TV Soap - 2013 Spoilers

Guest Dingo x

Saving Neighbours

Drastic plans are underway to reverse the flagging soap's fortunes in 2013

Neighbours may not have had the best year in its long history, but plans are already underway to shake it up and turn its fortunes around in 2013. A dramatic overhaul will see some current cast members going, the return of some old favourites and the arrival of an all new family. The broom is currently being swept through the Ramsay Street sets in Melbourne, with the changes due on air from the first episode of the New Year. Sex bomb Sarah Beaumont will return, as will hunky muscle cop Mark Brennan. She is back in a desperate attempt to rekindle her long-ago affair with Karl, while Mark was believed to have been killed in action, but is about to reveal a dramatic new secret which will unsettle a whole raft of local lives. Also returning is bikie chick and jailbird Steph Scully, who was put away for killing Ringo. It seems Steph has an old score to settle and her ex-husband Toadie could once again be within her sights. Also moving into the neighbourhood is the gorgeous Kate Kendall, the former leading lady of Stringers. Kendall will play Lauren Turner, the beloved daughter of Lou Carpenter, and she arrives with her husband, Erinsborough’s newly appointed police sergeant Matt Turner, and their teenage children Mason, Amber and Bailey. But inside sources reveal there will be even more dramatic changes to come, with a number of current cast members futures in doubt. What is certain is that come mid-2013, it will be a very different line-up of stars on Neighbours. One thing that is certain is that Jackie and Fletcher will definitely be on board to continue to hold the team together through what could be one of the rockiest years ahead.

Source/TV Soap

I think that 2011 was neighbours worst year. I mean the "cliffhanger" if you'd even call it that of Chris collapsing was terrible. I mean it was a minor issue for a minor character at the time who no one have two stuffs about.

I think that 2012 was a better year. I'm not saying it was good because it wasn't but it was better. Ever since Susan Bower left I've noticed a difference and I feel sorry for her replacement who has to fix what she ruined and I think he's doing a descent job so far and from what I hear it coming I'm excited and can't wait. I hope that it can recover and I think that channel 10 wants it to recove so that they can regain viewers. Ever since it was moved to eleven channel 10 has struggles badly.

I pray that by 2014 it'll be back to normal at 6:30 weeknights on Channel 10.

I think that 2011 was neighbours worst year. I mean the "cliffhanger" if you'd even call it that of Chris collapsing was terrible. I mean it was a minor issue for a minor character at the time who no one have two stuffs about.

I think that 2012 was a better year. I'm not saying it was good because it wasn't but it was better. Ever since Susan Bower left I've noticed a difference and I feel sorry for her replacement who has to fix what she ruined and I think he's doing a descent job so far and from what I hear it coming I'm excited and can't wait. I hope that it can recover and I think that channel 10 wants it to recove so that they can regain viewers. Ever since it was moved to eleven channel 10 has struggles badly.

I pray that by 2014 it'll be back to normal at 6:30 weeknights on Channel 10.

I totally agree. 2011 was awful, 2012 was a big improvement from that, but it needs to keep building from 2012. It's evident that the new executive producer which is Richard Jasek has improved the show.

I think 2013 is going to be a great year for the show. i have high expectations of the show next year. Where did you hear about it potentially reverting back to channel 10?

I didn't I'm just guessing because if Neighbours is getting a big revamp and channel ten has been struggling lately then it seems like a good tactic. Imagine the fuss that could be made. I reckon if Neighbours sets itself up right and channel ten does enough promos beforehand then it could come back with big ratings.

^ Yes that is a rumour, but the guy who played Henry Ramsey was supposed to be coming back for the 20th anniversary episodes in 2005 for Neighbours, but apparently something happened behind the scenes which therefore didn't occur.

I wouldn't hold my breath that he would return, but it would be interesting to see what he's up to. Maybe he has a family now and he is related to Paul, as Paul's brother Scott is married to Henry's sister Charlene.

I can't see Henry returning. Has anyone seen the teasers for the new season on channel 11? Its looking good. Hopefully with Steph and Sarah returning aswell as the new family hopefully Neighbours will get more TV WEEK covers in 2013 and Home and Away will get less. For anyone who is wondering Neighbours will return 7th of January

Archived