TV Soap - 2013 Spoilers

Guest Dingo x

I been very disapointed in the show for awhile. sadly Alot of blame has been misplaced. Susan Bower had some great ideas yet the loss of alot of actors and characters over the last few season went beyond her control and although Im unable to given details I wished she had suceeded in her plans. Although I have no favs on the show I do wish the cast well and hope the new Cop family and returnees help the ratings and if it went back to 10 great!

• 3 weeks later...

It'll be interesting to see how the show progresses when we see the returns of Angie, Sarah Beaumont, Steph and Mark in the coming months.

I think the show is doing reasonably well at the moment. It's a working progress under Richard Jasek. I'm just grateful Susan Bower is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Anytime you bring back past actors who are well liked its going to make a differance yet H&A does have 3 times the viewers N does!

Yes bringing back past characters helps, but it has to be an appropriate comeback. It can't be random or else it'll fall flat as it's been demonstrated on numerous occasions in the past.

Home and Away has more viewers than Neighbours in Australia because Home and Away has more promotion in terms of promos, advertising and Neighbours barely has any magazine exposure, whereas Home and Away does. Also, Neighbours is on channel 11 which is a new channel that not everyone has if they haven't switched to digital T.V, whereas everyone has channel 7 on offer, so therefore there are more ratings for Home and Away.

Jezz I totally agree with everything you said.

Yes the media seems to treat H&A and other shows better than N. And the change to 11 did hurt the show.

As for comebacks If done right then that great yet I have been very disapointed at how they handled one storyline and ruined what could have been a great charcater yet whats done is done!

I do know people In Australia who dont get 11 as you said!

Archived