25 Reasons To Stay.... Only 1 Reason To Leave!

Guest riverboi69

Jett was busy rubbing wax onto his surboard when he saw something shiney in the sand....it glistened in the sun and caught his attention fast.....He went over and saw what looked like a clock face buried in the sand so he started too dig ...... A few seconds later he had in his hands a battered looking watch with a brown leather strap. He looked on the back and there was a very faint insciption, but he couldn't quiet make it out. He put it in his pocket and returned to his surf board as he was joined by Marilyn who was carrying a plate of sandwiches. She tottered along from the beach path in her high heels, until she stopped and took them off and called out to Jett.

"Woohoo! ......Jett!"

"G'day Marilyn" Jett shouted back as he continued to wax.

" I thought you might be hungry, seeing as you were out so early this morning.....again" Marilyn said as she reached him.

" I needed to catch the waves when they were at their best Maz.....I won't get too be championship level unless I put in the practice..." Jett replied.

" Just ...well, I think your Father's worried...." Marilyn said.

" What about this time?" Jett replied without looking up from what he was doing.

" Oh just about you.... and all this training......and Vj....." Marilyn said,

" Tell him I'm kool....jees, that man needs to chill out and stop worrying about me...." Jett said.

" He only worries cos he loves you Jett..... You know, losing Gina hit him hard, and well, he need's to think he can be there for you now....So.....If you have time,

go see him, tell him about the surf...." Marilyn said handing Jett the plate of food.

" He's gunna be ok ...isn't he?" Jett asked Marilyn.

" Your Father, yes, he'll cope....You just have to ...." Marilyn replied

" No, not Dad.....VJ.....He's gunna be ok isn't he? " Jett said.

" Leah said that he's getting stronger every day now, but ..." Marilyn replied

" But what Maz?" Jett asked quizingley....

" Well, He might not be the same VJ that went away when he comes home...and well, we don't know when that will be,,,, It could be months...." Marilyn said, putting her arm around Jett.

" I wanna go see him!" Jett replied...."Will you drive me up there? "

" Oh well, I think maybe we should ask your Father...." Marilyn replied, flustered by jett's question.

" Vj is my best mate Maz....I wanna talk too him, help him get better....Please Maz!" Jett said...

" I'll see what I can do.....but Jett love, that clinic....It's not like the hospital, it's ....." Marilyn started to say.

" Full of mad people, yeah I know ....but VJ can get better, I know it Maz,.,,," Jett said...

Alf was driving along the old road to Jump Rock when he saw bright headlights in the bushes at the other side of the road, as he drove on he noticed a car had gone into the ditch so he stopped further along and jumped out of the car.. He ran towards the car, a pretty flash red sports car with a Melbourne number plate....When he got to the car he noticed a figure, slumped in the drivers seat so he tried to pull open the door, but it was stuck .... He looked around to see If any other cars were passing but he knew not many cars travelled along the old road these days so he went to the passenger side and tried the door ...This time it opened ....

"Strike me pink...." He said as he leant in to the car....just as the figure began to move...and slowley opened their eyes......

"Alf Stewart?? I'd recognise that voice anywhere....." a ladies voice replied...

" I'll get help, don't worry love....."Alf replied as he got out of the car and began to dial a number into his mobile phone...."Hello, ambulance please....there's been an accident"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next morning.

The front door swung open and all that lay between The Jackson's and happiness' was packing boxes. They had just arrived in Summer Bay from the City, and now had all the unpacking and sorting out too do. Eva entered the house and smiled as she put down the key on a small table next to the door.

" I think we have found out perfect home Darling...." She said, as she went up to the window and pulled back the curtains too let some light into the place.

" I hope so..... My back's had enough of sleeping on floors" Ben replied as he entered carrying a box which he put down on the table, " Oh it looks even better than when we saw it before hun....those decorators have done a pretty good job!"

" I know...." Eva replied...."I can't wait too see what the kids think tomorrow."

" Just let them settle before planning things this time ok love?" Ben said as he looked out of the window in the kitchen.

" I just want this move to unite us Ben darling....A fresh start...." Eva said, putting her arms around Ben.

" I know you do, we all do ....just think of the kids though yeah, it's meant a lot of upheaval to get them here!" Ben replied, " Tyler will be ok, he adjusts too anywhere new like a flash but it's Maya and Theo we need too watch...."

" Maya will love the beach darling....and we can always let Theo have more space for him and little Nat" Eva replied with that look in her eye.

"You have this all worked out don't you Darling?" Ben asked quizingley.

" Oh yes, Summer Bay won't know what's hit it now the Jackson's have landed!!" She replied, " From the very 1st moment I saw this place I just knew we belonged here.... let's lay all the past ghosts behind us and start again!"

I keep meaning to comment on this story, Oh well here now. :D

All I can say is this story is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo mysterious I really have no idea what will be coming up next.

I wonder why VJ can't remember anything and why he is away in a hospital .

I'm thinking it is kind of important that Jett has found Romeo's watch.

And the Jacksons seem to have a few dark secrets from their past they seem to be trying to forget hmmmmmm

look forward to more.

Alf was sat in the waiting area of the Hospital....watching the clock, the nurses and doctors rush back and forth. In his head he saw bright headlights shining in his eyes and he heards screams ....

"Mr Stewart?...." a voice said as he sat staring at the clock on the wall...."Mr Stewart, you can come and see her now, she's back from having her tests..."

Alf looked up as a nurse stood near a door leading into a hospital room, He got up and slowley walked towards it, his head felt sweaty and he could feel his heartbeat racing ahead of him...As he neared the room he heard a beeping noise coming from another room... He turned around to see nurses rushing up the corridoor and in his head he could see Irene stood with her hands on her face in horror as nurses ran past her .... then he saw the Doctor coming out of a room and approaching Irene and in silince telling her He was sorry.....

"Alf.......You stayed?" a women said with surprize as he got to the doorway of the hospital room..

" He's been here all the time, waiting for you to get the all clear.." The Nurse said...."I'll leave you two to chat..."

" Are you ok Alf?" the women asked....

" I'm fine, strewth it's not me laying in hospital...."Alf said."I mean ,.... do you remeber what happened?"

"I was driving too fast..." The women replied "It was my fault....I just needed to get to Summer Bay.....there's something I need to...."

"You were heading to Summer Bay?" Alf asked

" I need to find out where Kirsty & Kane are Alf....They need to help me.....I'm in trouble and they are the only one's who can help!" The woman replied as she looked at Alf with tears in her eyes..

Dylan was too engrosed in the newpaper he was looking at to notice the car that was following him down the road...He had found an old newspaper in the caravan, stuffed down the gap between the bed and the caravan wall.... It was crumpled and a bit tatty but still readable....It was dated 25th January 1986 and the headline read "STEWART'S POINT SCENE OF GRISLY FIND!" ...He was still reading it when he passed by the surf club and saw a notice board. He saw a notice pinned on it advertising for a deck hand,,,, and another that said "Flatmate wanted". He was still reading the notices when a girl appeared and nearly walked into him...

"Sorry" Dylan said as he looked at her...

"It's kool, " Maddie replied "I wasn't realy looking where I was going anyways...."

"As long as you're ok" Dylan said.,

"You look a little lost, are you ok?" Maddie asked him.

"I don't suppose you know a Dr Kelly Watson?" Dylan asked...

"Nope,..." Maddie said, "Sorry...."

"What about a Mr Fisher, he works at the school" Dylan asked.

"I know a lady ...think she used too be married too a Mr Fisher, they split up years ago though...." Maddie replied.

"Do you know If he is still in the bay?" Dylan asked "It's just I haven't seen him in years, and It'd be kinda kool to see him again"

" I can tell you where to find Marilyn" Maddie said

"Marilyn Fisher?" Dylan said, and smiled as he looked at Maddie "That would be unreal, thanks ..erm,....."

"Maddie ....and it's kool...." Maddie replied..

Eva was busy cleaning the fridge in the new house, the radio was on and she was happy for the 1st time in months. She put the dishcloth back in the sink and placed in the fridge door a carton of milk and one of juice....She started to empty a box on the worksurface that had plates and mugs in... she then heard a knock at the front door so left the box and went to open the door....the only thing she saw was the camilia bush outside, she looked around, "Hello?" she called out....silence ....so she shut the door and went back to the unpacking.....The message alert went off on her phone which was placed on the kitchen table....She picked up her mobile and saw a number she didn't recognise has text her....she opened the message which read "thought we were meeting up? You can run .....but you can't hide! XXX" Eva was scared, she hastily dialed the number into her phone and it was answered instantly ... "Who is this?" Eva asked. She could hear crackling and someone breathing on the other end but no one spoke..."Who is this?" She asked a second time...then the other person hung up .....

Leah was tidying away the last of the chairs in the Diner when Jett appeared on the jetty, he looked at her through the glass in the door.... and she smiled at him... He started to walk down the jetty towards the boats moored up but then turned around and walked back towards the Diner and opened the door.

"Hi " He said as he looked at Leah.

"Hi Jett" Leah replied smiling at him knowingley.

" I'm sorry .... that's all I came too say" Jett said and then he hugged Leah ....

"Thank you " Leah said as she felt a wave of emotion hit her from behind and felt the flood gates open..."I want him back...I just want my VJ back!"

"This is the last time I listen to you Morag!" Marilyn said as she brought down a box from the attic.

"Oh Marilyn do be quiet and just give me the box" Morag said, rapidley losing patience with Marilyn.

" You know, people change in time....You Morag Bellingham have never changed...." Marilyn said "Ever since that day you took me on as your assistand, when you lived in a fancy house, you always thought you were better than anyone else in the Bay!"

" That fancy house gave you a job Missy!" Morag said as she grabbed the box and walked down the steps and into one of the bedrooms.

"Yes but what I mean is..... you could try being there ....for Alf...." Marilyn said as she follwed her into the room.

"Alfred is a fool too himself sometimes Marilyn.... Look at the mistake he made marrying Ailsa!" Morag said, sitting down on a chair and opening up the box...

"Ailsa made Mr Stewart very happy...." Marilyn said.

" They weren't happy you stupid woman.....Alf was always too scared of what might push Ailsa over the edge...." Morag said....." We all know it didn't take much.."

"That's an awfull thing to say Morag!" Marilyn said ...

"Oh look, If you want to be of any help to Alfred ....then go tell that Jasmine women to pack her bags and leave Summer Bay " Morag said angrily.

"She's grieving Morag!" Marilyn snapped...." You should know what it's like too bury a child!"

" Yes! Thank you Marilyn....." Morag said as she looked down at a framed picture of The Fletchers on there 1st day at the Caravn Park....

"Don't you think she hasn't crossed my mind at all today?"

" Then why be so bitter towards Jasmine and Mr Stewart?" Marily asked

" I never got a chance too know Bobby.....not realy know her.... I lost my chance when I gave her up Marilyn" Morag said..." Alf doesn't need all this hurt at his age"

" Bobby used to wonder what life would have been like, living with you.... we used too talk a lot about you, when we lived in the Beachhouse" Marilyn said...

" I was always the baddie to Bobby" Morag said " whichever way you look, I just couldn't win....well, maybe now I can talk some sence into Alfred before it's too late and he gets too attached to this jasmine women.....She needs to leave the bay Marilyn, she is bad news!"

Bianca was putting away some reports in the office at Summer Bay High when she heard a noise from outside. She opened the door and went into the corridor..."Hello?" she cried out and caught a glimpse of a male figure going into one of the classrooms further down the corridor. She walked down it, feeling unsure It was the best thing to do ... Entering the classroom the saw a young man stood by a desk ..."Can I help you?" she asked?

" You know, no matter how many things happen in your life, you somehow never forget the places, the times that were most important to you...." Dylan said as he turned around....." Sorry, I know I kinda shouldn't be here but I had too see this place..."

"It's ok ... I guess..." Bianca replied with a smile, "Did you used too be a pupil?"

"No....my folks did though, this room is where it all happened " Dylan replied, putting his hand on a desk and smiling to himself, " The times I've heard stories about this classroom and good old Summer Bay high!"

" It must be pretty weird ....being here?" Bianca asked quizingley.

"No, it's like a jigsaw piece.... One you thought you had lost but you find years later, and bit by bit it completes a picture..." Dylan said..

His sentence was cut short as he noticed, on the wall in the corridor a framed picture of a class taken in the sports hall. He walked out of the classroom, and Bianca followed, intrigued by this mysterious young man.

"Wow! look at this....! " Dylan said aloud."taken in 1994 .... "

" This is all pretty important to you isn't it kid?" Bianca said.

" You ever felt like you didn't belong somewhere?? ... " Dylan replied...

" Yes, but then I came to Summer bay and found a place to call my own..." Bianca replied.

" Sounds like my Mum's story!" Dylan said..."you'lld have probabley got on well"

" Look, I feel bad but I kinda have to lock this place up now ... Got to go meet my husband down at the wharf...." Bianca replied.

"Hey, It's kool...." Dylan said with a smile..."Thanks for lettin' me look around ... I feel like I know why my folks fell in love with the place already.."

Ben Jackson was looking up at what was the start of his empire, the guy had plans and that meant a bit of hard work but he knew he could make a go of things. He was soon joined by Roo who was passing by carrying shopping.

" Penny for them?" She shouted out as she passed .

" Oh sorry,.... miles away!" Ben said as he saw Roo.

"Anywhere nice?" She asked him.

"Not as nice as were I am now, sadley " Ben replied. "Will you look at this place.... sunny, great beach, tree's everywhere..... "

" You don't work for the tourist board do you?" Roo asked...

"No, I'm new in the bay actually....saw this vacent shop on my last visit to look around the place and fell in love with it" Ben said looking up again at the shop front.

"Well, I happen to know you could do a lot worse than buy it" Roo said with a smile....

"Oh yeah?" Ben said.

" Yes....great location, trade would be good... not far from the beach either" Roo said. "If I were you I'd snap it up!"

" Thanks....erm...I might just do that!" Ben said with a big smile "About time my family had some luck for a change."

" Why not ring the person in charge of the sale? " Roo said hintingley.

"You know what, great Idea " Ben said as he got out his mobile and dialed the number which was on the for sale sign...He then heard a ringing noise comeing from somewhere.... "You hear that?" he asked Roo.

"Oh yeah...I ....one minute...." She replied before getting out her phone which was ringing .,.."I guess this must be your lucky day/......Welcome To Summer Bay!"

Morag was sat on the veranda at the caravan park, thinking back to the day she argued with Bobby and about the day she married Ross, she felt sad that both of them had left her, she was surrounded by photographs. Then she heard a knock on the door and got up and went into the house to answer it.

"oh..... Is Alf home?" a womens voice asked as she opened the door.

" No, and If you know what's best for you you wouldn't even be here Jasmyn." Morag said.

"Morag, I need to see Alf" Jasmyn replied as she barged in "Where is he?"

" I told you...." Morag replied

"Oh I know what you told me Morag" Jasmyn said "But you're hardley going to be honest with me are you?"

" He isn't here, in fact I haven't seen him since the funeral" Morag said...."you know, your son's ...."

" I just want to talk to my Dad!" Jasmyn said " What is it about that you don't like Morag?"

" You may be able to fool my Brother but I am onto you!" Morag said..."Alfred may be a soft touch right now, but I am not!...Now get out of this house, and go pack your bags....Your not welcome here!"

VJ was stood in the gardens off the hospital, his Doctors had tried too get him out of his room for days without much luck but today they had managed the task and He had taken his first steps. He headed towards the tree he could see from his room, It was almost as If he felt safe there....

" Fancy a game of cards?" a lad asked from behind him. Vj didn't answer just stared into space.

" I guess not hey, that's ok ....." the lad said as he stood at the side of VJ..."I see your Mum visited again, she seems real nice..."

Again VJ stayed silent.

"You're dead lucky...." the lad continued, "My folks don't wanna know, they think havin' a nutter in the family is bad news..."

The lad looked at Vj "You'll be ok here, they'll look after you.... you know that yeah mate..."

He was interupted by a loud noise which got louder and louder..... VJ looked up as he started to breathe more irraticly, and get a bit panicked by the sound....As it got louder VJ grabbed hold of the lads coat.

" it's ok mate, it's just an aeroplane....look!" The lad said as he tried too calm VJ down...the noise rumbled overhead and Vj let go of the coat and placed his hands tight over his ears....blocking out the noise....

"Stop it!" He screamed out....."Stop it .... please....... Romeo.... look out!"

Eva was pouring a glass of wine as she felt she deserved a break, she looked at the kitchen and smiled, before getting out of a box a framed photo of a family, she went over to the wall nearest the window and placed the frame on an oak cabinet which had books on. Then she heard a knock on the door... she went to open it and found a wreath on the steps leading to the doorway. She looked around but there was no sign of anyone.....She picked up the wreath and quickly shut the door and walked into the kitchen...she placed the wreath on the kitchen worktops and went to go pick up her wine...As she took a sip there was another knock on the door....She put down the glass and slowley moved towards the door... She was unsure about opening it but then heard another knock, a louder knock so she opened it slowley.

"Surprize!" shouted a young man, who was dressed in shorts and a T shirt and smiling...

Eva's face went from shock to relief as she stood in the doorway.

" Took us ages to find the place, but we got here in the end....You gunna show us around? ...Oh, and Nat is starvin' ...." Theo said as he walked into the lounge.

" I.... sorry, we weren't expecting you till next week" Eva said, shutting the door.

" yeah ,..Work let me go early so we thought we'd surprise you..." Theo said. "If it's a hassle we passed a caravan park , we could always go there..."

"No way!" Eva said "You're rooms are ready for you, and your Dad will be pleased to see you, and I want to take this little man to the beach!"

She picked up the young boy who had been holding onto Theo's hand since they arrived "I've missed you sooooo much"

" Did someone die?" Theo said , seeing the wreath on the kitchen workbench.

" Oh that...no.... don't worry about that, it's too go out with the rubbish" eva replied "Now, let's show you around this place, and show this little man the pool outside!"

"yeahhhh!" Nat said, smiling at Eva.

Archived