Puberty Blues

Guest ScreamingQueen2006

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was my post about Reef Ireland removed?

Anyone?

I just thought Ireland's portrayal was poor and certain physical characteristics between Ireland and the original character in the book and film simply don't measure up.

I don't know, I'm not familiar with the actor or the book. IMO I think everyone did a wonderful job, from the script writers, to the set designers, wardrobe and to the actors/actresses.

Bring on Series 2.

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to watching this on DVD.Didn't realise until I came in here that there was going to be a second series, which is somewhat pleasing but also somewhat surprising, since the first series seemed to tell a complete story and I'm not sure what's left for a second:The girls have come full circle, realising that the life they wanted with the in crowd and having cool boyfriends isn't all that great and they're better off without it all.There was a throwaway line about Sue's family possibly moving away that could possibly be used as a basis for season 2, given that their friendship seemed to be what set them apart from everyone.Not sure if Gary and Debbie were meant to still be together at the end or not:She's pretty much done with the gang by then(Gary's a bit more independently minded than the rest of the group although he's hardly immune to peer pressure), she and Sue seemed to have decided they were better off without boyfriends and the implication seems to be he's going to die of heroin abuse.

The parents were fairly well defined but I never got it clear who was who among the teens.3 of the 4 main girls had been in HA and the other one was fairly distinctive but I had trouble with the rank and file.And as for the boys...I kept thinking Gary was in a scene then realising it was meant to be someone else.Charlotte Best was probably the main selling point for HA fans and her character was probably the most developed teen after Debbie, Sue and Gary although she faded a bit near the end:There was a storyline about her mum's boyfriend that seemed like it was going somewhere then disappeared entirely and she was barely in the last episode with the whole thing with her and Sue's ex largely playing out off screen.Susan Prior, recently seen as Stu's mother in HA, played another downtrodden abused housewife(although it was more mental than physical this time)but the last episode seemed to suggest she was coming out of her shell at last.

Basically enjoyed the show though and intrigued to see how they continue it.

"What did we just do?"

"I don't know but we just did it."

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know when season 2 of Puberty Blues is airing? All I can find is that it's gonna start back up again this year. Looking forward to getting back into it again.

I have read they started filming for season 2 in the middle of April untill late August early September But don't quote me on that.If that is the case I don't know how long it will take untill it airs.

I haven't got around to watching the 1st season yet though. :)

Does anyone know when season 2 of Puberty Blues is airing? All I can find is that it's gonna start back up again this year. Looking forward to getting back into it again.

I have read they started filming for season 2 in the middle of April untill late August early September But don't quote me on that.If that is the case I don't know how long it will take untill it airs.

I haven't got around to watching the 1st season yet though. :)

Thanks. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait.

The first season is brillant. I liked it so much I imported the DVD from Australia so I can re-watch it.

I read that they filmed the first series from April to July last year and it started broadcasting in August and that they're due to start filming the second series this month.So if we assume a similar timescale, we're possibly looking at September.

Archived