand and then got into the car.

Dr Feldman entered the Diner and gave Leah a smile....a smile that meant everything!

"We erm.....might have had a breakthrough!" He said as he reached the counter.

"What sort of breakthrough Rick?" Leah asked...."What's happened?"

"right first of all, you need to calm down......VJ spoke today Leah....Things will take time, you knew that but .....He spoke, thats a great sign" Dr Feldman said as

he grabbed a menu off the counter...

" He spoke? to you? ....what did he say? " Leah asked as she took off her apron " I need to be at the clinic.....what am I doing working when...."
"I said you need to calm down " Dr Feldman said " The kid needs to come though this.... but he can't do that If you smother him"

"What about the chain?" Leah asked "Did he tell you who gave him it?"

" No....... but he knows it's there....Who-ever gave him that chain may just have stirred something in his brain" Dr Feldman said.

" I need to know who it was Rick!" Leah said

"Leah? ...." Dr Feldman said, " The day of the accident, you were here right?"

"Yes....I saw the sea plane go down..... It was like a bad dream...." leah said..." All I could think off was that my Son was on there"

" I think Alf feels guilty he gave out the tickets now...." Dr Feldman said

" I don't blame Alf" Leah said " I just wish that the plane had been checked before it took off ...... Someone must know whose to blame"

At the wharf Jett was busy sweeping up broken glass from the jetty when he noticed a little girl on one of the yacht's ....She looked at him and smiled, so he

smiled back ....She was holding a peice of paper in her hand as jett went closer to the yacht

"Hi" jett said as he reached the boat.

"Hi, I'm Beth....and I'm five!" the little girl said.

"That's a nice picture ....Did you draw it?" jett asked.

" Yes.....Do you like it?" the little girl asked before showing Jett it.

"Yeah..... It's kool Beth..." He said "Is it you're family?"

"Yes.....that's me, that's Daddy, and Mummy .....and that's Grannie Irene...." The little girl said "We're going to send her it before we go"

"Go? you off on a holiday?" jett asked.

"Daddy said we have to leave tomorrow, but I want to stay here, I like it here..." the girl said "I don't think He wants me too see Grannie, he just had some

work in the bay he needed to do "

Jett then heard a voice from the boat and a man in his late twenties appeard and came on the deck.

"Beth ...What have we told you about talking to people you don't know?" the man said as he picked Beth up in his arms...

"But Daddy, I just wanted to show him my picture I did!" Beth said,

"Ok, but listen, I think Mummy needs some help in her room? You wanna go help her maybe?" the man asked Beth who smiled a big smile,

"Yeahhhhhhh" Beth said as the man put her down on the deck and she disapeared inside.

"She's a good kid" Jett said to the man.

"Yeah, yeah she is.....Now listen kid, If I see you hangin' around here again I'll call the cops you get me?" the man said ...

" I .... was just sweepin....." jett said

" Stay away from my boat ok kid!" and listen " he said as he got out his wallet and got some notes out of it "Forget you saw that picture yeah!"

The man put the notes in jett's t shirt pocket and started to walk back on the deck...

" Hey....I can't take your money...." Jett said.

" Take it.....We'll be gone by tomorrow ....so who cares eh?...a deals a deal kid....remember that!" the man said before disapearing into the yacht

Bianca poured herself a cup of coffee as she reached her flat, and then looked in her wallet, and switched on her laptop.....she found the card the person she had just met at the lighthouse had given her and typed in the name of the company into the search engine....

"Lomas Corperation LTD" she said aloud as she hit the seach button.....She opened a link and started to read a page on the screen.

" Lomas Corperation Limited is a conglomerate company owened by Miss Lynnette Davenport, formally of Davenport & Savage. The company speciallises in global urban management scheme where vast areas of land are bought up and leisure complex's built to provide a wealth of jobs, and resources to any city or town.... "

Bianca picked up the phone and dialled a number ...then spoke " Hi, listen get over to my place ...You have too see this!"

Across the bay ther doors to a dimly lit storage unit opened letting a hint of daylight into the room... a figure walked in and shut the door slightley, then put a bag on the table in front of him...behind the table was a big black office chair whish was facing the other way, towards one wall of the unit on which were black and white photos of the lighthouse, and images of variouse Summer Bay residents.....

" I've got what you asked for....." the figure said "Now, how much cash did we agree again?"

" You'll get you money when I get a result!" came a voice from behind the chair.

" What are you planning hey?" the figure asked..

" The less you know.....the better...." the voice said "Now, get out of here........Oh and mind how you go....I'd hate any...little accidents to have to happen again!"

The figure looked up at the wall of photo's .....some recent, some older.... all in black and white and all of people that lived in the bay....

• 2 weeks later...

Leah sat in the passenger seat of Dr Feldman's car as they chatted about the developments in VJ's condition.

"He spoke though.....That has to be a good sign?..." Leah said.

" I don't want you getting your hopes up Leah...." Rick replied.

" I lost Vinnie, and Dan.... I wasn't going to give up on little VJ" leah said.

"He isn't a little kid anymore.... he's growing up Leah" Rick said

" I just feel like someone knows something, about the accident, about the chain, ..... someone knows something and we need to find out who" leah said as she looked out of the car window and saw Dex walking along the path to the beach..."I ... I have to go tell Dex...."

"oh yeah....Offcourse!" Rick said as Leah opened the car door "I'll keep you posted If there's any change"

"Thank you Rick " Leah said as she looked him in the eyes and gave him a hug

Dex just happened to be looking over and saw Leah and Rick ....and then carried on walking to the dunes..

Minutes later he heard a voice from behind him...

"Dex..." Leah said as he turned around "VJ spoke...I mean, he's speaking...it's crazy but ....He's remembering things and ....."

"woooooh! Slow down!" Dex said..."How do you know all this?" He asked

"I was at the Diner.....but Rick ...." Leah said and then watched Dex turn back to face the beach..."What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing....." Dex said but Leah knew something was on his mind..

"Dex...tell me what's wrong!" Leah said...

"I just...... don't trust him....Dr Feldman, and I don't think you should let him spend so much time with VJ" Dex said

"Why?....I mean.....VJ spoke to him...He obviousley trusts Rick....and I need someone on my side that can help..." leah said

"I am on your side leah" Dex replied..."I love you, and VJ" He put his hands on Leahs hands and looked into her eyes..."Please don't shut me out!"

"Shut you out? ...I....I wasn't shutting anyone out , " Leah said " I just want VJ home, it doesn't feel the same with him in that clinic"

Morag was sat in Bianca's flat looking at some plan's she had given her ....

" And this Lynne plans to do what excactley?" she asked Bianca who was pacing up and down.

" Ruin Summer bay if those plans are anything to go by!" Bianca replied..." She seems very sure her plan's will get council backing.."

"I bet she does, listen, does anyone else know you met this Lynne woman today?" Morag asked

"No.....She doesn't want this too leak out" Bianca replied "Do you think anything can stop her Morag?"

"I'll take these papers and plans and look over them in detail but ....." Morag said as she removed her glasses "If she plans on bulldozing the area's marked on

the plans, she is going to upset a lot of people in the Bay..."

"That's what i though, and why I called you...." Bianca said "what do I do If she wants to meet me again?"

"You play along with her, she needs to think she has you on her side....." Morag said "Leave the rest to me..."

"Thanks Morag!" Bianca said as Morag gathered up the papers and got up to go to the door....

"One thing puzzles me Bianca....." Morag said as she stopped for a second..."How does this woman know Summer Bay when her company is based in Cairns?"

Irene was busy putting a tray of muffins into the oven when she noticed Romeo sat at a table staring into a coffee cup...

"What's wrong darl?'''' She asked from the counter.

" Oh sorry Irene...."Romeo said after a second as he looked up "are you wanting to close?"

"No, you're ok....I just thought you ...." Irene replied "Well gawd save ys love, you look like you've given up hope"

"I was just thinkin...." Romeo said "There was a time when being married meant something ... All those times up at The farm I used to feel like

I belonged there.....and then ... well Indi left, and Dex and April split up and went there own way..."

"Dex is happy now though love...." irene said "I don't know about you but I reckon wedding bells might be ringin' soon with those two"

"Remember when I came to the Bay Irene/..... I was so full of hopes, and dreams....." Romeo said

"You remind me of my boy, Damien....He was unsure of his future, then one day he turned up and had become a preist!" Irene replied

"A preist? I can't say i've ever thought of that as a carear choice irene" Romeo said as he laughed to himself

"That's better darl' ...."Irene said.." You follow your dreams my boy ... it's suddenly clear, the reason you feel down is cos you don't feel you have a

purpose here yeah?"

"Yeah......I love this Bay .... It's home, it's where I belong!" Romeo said as he looked out of the window onto the beach ...

There chat was interupted by the voice of a woman stood at the counter..

"Hello?,,,,,any chance of some service some time this year??" she said...

"Sorry,.,,erm, what can I get ya darl?" Irene said as she went behind the counter to grab a pen and note pad

"Flat white Lungo to go thanks....." Lynne said as she looked around the place....."So when did this place change it's name from Ails's Diner?"

Marilyn walked into her bedroom and sat on the bed and in her head could hear a voice of someone she hadn't stopped thinking about since she returned

" Maz......Can you tell Dad that Greg won't be able to put those shelves up till next week,...He's snowed under ...But he will get round to it, so tell

Dad to wait, cos we all know what dad's like" ...... Marylin stood up and went to the window and looked out over the caravan park .,..

"You used to be able too see for miles from there ....remember when Mum nearly burnt down the caravan.... she swore blind you had jinxed her by

reading her tarot cards .... " a familliar voice said from the door ...Marilyn turned her head round and looked surprised...

"Lance Smart.....What are you doing here? Trying to give me a heart attack??" she gasped

"Hi Maz....." Lance said as he went towards her and gave her a hug "I had a few days leave so thought It was time I payed a visit....Gee, this old place

ain't changed much over the years....."

" I know, it's still Summer Bay,.....Now, you must be shattered, did you drive all the way from Queensland?..." Marilyn asked "Let's get you some tea!"

• 2 weeks later...

Ben was stood, looking out of the store window as he saw Theo walking up the path from the beach. He waved and opened the door as Theo approached.

"Why didn't you ring to say you were coming??" Ben said as Theo approached. "Eva's gonna be a bit stressed, we thought you were staying in the city for a week

or so kidda"

"G'day Dad...Thought I'd come down and see the new homestead ..." Theo said as he looked at the store "You found a job then old man?"

"I found myself more than a job...." Ben said as he opened the door and entered the store "This is all mine, ours.... it's ours!"

"You opened a store Dad?" theo said as he looked around...

"I know, crazy isn't it but well, it's a fresh start ....for us all!" Ben said, "now how about a hug for ya old man eh?"

" Sure thing " Theo said as they hugged, soon joined as Dylan came out of the back room carrying a box.

"Where do you want these Boss?" Dylan asked and then paused "oh, sorry ...I can manage .."

"Sorry...Dylan ... Dylan this is my Boy, Theo....." Ben said "Theo mate, this is Dylan."

"Dylan Parrish, pleased to meet you...You down for a visit?" Dylan said as he put out his hand to shake hands..

"Maybe ...." Theo said as he walked past Dylan and stood behind the counter, "So Dad, how's the family? How's Mum doin?"

"Oh she's getting there....the move has taken her mind off ...things" Ben said

"Things like me I guess...." Theo said...."listen, I am sorry you know....I didn't mean for you all to skip town just cos I got in a mess"

"Hey son, It wasn't just that ok...." ben said "'Sides, Summer Bay is great, you are gunna love the beach, and Tyler wants too take up surfin' already.."

"That's great Dad .... I guess I ought to go see Mum and the new place " Theo said

" Well, look,...Dylan can watch the place for an hour ..." Ben said as he got his jacket from behind the counter "I'll come with you, show you around"

"Kool....let's go then yeah.." Theo said as he walked towards the door passing Dylan on the way out

"cya around then yeah?" Dylan said but got no reply......

Irene was busy packing muffins into containers in the diner when Romeo entered.

"G'day Irene, Can I just have a juice please ....." Romeo said as he looked out of the window and saw Jett on the wharf "Make that Take Away actually"

"In a rush are we ? " irene asked

"Yeah......I have someone I have too see...." Romeo said , half listening and half watching Jett who has stopped by the side of a boat.

"Oh love, can you tell Dex we have some of them Chai muffins in, they are VJ's favourite and Dex was going to take some in for the poor little ....." Irene said

noticing Romeo wasn't realy listening..."Are you ok Romeo?"

"Irene,..... Do you ever see anyone on that boat down by the wharf?" He asked her

" Can't say I've been lookin' darl' ......" Irene said as she looked down at the wharf...."You thinking of buying it are ya?"

"No..... just ... there was some girl on it the other day...Beth..." Romeo said

" You my boy are married ...remember... " irene said

"No...Irene, I don't mean like that.....I love Indi....." Romeo said ...." this girl's about Jett's age, maybe a year younger...she seemed a bit lost"

" Well darl....I am sure you could see If she is ok...put your mind at rest" Irene said

" Yeah......sure....." Romeo said ..."I might just do that, cos she seemed to be realy scared of something here, or someone......"

Shelley was sat in bed when Alf walked into the hospital room carrying two cups of coffee.

"Oh Alf, you don't have too keep doing this," She said "The doctor's say I'll be up and about in a day or so"

"And then what? " Alf asked "Where you planning on staying?"

"I don't know, to be honest all that was in my head when I set off from the city was Kirsty...and finding out where they were...."

" I still don't get why you need to find them so badly....are you in trouble? " alf asked

" Oh Alf!" Shelley said as she started to cry " When Rhys left me, I was sooo lost, It was like part of me had died....We had our fights sure but He was a

good husband, and a great Dad to the kids deep down.....Him and Max headed to Darwin and I was left high and dry...."

" Didn't you get in touch with Jade, I mean last I heard, Don said she was working in a creche?" Alf said

" Jade's settled....she was always the sensible one....and she and Seb obviously were meant to be....." Shelley said. "It was Danni who was the wild one,

and that never changed after we left the bay!"

" She had Scott though right? Alf said

"Even he struggled to cope with her sometimes .....You remember what she was like ....She went through so much!" Shelley said

" I always thought of you as a strong, capable woman Shelly Sutherland....Someone who would be there for her family no matter what!" Alf said

" Guess I am not as strong as you think Alf Stewart" Shelley said as she smiled as Alf gave her a hankerchief...

The door of the container across the bay creaked open and Lynne walked in and towards the desk ...She put down her bag and picked up the phone and dialled a number.....

"Hi, this is Lynne Davenport, I need that forty thousand dollars in my account by tomorrow morning .....You agreed! , no, no you listen....You know the deal, you

pay up in full or I go public!!....and a scandal like this will blow this sleepy little town apart, trust me!!"

Good chapter

Wonder what kind of trouble Theo got into to be part of the trouble which made Ben and Eva move to the bay? To be honest it's not the safest of places to move too What with Lynne around, :D doesn't sound that good whatever she is upto.

And I wonder what the deal is with Beth?

Archived