25 Reasons To Stay.... Only 1 Reason To Leave!

Guest riverboi69

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Doctor walked up the corridor towards VJ's room, He opened the door and spoke to the person following him.

"Here you are...." The Doctor said." VJ, there's someone here to see you mate!"

"Thank you for this!" The man said as he got out his wallet, taking out a few notes he continued.."I really appreciate your co-operation"

He placed the cash into the Doctors hand.

"I.....I can't take this" The Doctor said.

" I wouldn't want anyone to find out I've been to see young VJ....His mother must never no, ok?" The man said as he smiled at the Doctor and placed the cash into the shirt pocket of the Doctor, He then looked at VJ who was sat in his chair staring out of the window. The Doctor left the room as the man went over too the window and looked out of it too...he then got out his mobile and rang a number and spoke down the phone...

"It's me....I haven't got long ....listen, it's ok.....I've found the clinic!" he said.." Yes...Listen, Mama, VJ is alive ..... no, no....He is here with me now Mama.....Oh yeah..." He said as he turned and looked at VJ who stared out of the window as If no-one was there...." He looks just like Vincenso did at that age Mama!!"

Maddie entered the living room at the Ryan's as Morag, Roo and Marilyn were in the kitchen talking....Maddie coughed as she noticed they hadn't noticed her...

"Oh Maddie!" Marilyn said with surprise....

"Do I look ok?" Maddie asked

"Darling, " Roo said "You look more than ok!"

"So who is the lucky young man?" Morag asked Maddie

" Oh just a guy who's renting one of the caravans...." Maddie replied.

" He better have you home early " Morag continued "or Alfred will be having words"

"That's after Harvey has stopped pacing up and down offcourse." Roo added

"He's just a freind!" Maddie said

" You just have fun Maddie darling," Marilyn said " Make sure he walks you home...."

They were soon interupted by a knock on the door, and saw Dylan stood there, holding a white rose in his hand.

"HI....You look,....." Dylan said as he entered the living room area.."You look amazing!"

"Thanks" Maddie replied

"Shall we go then?" Dylan asked

" Sure thing......" Maddie replied as she started to walk towards the door....

"Night Maddie, have fun" Roo said as they all looked at her

"Don't worry ...I'll make sure she is safe!" Dylan said as they left the house..

Roo smiled and then turned to look at Marilyn and Morag who were also smiling.

As Dylan walked down the path with Maddie they talked...

"Your Mum seems real nice by the way..." He said to Maddie.

"She's erm...my foster Mum" Maddie replied "but yeh, Roo is great!"

" Oh foster Mum....right .....is that kool?" He asked

" Yeah....I was a bit screwed up when I first came here but Roo and Harvey have realy straightened me out" Maddie said

"Sounds kool...." Dylan said as they reached the gates leading to the road into the bay.

"So...what about you? what brings you too Summer Bay?" Maddie asked

" I....used to live around here actually..... " Dylan said ..."listen, can we talk about this later, only ...I find it hard to think about it..."

" Sure !" Maddie said as she looked into his eyes " I'm sorry, I didn't mean too pry Dylan...."

"Hey, It's kool .." Dylan said as she put her hand into his.... "now, let's go partyyyyyyyyy"

Dylan entered the surf club with Maddie at his side, and he felt a wave of emotions come over him.

"Shall we get a drink?" Maddie asked but got no answer...."Hello?...Earth to Dylan"

" What?" Dylan said as he snapped out of the daze he was in.

" Drink?" Maddie asked again

"Yeah..... sounds.....great..."Dylan replied, not realy listening ...

"Ok then..." Maddie said, sencing he wasn't really with it..."Listen, If you have gone off the idea, just say yes?"

"No!...I'm ...sorry Maddie...." Dylan said as she began to walk off, he grabbed her arm tight..."Don't go!"

"What is it with you?" Maddie asked...

" I .....I....best get the drinks" Dylan said and started to head to the bar that had been set up in the gym area.... As he did he noticed plaques on the wall...It was like a history of Summer Bay with plaques and sporting acheivements dating back 25 years....Dylan looked at them with interest... He saw plaques dedicated to great surfers, nippers, and runners.... He read through the nameson the plaques, like Erin Fisher, Jake McCleish, Shane Parish, Calvin Bonnati, Greg Wilson & Shane Wilson. He felt his heart beating faster and faster as he looked at it all.... In his mind he was seeing newpaper cuttings, maps of the bay and hearing his Mum's voice.... He felt the sweat dripping from his forehead one minute, the next he felt the cold air on it as he stood by the fence over looking the beach...He felt calm now....

"Who are you?" Maddie asked as she walked up to him...."Truth this time!"

He stood, still looking out at the beach...He had known this was never going to be easy ....

"I'm Dylan Parish....My Mum, Angel is ill, very ill in London....She wanted me to come here...back to the bay,,,,It's special here, see years ago my Dad died here...I never really got to know him, I was a kid... but Dad, he was some man apparently...I need to find out more about him Maddie....before time runs out for Mum!"

Romeo walked along the jetty and past boat after boat till he came to a large white yacht...He got a crumpled peice of paper out of hs jacket and looked at it....The name on it Mirigani II matched the one on the side of the yacht so he shouted aboard...

"Hello?"

There was no reply so he put a foot onto the yacht and noticed a door with a small glass window in , he went up to it and the closer he got he could hear music...Romeo knocked on the door and a little girl opened it and stood looking at him.

"Hi....I'm Romeo, I need too.....erm, Is you're Daddy in?" Romeo said as the little girl smiled a beaming smile "Let me guess, You must be Beth?"

Alf had got a call from the hospital, and it had worried him a little so he drove the short distance and was unsure If he should be there , but it felt the right

thing .... He wandered up the corridor to room 25 and entered and walked slowley up to the sleeping women in the hospital bed..

"Shelley?, I got your call love...." He said as the women turned herself round so she was facing him.

"Oh Alf ..." She said, "Thank you!"

"Strewth women, when the hospital rang me I thought the worst....... I'm just glad you're ok love." Alf said as he sat on the chair.

" I tried to ring Danni and Scott.... but ..... well, lets just say things were never that great between me and Danni...I think she still blames me for everything Alf...For us having to move, for Scott losing his job at the stables in the City.... For Rhys been a pig headed fool .... " Shelly said ..."Oh listen to me going on...I'm sorry."

"Strewth Shelly...I have to share my place now ...well, you're old place actually with Marilyn, who could talk the hind legs of a koala, Morag..well, you know what she is like...and my Daughter Roo & her hubby....oh and their foster kids, Maddie and Marc....great kids, had it tough but they've started to turn a corner ...." Alf said.

"You know all the time we were in the City Alf" Shelley replied "There was a part of me missing, I know why....I left it here, in Summer Bay I guess...."

" You said you had to find Kirsty ...when I found you......" Alf asked her...."You don't know where they are? I mean they visited Irene years ago but ,,,strewth, not seen them since"

" I just think Kirsty could make Danni see sence, before this ...rift.... splits us up foreever Alf!" Shelley said ...

"Gooooooood Morning Summer Bay, it's 34 degree's outside, the surf is up so put on your sun cream and get out there and enjoy" The radio blurted out as Ben spread his toast as he watched Eve who was painting the fence outside.... He felt on top of the world as today was the day to start his new carear as a shop keeper and he took the keys out of his pocket and just stared at them....

" Where's Mum put the cereal? " a chirpy voice soon interupted his line of thought..."Dad!!"

"Cereal.....erm .....top cuboard next too the jams I reckon..." Ben said as a teanage lad walked past where he was stood and opened a cuboard door.."Found it?"

"Yeah...I'm all good...." Tyler replied as he reached up and got the cereal packet with he took out and put on the worktop ...He then looked out of the window and saw Eve ..."Is Mum actually painting the fence that colour??"

"looks like it!" Ben said as he put the keys back in his pocket and went over to put his plate in the sink. "Do me a favour....."

"Sure...what's up? " tyler asked as he got a bowl and emptied some cereal into it...

"Tell Mum you like it, when she's finished...." Ben said "This whole house move, it's kinda important to her"

"Yeah ok sure Dad..... Oh and I'll come see this store later ok?" Tyler said..

" Great!" Ben said " I just hope Summer Bay is ready for us mate.....I'm walkin' on air this morning...so cross your fingers It works!"

"It will Dad, you're great at sales.... Get the oldies on side and this store Idea is a winner!" tyler said before they both stood looking through the window at Eve who breifly glanced in their direction and waved at them ...

Leah entered the clinic and walked along the corridor she had walked down many times lately, she wanted today to be breakthrough day! A day when VJ would speak, or cry, or laugh...... or anything. She took a big breathe in as she entered the room and saw VJ still sat in his chair looking at the big tree.

"Morning VJ" Leah said half hoping he would turn around and give a repsonce..." I think you look taller you know, have you been growing?"

There was a deathly silence as usual....Leah felt a bit let down but the Doc's had told her It would take time....

"I like you in that T Shirt, you know that...." She continued " But look at your hair Mr, it's getting sooo long and...." she ruffled his hair but got no responce...then she noticed a gold chain around his neck ..."VJ.....darling...where did you get that chain?" she put out her hand and it trembled as she grabbed hold of Vj...

"Where did you get that chain VJ?,,,,answer me, for god's sake VJ..... just.......do something......ANYTHING!" she cried as she crumbled and tears started to pour from her eyes, she had tried to be so strong but she was starting to give up.....

Maddie came downstairs and walked towards the fridge, opened the door and got out a bottle of orange juice then went to get a glass from near the sink...She still had last night on her mind, Dylan had puzzled her, something still didn't add up even tho he had told her a lot about his past...and what had brought him too the bay.

" Soooooo? " Roo said from behind her, "How did last night go? Did this Dylan guy walk you home? He did behave himself didn't he?" she continued as she went to switch the kettle on and get a jar of coffee from a cuboard.....

" It was fun..." Maddie replied as she took her glass and went to go sit on the couch.

"Er...Hang on young lady ...." Roo said and followed her " What is it you're not telling me here?"

" Dylan is ......Oh I don't know...He seems realy nice, I thought he liked me...." Maddie said.

"And doesn't he?" Roo asked

" He says he does, but ......there's something mysterious about him " Maddie replied.

" You could try asking him ...If you're not sure how he feels?" Roo said

" I think he just needs a bit of time, to work his own head out....He seems confused a lot" Maddie said.

"Yeah!" Roo said "Hug?" Maddie smiled as she hugged Roo.

The conversation was interupted as Marilyn walked in.

" Oh look at you two.....so sweet" Marilyn said " How was last night?"

Maddie looked at Roo ...."Let's just say there may or may not be another date shall we Marilyn..." Roo said

" Oh dear....well, never mind ..." Marilyn said " I have to go to this opening of the new store today..Do you know I used too work there for Alf years ago, before I married Donald ....Seems odd to think of it open again"

"Things need to move on Maz" Roo said...

" Marilyn..." Maddie said " Do you remember Angel Parish?"

" Oh now, Angel was such a nice young girl....She lodged with Donald for a while then got married....then she moved to London. " marilyn replied.

"Do you have any photo's of her?" Maddie said.

"I suppose they'll be some of her wedding upstairs in my album ...." Marilyn said..."Why?"

"I....It's for a school project..." Maddie said as she smiled at Marilyn, who headed upstairs.

"School project??" Roo asked ..

"I didn't know what to say ...." Maddie said "This Angel is Dylan's Mum, I want to know more about her....I need too understand!"

Alf walked along the hospital corridor towards reception and the exit, He hadn't realised what time it was, as he'd been too busy chatting to Shelley...

" Alf Stewart, as I live and breathe!" a voice said from inside one of the hospital rooms.

Alf stopped and looked in the room....

"Stone the flamin' crows....is that you Norm?" He said.

" 'fraid so....Bet you thought I'd be long gone eh Stewie?" The old man said "Get in here, let's av a proper look at ya!"

Alf walked into the room and the man put out his hand.

"How longs it been Stewie? " Norman said as Alf shook his hand.

"Must be near enough fourty years since I saw you...I thought you joined the navy?" Alf asked.

" Been there Stewie, done it all.... Now look at me, emphaseema, and only a few months to live but hey, I've had a good life! Norman replied

" Strewth, sorry to hear that Norm.." Alf said...

" How's that sister of yours....the bossy one !" Norm asked

"Oh Morag's fine, just fine" Alf replied , laughing to himself as he did so .

"She still got that big old chip on her shoulder? Norman asked Alf

"Yep, she hasn't changed ...." Alf said

Archived