How long have you been watching Home And Away for ?

Guest AznPride112

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started watching around 1999-2000 when I was only 5-6 years old. My mum watched it from the start and after watching it as a little kid I just got obsessed with the show. My favourite time of the show was 2001-2007.

Around 2003-2007, I used to watch the show every night and I'd usually be spewing if I ever missed an episode, these days I watch it whenever I can, but I'm not hesitant if I miss episodes. To be honest I've lost track of where the show is going somewhat.

• 4 weeks later...

I was very casual viewer back when it aired on ITV here in the UK, because my Parents would watch it. I was very young then, though, and Soap Operas weren't something I paid much attention to.

The year it returned to UK screens was also the year I started High School, and I developed a routine of getting home from school, having tea and then watching all the soaps (There were 7 or 8 main shows on from about 4pm to about 8/9pm). A couple of years later, I gave up on the majorty of them, and I only really bothered with Home and Away and Hollyoaks. By about 2004/5, they were the only two I watched. I sat my GCSE's in 2006, and Home and Away was my relief from revision/exams. I remember how much I used to look forward to getting home from school and watching Home and Away (That sounds really sad now, LOL.) I pretty much stuck with it after that though. I'd often watch the omnibuses too, despite having watched it during the week. Nothing quite beat snuggling up on a Saturday afternoon watching the omnibus. :wub:

I've had occasions where I've dipped in and out of it, like I do now, as opposed to something I watched religiously. Whether I watch religiously usually depends on how interesting the show is at the time. I think it'll always be something I watch though, even if it is just the odd episode occasionally. I always read spoilers etc to keep track for whenever i dip in/out of it.

I doubt I'll ever stop watching it completely, unless it went really, really awful. Right now though, I much prefer snuggling up and having a marathon session of watching episodes on YouTube, and they're usually older ones, rather than current.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm another one who watched it from the beginning, couldn't get into Neighbours for some reason. Ailsa had the general store which was burnt down. It was more innocent back then more to do with the family and foster kids than relationships and skullduggery, but I suppose it had to move with the times. I remember Tigan (the original one), Tug, Selina, Stephen and too many to mention. Also when Irene first arrived (played by a different actress to the one we have now), she was really rough back in those days. One of my favourite story lines was when Bobby found out her parents were Morag and Donald.

Noah's Bar was indeed in the old Surf Club.

• 1 month later...

Episode 5520 exactly.

I used to be on my phone, while my friend watched it, never paying any attention. That was last year.

When I was bored a few months ago, I decided to visit the 5 on Demand website. I recognised Home And Away, so I gave it a try. Have been obsessed since :wub: Recently I've been watching clips from last year and ... WHY DID CHARLIE HAVE TO DIE!!! :o:angry:

Archived