Exact Opposites

Guest Charlie-brax

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER 11

Charlie's POV

"Brax!" i said, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in for a hug.

"Wow, Charlie" he said, as he was surprised at me rushing over. I had gone to his house and no one else was home.

"Brax, im scared" i said, as we walked in and sat on their couch.

"Aww Charlie, what about?" he said, placing his hand on my shoulder as i looked up at him.

"About tonight. Whats everyone gunna do when they find out?" i said, as i hugged him once again.

"Aww, itll be okay. And who cares what other people think. Its not about them and its not their life. As long as i like you and you like me then lets go for it." he said, trying to comfort me. I smiled. It was working.

"I suppose, just what about Morag. And Heath and Joyce." i said, starting to worry about it again.

"Charlie... Just stop worrying. Everythings gunna be alright." he said, as he noticed. I nodded

"Look.. We don't have to tell everyone. What about just a few people." he suggested. I nodded.

"I know, i want to. But what about we only tell Morag and my work. Unless you want to tell Heath and all of them?" i answered. He smiled.

"No, we'll just tell Morag and your work. But i think you should tell Leah too." he said, as i slowly stood up.

"Okay then, do ya wanna tell Leah now?" he asked, as we walked towards the door. I nodded.

"Come on then, lets go" i said, pulling him towards my car.

*Leah's house*

I knocked on the door nervously, before walking in with Brax trailing behind me. 

"Charlie" she said, as she saw me walking through the door.

"Leah, um.. I have simething to tell you" i said, as we all walked into the living room.

"Brax? What are you doing here?" she asked, as she saw me also walking in.

"Um.. Im part of what she has to tell you" he replied. She nodded. 

"Okay then. What is it?" she asked, quite rudely.

"Umm.. I just thought i better tell you, that me and Brax, we are.. Kinda seeing each other" i said, nervously as Brax squeezed my hand from underneath the table.

"You what!" she said, in shock.

"We are seeing each other. We are having dinner tomorrow night" i replied, anxiously.

"Get out! You are not welcome in this house" she screamed, looking at Brax. I looked at her in shock.

"No its okay Charlie. I'll go. I'll talk later" he said, before gently kissing me.

"Im coming." i said, as i rudely pushed in my chair and followed him out the door. I couldn't believe what Leah was doing. I was so angry. 

*the beach*

Casey's POV

I walked out of the surf, when i saw Ruby walking towards me.

"Hey" i said, as i gently kissed her.

"Hey, um did you know about that" she said, pointing towards two people hugging. I looked closer and noticed Brax, hugging a skinny brunette.

"Whos that he's with?" i asked, tryin to see.

"Its Charlie" she said, sounding happy about it. I just laughed. 

"Well, good for them" i said, as we both laughed and started to walk towards them. Charlie looked really upset.

"Whats wrong" Ruby said, as dhe ran upto her mother.

"We told Leah. She didnt take it well and told Brax that hes not welcome anywhere near her house" said Charlie, as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Aww Charlie, its alright." i said, as i hugged her and Brax looked down at her, worried. I smiled, it was do sweet.

Joyce's POV

I was working late at the station an it was 9o'clock when Charlie walked in. I smiled.

"What can i do for you?" i said, indicating for her to sit down.

"Um.. Theres something really important i need to tell you" she said, as she sat in the chair nervously.

"Yeah?" i said, putting down the pen that was in my hand.

"Um.. Im seeing Darryl Braxton." she said. I just sat there in shock staring at her. She couldn't be seeing him. He was a criminal and a badboy. Why couldn't she see that. And see that i would be the good one for her.

"Do you understand the consequences for this?" i asked, really not wanting to do this. She nodded.

"Well, lets just pretend that we never had this conversation and no one has to find out about this." i said, as i continued to write. She nodded.

"Right" she said as she walked out. I sighed. I really wish that she would just like me.

That was intriguing and coooool, especially.............

 "Aww, itll be okay. And who cares what other people think. Its not about them and its not their life. As long as i like you and you like me then lets go for it." he said, trying to comfort me. I smiled. It was working.

 "Get out! You are not welcome in this house" she screamed, looking at Brax. I looked at her in shock.

 "Well, good for them" i said, as we both laughed and started to walk towards them.

 "Well, lets just pretend that we never had this conversation and no one has to find out about this." i said, as i continued to write. She nodded.

CHAPTER 12

Bianca's POV

I walked along the beach, trying to think things through properly. I needed my bestfriend. But she had hardly been around lately, when i saw her walking towards me.

"Hey Bianca, i havent seen you in ages" she said, as we hugged.

"Hey Charlie, i was just thinking that!" i replied, smiling at her. 

"So, how've you been?" Charlie asked, as we started to walk along. 

"Okay, i guess" i replied, with a sigh. I noticed her smile grow bigger and followed her gaze to a guy walking out of the surf with a board. He had the same goofy smile as her. As he got closer i worked out who it was. I gasped. He walked past, winking at her.

"Charlie?" i said, waiting for her to explain herself.

"Yeahh?" she said, as if nothing had happened.

"Charlie Buckton! What is with you and Brax?" i asked, seriously. She just laughed.

"You can't tell anyone, but yes i am seeing Brax. Actually were going on our first date tonight" she said, happily.

"Geez, i guess we both can't stay away from the Braxtons" i stated as we both walked towards the surfclub. 

"You and Heath?" she asked and i nodded as we walked into the surfclub and ordered our juices.

*That night*

Charlie's POV

I picked up the two dresses laying on my bed, pulling them into the bathroom when Ruby walked in. I had a choice of a blue strapless one and a white onestrapped dress.

"Which one?" i asked and she laughed, pointing to the blue strapless one. 

"Thanks" i said, as she took the other dress and i started to get changed when Leah walked in.

"Hey, where are you going tonight?" Leah asked, noticing that i was going out.

"Uhm... Im going on a date" i replied nervously. She sighed.

"Please tell me its not with that Braxton boy" she sighed, and i nodded. 

"I really like him Leah, and you can't stop me from seeing him." i said, angrily.

"Well, hes not coming back here" she said, walking out angrily. I sighed, as i started to do my make up. 

*30 minutes later*

"Charlie, Brax is here" called out Ruby, as i nervously picked up my bag and phone. 

"Im coming" i said, as i quickly came to the door.

"Hel..." he started to say, but became speechless as he looked me up and down.

"Hey" i said, putting my phone into my bag.

"You look beautiful" he said, speechless. I laughed.

"Your not so bad yourself" i replied, as Ruby waved goodbye to us.

"Goodnight" she called out as i turned and waved. We both walked out to the driveway, not saying a word to each other. He opened the car door for me and i got in. He started the car up and we were off. 

"So.. Hows ya day been?" he asked, genuinly interested. 

"Good, considering the way Leah took the news. But Bianca and Ruby are really good about it" i said, as i started to babble. 

"That's good" he said, trying to focus on the road. 

"Yeah, it is" i said, quietly. I was so nervous and wasn't sure what to say.  My heart was beating, as fast as ever and i was pretty sure that he could hear it. 

*1 hour later, at the restraunt*

Brax's POV

"Okay Charlie, were here" i announced, opening up her door.

"Thanks" she said nervously. I thought it was funny how she acted around me. But the thing is, i acted the same so i had no advantage over her. We walked into the restraunt, hand in hand. Both with big goofy smiles on our faces. 

"Darryl?" i heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see my aunty standing there.

"Hey!" i said, hugging her. Charlie smiled politely.

"Oh, um Charlie this is my aunty fiona, this is Charlie" i said, wrapping my arm around her waist. 

"Hello Charlie, its nice to meet you" she said, as the two women shook hands. 

"Hello" she said. I could tell she was nervous. 

"Um.. Charlie is my.. Um my.." i started to say, not sure what she really was.

"Were seeing each other" she interupted, seeing the expression on my face. 

"Ah.. Good job Darryl" she said, nodding her head and flashing a smile at her nephew.

"Anyway, we gotta go now" i said, grabbing hold of Charlie's hand. 

"Okay, it was nice to meet you Charlie" my aunty said, as we walked i the opposite direction to take a seat. I pulled the chair out for Charlie, then sat down myself.

"So, what did you think of my Aunty Fiona?" i asked, interested to see what she would think. 

"Shes nice. I like her" she answered. I smiled. It was so good that she approved of someone in my family. 

"So. Are we gunna order or what?" she asked. I nodded. We both ordered our tea, and waited for them to bring it over. 

"So, were you close to her?" Charlie asked, trying to make conversation. I nodded.

"Yeahh, i was always at her place" i answered, as i noticed Charlie staring in the direction of a 50 year old man. 

"What is it Charlie?" i asked her, worried. She just shook her head.

"Can we go somewhere else. Anywhere else just not here." she said, as tears started to roll down her cheeks. 

"Okay then, lets go" i said, standing up. She stood up and ran ibto my arms, crying. I looked over at the guy and he was laughing in our direction. He then started to walk towards us.

"So.. Hows Ruby?" he asked, rudely. 

"You dont deserve to know. As far as im concerned, your not part of her life" she sobbed. I comforted her as we made our way to the door. 

"Get away from me" she spat as the man started to follow. 

"Just stay away" i warned, and gave him a look as we walked out of the restraunt. 

"Charlie... Whats wrong?" i asked as she ran for the car and junped inside as quick as she could. 

"Nothing Brax. Can you just drive me home" she said, as i wiped the tears off of her face. 

"Charlie, we are not going home until you tell me who he was" i insisted. She sighed.

"His name is Grant Bledcoe" she sobbed. "He is Ruby's father" i gasped. He's like 50. 

"But.. How?" i asked, confused.

"Look Brax, im not really ready to tell you the details but i will eventually" she said. 

"Its okay Charlie. Im not gunna pressure you or anything. But just remember that im here if you ever need?" i said, pulling her into a hug as she continued to cry. 

"Yess, i know" she said, wiping the tears away.

"Okay, well where do you wanna go then?" i asked.

"Well, i just wanna go home. It was a shock seeing him after.." she started to say. I nodded.

"Its alright, you don't need to explain anything to me." i said. She smiled.

"Thankyou so much Brax" she said, leaning in and kissing me. 

OMG I am like lost for words that chapter was absolutely amaze!!!! Grant what an a**hole seriously!! What if he heads to the Bay?? :huh: It would be a bit scary for Charlie but it would be a great place to take the story for a while and great way for Charlie and Brax to become closer and he would be so protective. Also I would love to see Brax deck Grant HAHA!!

I just want you to update like right now!!! :D XX

Librarian Edit: Please don't write the entire post in capital letters - it's known as "shouting".

CHAPTER 13

Charlie's POV

I sat at my desk, bored. I ha nothing to do at work but paperwork. I couldn't stop thinking about Brax and Grant and Ruby. I decided to text brax. He wouldn't know what to think after last night and me crying and running off. 

'Hey, im sorry about last night. Can't wait to see you next C x' i sent. Just as i sent it, i felt someone brwathing over my shoulder. I gasped and turned around to find Joyce standing there. He looked angry.

"He's not any good for you Charlie. He's just gunna get you hurt" he said. I stood up, shocked by what he was saying.

"Um.. Sorry but last time i checked i coul make my own decisions. And if i want to then i will see brax." i stormed out angrily. 

"Im just lookin out for you" he said, following me into the main part of the office.

"Your not my father. I can look after myself!" i screamed, before walking out of the station and bumping into a man.

"Im so sor.." i started to say before i realised who it was.

"Oh.. Look who it is" he said. A tear fell down my cheek.

"GET AWAY FROM ME GRANT!" i screamed running for my car but it was locked.

"No chance of that happening" he said, as he touched my arm, dtarting to slide his hand up towards my strap. 

"GET OFF ME!" i screamed, as i saw Brax come around the corner. 

"Brax!" i screamed. He turned and saw the guy trying to touch me. He looked in shock before he came running.

"GET OFF OF HER YOU CREEP" he screamed, angrily.

"Make me" said Grant, as he stepped towards Brax. 

"Charlie, get behind me" he screamed at me , not wanting for me to get hurt. She stepped back with tears streaming down her eyes. 

"Now, you!" he said, stepping towards the man that raped me at 14. 

"What are you gu.." Grant started to say, before Brax belted him, punching him straight in the eye. Grant just laughed as Brax continued to punch him and Grant eventually fell to the ground, blood streaming down his face. He was knocked out and i was crying. Brax turned around to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked, worried about me.

"Yeah, thanks to you. But you really shouldn't of done that!" i said, as i hugged him for comfort. 

"I know, its just... I got so angry when i saw what he was trying to do to you. I can't imagine anyone ever tryin g to hurt you." he said, as i pulled away from a hug.

"Don't worry about me, i mean look at you" i said, lifting up his hand to see blood covering it. He had punched that hard that He'd made his own knuckles bleed.

"Charlie! Im okay" he exclaimed, as Grant started to wake up. 

*The next day*

Bianca's POV

I was sittin at the diner, thinkin about Heath and Liam an my horrible love life when Charlie walked in and sat beside me. 

"Hey Bee" she said, placing her ba next to her. 

"Hey, hows Brax going?" i asked, trying to keep her away form talking about my love life. 

"Yeahh, okay" she sighed.

"Okay, we need to talk. What are you doing tonight?" i asked, thinking it'd be a great time to tell her about my troubles as well. She smiled.

"Nothing that i know of" she said, smiling at my idea.

"well, why don't we have a girls night in" i offered. 

"Yes, be at my place at 8" she said, standing up. 

"okay, ill see you then" i said as she waved and walked away. 

*That night, at 8:30*

Charlie's POV

I laughed at what Bianca had just told me. Both of us had gone for the Braxton brothers. They weren't anything like anyone thought they were. They were all soft and sensitive but no one but you knew about that part of them. Just as i was thinking that, i heard a knock at my door. I stood up and opened the door. There stood Cheryl Braxton. She smiled at me embarrassed.

"Hello Sargeant, i need your help" she sighed. 

"Hello Cheryl, what is it i can do for you?" i asked, curious about what she was gunna say next. 

"Um.. Its kinda personal. Not realy police buisness. Um.. I thought, that since you were kinda like a detective you could help" she said, clearly uncomfortable about having to come to me.

"What is it?" i asked politely. She sighed.

"I need you to help me work out who Brax's woman is!" she said. I tried to smile, trying not to show that the person was me.

"Ahm.. Sure" i said, thinking it would be fun to see some of the stuff she thinks. "Come in" i smiled at her and let her in the door. 

"So, do you know anything about this woman?" i asked, interested to see what Brax has said.

"Just that he really likes her. He came home last night after punching up some guy over something to do with her. He came home the night before that looking all sad and worried. If that helps at all?" she said, with a questioning look on my face. 

"Okay hold on" i said, as i walked into the living room. 

"Im really sorry Bee, but can we do this another night, like go out tomorrow?" i asked, worried about if she would ask questions.

"No thats fine, i was just thinking i should leave" she said as i sighed with relief.

"Okay, well i'll talk tomorrow" she said, walking out the front door and i nodded. 

"Okay, lets go to my place. We can talk there" Cheryl said, as politely as she could. 

"Okay then" i replied, picking up my bag and keys. 

*At the Braxton's house, 9:30*

Brax's POV

I had just come home from a long day of work. I walked in the door, chucking off my sjoes i noticed that my mother had company as she was laughing with another woman. I alked into the living room, expecting a 40-50yr old woman but there say Charlie. 

"Sargeant Buckton?" i said, they both jumped at me walking in. 

"Darryl" she replied, awkwardly. 

"Don't jump so much, anyone'd think yous were talking about me" i stated as i poured myself a drink. Mum just laughed.

"Thats cause we were" she stated as they both stood up as it was time for her to leave. 

"Ooh, what about?" i asked, suddenly interested.

"Just this eoman your seeing" she said, as i was drinking and the water spat oit everywhere, all over Charlie. 

"Ooh, so there is a woman" Mum said, as Charlie laughed. 

"Thats none of your buisness" i said, walking out and into my room but still listening in o them without them relaising it.

"Okay, well i better get going, call me tomorrow" Charlie said. I almost fell down in shock. What was my mother doing, being friends with a cop, let alone Charlie.

"Okay, i will. Um,. Thankyou for this" mum said, i was in even more shock. My mum using manners. I couldn't listen to anymore, so i grabbed clothes and jumped into the shower. 

LOOOOOOVED those two updates !!!!!!, especially.............

 I picked up the two dresses laying on my bed, pulling them into the bathroom when Ruby walked in. I had a choice of a blue strapless one and a white onestrapped dress.

"Which one?" i asked and she laughed, pointing to the blue strapless one.

 "Hel..." he started to say, but became speechless as he looked me up and down.

 as i noticed Charlie staring in the direction of a 50 year old man.

"What is it Charlie?" i asked her, worried. She just shook her head.

"Can we go somewhere else. Anywhere else just not here." she said, as tears started to roll down her cheeks.

"Okay then, lets go" i said, standing up. She stood up and ran ibto my arms, crying. I looked over at the guy and he was laughing in our direction. He then started to walk towards us.

"So.. Hows Ruby?" he asked, rudely.

"You dont deserve to know. As far as im concerned, your not part of her life" she sobbed. I comforted her as we made our way to the door.

"Get away from me" she spat as the man started to follow.

"Just stay away" i warned, and gave him a look as we walked out of the restraunt.

"Charlie... Whats wrong?" i asked as she ran for the car and junped inside as quick as she could.

"Nothing Brax. Can you just drive me home" she said, as i wiped the tears off of her face.

"Charlie, we are not going home until you tell me who he was" i insisted. She sighed.

"His name is Grant Bledcoe" she sobbed. "He is Ruby's father" i gasped. He's like 50.

 "Um.. Sorry but last time i checked i coul make my own decisions. And if i want to then i will see brax." i stormed out angrily.

 "Charlie, get behind me" he screamed at me , not wanting for me to get hurt. She stepped back with tears streaming down her eyes.

"Now, you!" he said, stepping towards the man that raped me at 14.

"What are you gu.." Grant started to say, before Brax belted him, punching him straight in the eye. Grant just laughed as Brax continued to punch him and Grant eventually fell to the ground, blood streaming down his face. He was knocked out and i was crying. Brax turned around to me.

 They weren't anything like anyone thought they were. They were all soft and sensitive but no one but you knew about that part of them.

 "I need you to help me work out who Brax's woman is!" she said. I tried to smile, trying not to show that the person was me.

"Ahm.. Sure" i said, thinking it would be fun to see some of the stuff she thinks. "Come in" i smiled at her and let her in the door.

 "Don't jump so much, anyone'd think yous were talking about me" i stated as i poured myself a drink. Mum just laughed.

"Thats cause we were" she stated as they both stood up as it was time for her to leave.

"Ooh, what about?" i asked, suddenly interested.

"Just this eoman your seeing" she said, as i was drinking and the water spat oit everywhere, all over Charlie.

Really enjoying the updates and looking forward to see where you take the story. Getting Cheryl involved seems like it will bring some fun...

Like the chemistry and relationships - really good. Hope Leah comes round and they don't get too much agro... Thanks for story :)

Archived