Harvey Ryan - Marcus Graham

I couldn't find a thread about Harvey, so here we are.

He's been onscreen for about a year now, and I don't think he really has a purpose on the show.

I believe he was brought in as a guest character last year as a villainous rival for Romeo and his bay-touring business on the Blaxland. At some time during his contract they decided to make him a regular character, and so attempted to make him likeable (an about-turn for his character) with the tried-and-tested 'tragic' back-story approach. They introduced his daughter, who was quite pleasant, so she left quite quickly.

Now the mission statement for his character reads: "Roo's boyfriend".

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

I couldn't find a thread about Harvey, so here we are.

He's been onscreen for about a year now, and I don't think he really has a purpose on the show.

I believe he was brought in as a guest character last year as a villainous rival for Romeo and his bay-touring business on the Blaxland. At some time during his contract they decided to make him a regular character, and so attempted to make him likeable (an about-turn for his character) with the tried-and-tested 'tragic' back-story approach. They introduced his daughter, who was quite pleasant, so she left quite quickly.

Now the mission statement for his character reads: "Roo's boyfriend".

I think it's safe to say they failed.

• 2 weeks later...

Digital Spy Article :rolleyes:

Does anyone see any chemistry between Harvey and Roo? I really don't. I really wish Roo would get back together with Sid, or anyone else! :lol:

I think there is a strange sort of chemistry between the two of them but the constant making up and breaking up has become tedious for me at least.

There is a strange sort of chemistry between Roo and Harvey and I like the constant bickering that's done lightheartedly. I don't think they've done an about-turn of his character they've just turned a guestie into a regular which gets us to understand the character more. One thing I have to say is that I prefered Roo with Sid but I heart Harvey still.