The new opening music

Guest baystar

The new opening music  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hadn't seen this mentioned in a topic yet - I'm just catching up with a month of Home & Away and noticed that on the 16th July in the UK the opening music was changed - and I'm not sure I like it.

I really liked the opening music before, it was subtle - and I found it really quite classy how it was the same underscore but would change in tone when there were sad scenes in the recap.

The new version sounds like a cheap holiday shopping channel and the way it starts with the drums is a bit startling. I just feel it sounds really trashy. Definitely preferred the previous incarnation which was a bit more dream like.

So I thought I'd open a poll! Prefer it now, or before?

I can't stand the current version, it's completely changed, it's not even nearly the same as it use to be. Even people that don't watch H&A know it for it's tune (same as Neighbours)

but now how is H&A meant to be recognized by the people who don't watch it? :/ Not fussed on H&A anymore, this year has just been completely ruined for me, not just by the theme song but by the storylines.

And also, last year & the start of this year how at the start one of the characters said 'previously on Home and Away' what happened to that? I loved betting with my family who was going to say it.

I was trying to beat my personal best which was guessing right 4 times in a row.

Sorry for that little bit of a rant and for going a little bit off topic. Feels good to get that off my chest though. :P

Hm, am I the only one who absolutely loves it?! It's so fun and is much better than the boring drab they have on the UK soaps (maybe excluding Hollyoaks?), sometimes I even find myself dancing and humming along. :lol:

At least we still have the classical theme on the credits. :wub:

And also, last year & the start of this year how at the start one of the characters said 'previously on Home and Away' what happened to that? I loved betting with my family who was going to say it.

I was trying to beat my personal best which was guessing right 4 times in a row.

I totally agree! I play the exact same game when watching the show and I feel it made it a bit more personable - if there was a storyline featuring Brax, he'd introduce the next episode with the voiceover. It's a simple touch and it's a shame they ditched it.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree! I play the exact same game when watching the show and I feel it made it a bit more personable - if there was a storyline featuring Brax, he'd introduce the next episode with the voiceover. It's a simple touch and it's a shame they ditched it.

I kinda liked that (though I'd rather have the theme song any day!!!), but my problem with it was they only used the "cool" characters to do the voiceovers. They never used Marilyn, Irene or John for example. It's just a simple touch as you said, and to me it was just another simple touch indicating that the current producers are really only interested in a certain group of characters and promoting those characters.

Archived