25 Reasons To Stay.... Only 1 Reason To Leave!

Guest riverboi69

Shelley walked along the hospital corridor, and knew she had too make a phone call. She got too the pay phone, put in some coins, dialled and heard an answer phone message.. After the tone she spoke into the phone receiver.

"Hi, It's ...It's me. Listen I am in Summer Bay, I need too see you, it's about Kirsty"

Lynne was looking through a folder at her desk when she pulled out a sheet that had caught her eye... It was a newspaper article about the Mudslide in the bay. She read it and then pinned it onto the notice board behind her desk ... Then she heard a knock at the office door, she opened it and found Romeo stood there.

"HI...Can I help you?" She said nervously.

"Yeah Hi..." Romeo replied. "I saw you on the beach road yesterday and your tail light on your car .... "
"What about it?" Lynne asked snappily.

"It was broken" Romeo said..

"Hang on a second, How did you find me here?" Lynne asked Romeo.

" You haven't seen this mornings copy of the Mangrove River herald then?" Romeo said as he got out a paper from his bad and handed it too Lynne,

She looked at the front page and was shocked too see the article and her picture on the front page.

"That is you isn't it?" Romeo asked

"I ..... Thanks for this, " Lynne said as she headed back too her desk and picked up her car keys and jacket.

"No problem .... Happy to help " Romeo smiled as she walked past him, stopped then turned around again..

" You remind me of someone.... a lifeguard who was always on the beach when I was a kid.... Matt... Matt Wilson..." She said

"I don't know him sorry... maybe He is still livin in the bay.." Romeo said.

"Maybe ...stranger things have happened ...." Lynne said with an air of mystery..."Now, I need to get to a meeting, so ..."

"Oh sure, sorry...yeah..."Romeo said ..."Cya around "

Romeo left and then Lynne went back too look at the picture on the article pinned on the notice board....

"Ailsa Stewart was rescued but the family home was left devastated by the mud slide and had too be rebuilt. Her Son was also inside along with family friend Jade Sutherland.... Many homes were left shattered by the mud slide... It's lucky more people's lives were not lost that night"

She picked up the phone and dialled a number and waited for an answer......

"Hi, listen, get me everything there is on a Shauna Bradley... She Emailed me six months ago but I didn't put two and two together... I think we need too start swimming with a few sharks If you get my drift Murray? ....Great, oh and Don't let anyone know about this ok.... I want it too be one surprise Summer Bay is going too remember forever!!"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Bianca drove up too the gates, she stopped the car and sat...thinking about what she would say to him, thinking about the last time she saw him, things had been said, tears shed, .... She knew this wasn't going too be easy but she knew she had too do this. She got out of the car and headed up to the gates, all the time thinking of that day...She had gone over it time and time again in her thoughts, in her dreams... Brax, the court case, April's accident... The gates opened and she was met by a prison guard... She showed him her visiting order as usual and headed in too the prison, past the other inmates who eyed her up and down as she walked thru the courtyard to the waiting area... She felt the tingles in her stomach, this was it... this was the day she had too get answers!!

Leah told Irene about VJ's visitor... "It was like Vinnie has sent a guardian Angel down for him Irene, But who is he? Should I trust him?...." She said.

Irene gave her a smile, "Darl'... I think you already trust him!" She replied..."And there's your real problem..."
"What do you mean?" leah asked

"Love, you haven't trusted anyone since Dan died... An' lord knows you've had your chances too be happy... " Irene said

"I love Dex Irene" Leah protested.

" Do you though?" Irene asked ... and Leah went silent as Irene turned the sign on the Dinner door to open...

"Dex makes me happy, He's been great with Veej since the accident... I don't know what I've had done If..." Leah replied

"He isn't Dan love.... or Peter... or Vinnie....That's all I am saying Darl..." Irene said as she hugged Leah.

Leah took a moment to think about what Irene had said ..

"How can I tell Dex though Irene? ..." She said

"Tell Dex what?" came a voice from the door as it slammed shut....

Lynne approached Caravan number ten and knocked on the door , It opened and Dylan appeared.

"Can this not wait.... I'm kinda on my way out too meet someone...." He said.

"No.. This can't wait!" Lynne replied "It's waited far too long already...I need you too do what we discussed, Get too Alf ..."

"Now hang on, I told you anyone but Alf!" Dylan said, slightly panicked.

"And I told you....No results, No money... and well, this caravan is costing me so you best make it worth my while.. " Lynne said..

" I'm not getting heavy with Alf or Roo... they've been god to me..." Dylan said

" And what do you think they'd say If they found out your little secret?..." Lynne said.

"You really are desperate ...." he said as Lynne pushed him inside the caravan..

"Don't mess me around Dylan, your Mum needs cash, I can get it for you...I just need to do one more deal and this sleepy little town won't know whats hit it!"

Bianca sat in the waiting room ... she just watched the prisoners walking through the door, then she saw him... grey jogging pants, tatty trainers, purple jumper, blonde hair... She noticed how much like Him He was looking these days.. He looked at Bianca, she didn't know how this would go ... heart beat racing she waited

for him too sit down opposite her. He did, and then he spoke ....

"Mum....How's things?" he said

"Good, there....good...." Bianca said as she tried too relax...

Shelley sat on a bench by the pier and waited.... she just hoped that she would turn up. Shelley heard her before she saw her...

"Well, this is a surprise ...." Eve said as she approached the bench...

" Eve... You came...." Shelley said, tears filling her eyes..

" I haven't got long... what is this about? You sounded upset on the phone? " Eve said as she sat on the bench..

" I just needed someone to talk too..." Shelley said, as they both looked out towards the beach and the waves... "Do you remember when we were last here, like this?"

"Dad brought us for a picnic" Eve replied, " You had brought Rhys to meet Dad, they hit it off like that..."

"Dad always was into his sport, thought the sun shone out of Rhys's backside...silly old coot!" Shelley smiled too herself.

"He did yes..." Eve replied "Do you remember the beach hut? ...we used too play in there for hours, You said you wanted too buy it when you were older.."

" Leave it too my Grandkids...." Shelley said, as she did a tear fell from her cheek.

"Funny how things don't work out the way you want them too " Eve said ..."You got your sports guy, your girls, the happy life....I got ... a husband who had an affair, kids that hate me...."

"Tyler must be what..... 23?" Shelley said.

"He's got a kid of his own now... the doting Father" Eve replied as she sat there looking blank.

"It changes them, having children of there own" Shelley said.

" Tyler does as he wants... thinks the world owes him a huge favour. He thinks I don't treat him like the others... But I do, I love him as much as I loved .... "Eve broke off as Shelley put her hand on hers.

"I know you do!" Shelley said as they sat in silence and watched the waves splash on the shore line...

Archived