Exact Opposites

Guest Charlie-brax

Ooooooooh !!!! My 1st post in 2012 !!!!!!

LOOOOOVED that, especially.............

 I stopped with my thoughts, when i heard someone walking towards Charlie's room. I quickly jumped up, grabbed my clothes and got under her bed, just as Ruby walked in. She started picking up all Charlie's clothes from yesterday. Just then, Charlie rolled over and must've realised i was gone.

"Brax" she said sleepily, still with her eyes closed. I guess Ruby must of assumed that she was sleep talking when she laughed.

"Having another dream about Brax are we" she laughed. I had to stop myself from laughing too. Charlie then began to wake up. She looked around the room, as if she was looking for me.

"What are you looking for?" Ruby asked, wondering what was with her mothers behaviour.

"Ah.. Just my um, jogging stuff" Charlie, quickly said as she noticed them being draped across a chair in the corner.

"They're over there" Ruby told her, as she walked out and closed the door behind her.

 Looking as hot as ever in her jogging gear.

 "Yeah, it is when i.." i started to say, before stopping myself.

 "Oh.. And.. I think Joyce might like you" Brax said. I froze and then thought about it. He did always give me more credit for things than other people, he promoted me to sargeant when two other officers were already more qualified.

"You have got to be kidding me. That is gross" i said as Brax laughed. Little did they know, that someone was watching their every move, and listening to their every word.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER 17

Brax's POV

We finally arrived at the beach, that i had decided on. I helped Charlie out as we walked hand in hand down the beach. 

"So.. What are we doing here?" she asked, suspiciously. I laughed.

"You'll see" i replied, as we headed towards the surfboard that was dug into the sand. 

"No.. No.. No.." she said and i laughed.

"Yes, we are going surfing" i laughed. She shook her head.

"Um.... I don't have bathers" she made up as an excuse. I nodded.

"Yes you do. Ruby gave me some" i replied, pulling out the black and white pair. She sighed.

"Fine!" she said as i laughed. I could finally get to teach her how to surf. 

"But first... Lets eat" i sat down on the soft blanket, patting the spot next to me, indicating for her to sit down. 

"Thanks for this Brax. Its what i really needed" Charlie said, as she sat down. I smiled.

"I know, you've really had it hard with Joyce and Leah an everything" i said, pulling out the food that Ruby had got for me. Little did they know, this same person was watching again.

*At the station*

Joyce's POV

The man rushed into my office. He was finally back with informtion about Charlie and Brax.

"Yeah?" i asked, as we both took seats.

"What kind of information do you want exactly?" the guy asked. I thought about it, and realised that i didn't know.

"Um.. Probably just anything about Brax that'll make her break up with him." i finally said. He nodded and exited the room. I couldn't believe that i had gone to Hammer for this.L

*Back at the beach*

Charlie's POV

I packed up the blanket, while Brax took everything else back to the car. Coming back he grabbed it from me and i slowly followed from behind. He chucke it in and turned around, when i realised how close we were actually standing. He smiled as he gently kissed my lips. And i couldn't help but passionately kiss him back. Little did they know, Joyce was walking up towards them. He was jealous.

"Joyce?" i said, confused as to why he was here.

"Yes. Hello Charlie... Brax" he said. We stood there, waiting for him to say what he wanted to say.

"What is it?" Brax finally said, when Joyce disn't say a word. Finally he sighed and started to talk.

"Well... I warned both of you to break up with one another, and yet you remain together. I am going to have to suspend you Charlie, and Brax. All i can do to you is warn you, that um going to get you" he said, sternly. 

"Fine then, suspend me" i said angrily,  as i got into Brax's car and slammed the door.

"Nice one, inspector" Brax said, as he joined me and we sped off down the road, on our way back to Summer Bay.

We finally arrived at our house, and i looked over at him with a tear rolling down my cheek. He looked over at me worried, as he wiped the tear off my cheek. 

"Charlie, it's gunna be alright." Brax said, trying to comfort me.

"But.. I feel like everything i do is wrong, and like everyone hates me" i finally blurted out. 

"Charlie.. You have me, Ruby, Bianca. You have alot of people who really care about you and that's all that matters" Brax said. I smiled up at him, wiping away the final tear.

"Yeah, i guess alot of people do love me" i sighed. He nodded.

"I know i do Charlie. I love you" he said, i smiled up at hi in relief. Cause i loved him too.

"I love you too Brax" i said, a more tears rolled down her cheeks. 

"Hey, what are the tears for then?" Brax asked. I shrugged not wanting to tell him. I sighed as he sat down beside me. 

"Its just.. I can't believe that Darryl Braxton just told me that he loves me." i amiled at him. He laughed.

"Anyway, i think you better go" Brax said, pointing to Ruby who was standing at the door. 

"I'll talk to you later" i said, leaning in and kissing him, leaving him wanting more.

"Later Braxton" i called over my shoulder.

"Later Sargeant" he laughed. I laughed as well, as i walked inside to an excted Ruby. I sighed, as i realised that i was gunna have to tell her everything.

WOAH at Joyce’s behaviour!!! SOOOOOO enjoyed that, especially.............

 "No.. No.. No.." she said and i laughed.

"Yes, we are going surfing" i laughed. She shook her head.

"Um.... I don't have bathers" she made up as an excuse. I nodded.

"Yes you do. Ruby gave me some" i replied, pulling out the black and white pair. She sighed.

 "Um.. Probably just anything about Brax that'll make her break up with him." i finally said. He nodded and exited the room. I couldn't believe that i had gone to Hammer for this

 "Well... I warned both of you to break up with one another, and yet you remain together. I am going to have to suspend you Charlie, and Brax. All i can do to you is warn you, that um going to get you" he said, sternly.

 and i looked over at him with a tear rolling down my cheek. He looked over at me worried, as he wiped the tear off my cheek.

 "But.. I feel like everything i do is wrong, and like everyone hates me" i finally blurted out.

"Charlie.. You have me, Ruby, Bianca. You have alot of people who really care about you and that's all that matters"

CHAPTER 18

Ruby's POV

Charlie walked inside the door, looking all goofy like every other time that she sees Brax. I jumped up and down excitedly.

"So... how was it?" i asked, growing impatient. She smiled.

"It was great! other than the bit where we saw Joyce" she answered me. I stood there, worried. Whenever she saw Joyce these days, something bad would always happen.

"And..." i asked, she was taking forever to answer any of my questions.

"Um, i got suspended from the police force just for now. And i think that Joyce likes me" Charlie answered, shaking her head. I just laughed, until i realised that this could be true. He always trusted her and promoted her before the more qualified police officers. And he always believed her, no matter what the situation was and how fake the lie was.

"Ohmygod!" was all that i couldd get out, through all my laughing.

"Shutup! Now do you wanna hear about the lunch or not?" Charlie asked, getting annoyed at me.

"Yes, please share" i said, waiting for her to begin talking.

"OKay, well it started off great! We were just talking and having a normal lunch date until we ran into Joyce. Then he told me that i was suspended and we drove home. Then, once we got here we were saying goodbye, and he told me that he loves me. And i said it back Ruby" Charlie told me. I gasped. How, she had commitment issues, but when it came to Brax, they were all gone.

"Awwww, that's so cute" i told her. She just looked at me weirdly. I laughed. They were so good together, even if no one else thought so, i sure did.

Charlie's POV

Later that night, i was lying in bed when my phone beeped. And Brax's name flashed across the screen. I smiled and opened it up.

'Hey, misss you already.

What are you doing for

dinner tomorrow? B x'

It read. I laughed and started to type.

'Hey, i miss you too. And

im not dooing anything yet C x'

I sent. Putting my phone down on the side table next to me, it started to beep again. He was a fast typer.

'I was thinking, we should go

out to dinner B x'

It read. I smiled. That was all i wanted right now. To just see him.

'Yes. But before we do Brax, i

think we need to tell a few people C x'

i replied. Instantly getting a reply from him.

'Okay, meet me here at 5 so

we have plenty of time to tell

everyone C x' i sent. Waiting for a reply, it was an even shorter time.

'Okay, i love you B x' it said. I smiled. I still wasn't used to the fact that i was in love with a riverboy.

'Love you too C x' i sent, before switching my phone off, and slowly drifting off to sleep.

Brax's POV

The next day, i drove up the Buckton's driveway. I saw Ruby peek out of the window and then heard her scream out something to Charlie. I laughed to myself as i lightly knocked on their door. Leah was up in Queensland so i didn't have to worry about sneaking in or out without getting seen. All of a sudden, the door swung open and there stood a very excited Ruby.

"Hey, is she ready yet?" i asked her. She nodded.

"She's been ready for 15 minutes" Ruby replied, as we walked into their living room. Charlie walked out and froze when she saw me standing there. She smiled nervously, as did i.

"Hey" she said, slowly walking towards me.

"Hey you" i said as i went to kiss her. But i heard someone clearing their throat next to me, and realised that i had forgotten about Ruby being in the room.

"Ah, sorry Rubes" i said as we all started to laughed.

"Okay, lets go" i said, as we made our way to the front door.

"One thing, lets not tell anyone though" Charlie said. I laughed. She kept changing her mind about this.

Charlie's POV

We had just been out on our date, when my phone started to ring. I picked up and it was Joyce.

"Hey, your not suspended anymore. We need your help on a new case that just came in. A robbery" Joyce said. I smiled spread across my face. I had my job back, i had Brax and Ruby. My life was almost perfect.

"Okay, do i come in now or tomorrow?" i asked, hoping for a tomorrow. I wanted to spend the rest of the night with Brax.

"Tonight. As quickly as you can too" Joyce said. I sighed, i was not looking forward to having to tell Brax that i had to go. I hung it up and smiled lightly at him.

"I have to go into work, im so sorry. There was a robbery and they need my help. I am SO sorry." i said. He shook his head and laughed.

"No, its okay. I understand" Brax replied. I was surprised by how good he was being with all this. With that, we both got into the car and drove off in the direction of Summer Bay.

Joyce's POV

I was working late, there was people everywhere because of the robbery. When all of a sudden, Charlie barged in. We needed her to work, she was the best police officer we had. And i would say that, even if i didn't like her.

"Finally, um. Charlie, theres something i need to tell you" I said, nervously. She nodded.

"um, we think it's Brax" I said. She just shook her head and looked at me angrily.

"What time?" Charlie asked me, obviously trying to prove me wrong.

"4:45" i replied. She looked down, disappointed as she walked out of the room and into her own office. I sighed. I didn't want to hurt Charlie, but that's exactly what this was gunna do.

CHAPTER 19

Brax's POV

I was at the restraunt, i had gone there when Charlie had to urgently go into work when she suddenly barged in. She looked angry and she stormed upto me.

"Hey" i said, trying to pretend i hadn't noticed.

"Where were you at around 4:45 today?" she asked. I was confused. Why would she ask a question like that.

"Um, i was at home getting ready for our date" i answered, with the truth. She sighed.

"So, you wern't at the diner?" she asked. I shook my head.

"I havn't been there in over a week" i replied, as i thought about how long it actually had been.

"Well, we have some proof that you robbed the diner" she spat at me. I shook my head.

"I would never do that Charlie you have to believe me" i told her, knowing that she would be going into cop mode again. She looked down, unsure of what to say i was guessing.

"What, don't you trust me now?" i asked. She shook her head.

"No" she said quietly, before leaving me standing there. I couldn't believe that she didn't believe me about this. I would never rob someone. That was just going too far.

Watson's POV

We walked up the driveway to the Braxton's house. For some reason Charlie looked really nervous. She had been here before so i wasn't sure why. I knocked on the door, and Darryl Braxton answered the door. I noticed Charlie tense up when he did.

"What can i do for you today, officers?" he asked, smartly as usual.

"Um, we need you to come down to the station with us. To answer a few questions" i answered him, as Charlie stood behind me. I was now really confused about this.

"Why would i wanna do that?" he asked. I shook my head. I should of known he would of been like that.

"Cause if you don't, we are gunna get a warrant to search this place, inside and out" i replied, as he finally sighed and walked outside.

"Fine" he said, as i pushed him down into the police car. Hopefully, this would be the thing that would bring down the Braxtons, once and for all.

Charlie's POV

I walked into the interview room, alongside Watson. I was really nervous, and i wanted to prove them wrong about Brax. I sat down in front of him, with Watson sitting next to me.

"So Br..Darryl, where were you at 4:45 yesterday afternoon?" i asked, knowing the answer. I was half hoping he would lie but also hoping he wouldn't.

"Ahm, i was at home" he answered. It was true i suppose.

"And what were you doing?" Watson asked.

"Ahm, i was watching tv" he asnwered. I sighed. He better have someone who was home with him.

"Can anyone verify that?" i asked. He slightly nodded.

"Yeah, Heath" he answered.

"Do you have any idea who it might of been then?" i asked. He shook his head.

"No, not a clue" he answered. This interview wasn't going as bad as i thought. Still, it made me realise something about Brax. He was a riverboy and i was a policeofficer. No matter how much i loved him, it woud never work out. i looked down and sighed as i heard Watson asking him questions but i diddn't hear what was being said. I was concentrating on my own thoughts.

Brax's POV

I drove up to the small carpark, where i had agreed to meet up with Charlie. She sid it was urgent and she sounded upset on the phone. I ggot out of the driverseat and leaned on the bonet of the car, when the police car drove up. I smiled up at her, but she didn't return it. Getting out, i noticed that she was crying. She had tears rolling down her cheeks and shewas sobbing. I went to wipe them away from her face but she pulled away. I was worried about her and she was just pushing me away.

"Charlie, what's wrong?" i asked her. She looked down.

"Um, i don't think that this is gunna work. Between us" she said. I was confused.

"No Charlie. PLease don't do this" i begged. She looked down and shook her head.

"Charlie, i love you. You can't do this to me. Please" i said. She didn't even look at me when she shook her head.

"Brax, please don't. Your making it harder for me to do this" she sobbed.

"Charlie, please" i begged, for the last time. She started the car before she finally looked up at me.

"And Brax, i love you and i always will. It's just i don't think it will work well between us" she said, as i sunk down next to my car. This time, tears rolling down my cheeks. She was the one thing good in my life and now she was gone.

Casey's POV

I walked into the house, and noticed Brax sitting on the couch. He was surrounded by beer bottles and he had tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Are you crying?" i asked. He shook his head and looked down.

"No Casey" he said. His voice diddn't sound like it. Maybe he wasn't crying.

"What's wrong?" i asked. He only drank this much, when somethig really bad happened.

"Cha..Charlie and I, we brroke up" he said, sinking depper into the chair.

"What! Why?" i asked. Why the hell would they break up. They were so good together.

"Because i'm a riverboy and she's a cop. She dosn't think it would work' he siggheed. I shook my head.

"You really loved her didn't you?" i asked and he nodded, as he downed another drink.

"Wait til Ruby finds out" i said. She would go balistic. The only time Charlie was in a good modd, was when they were together.

The next day, i woke up and found Brax still on the couch. He hadd double the amount of beer bottles.

"Brax, i think you should stop crying" i said, taking the bottle he was drinking now out of his hands.

"Oy, give that b..bac..ack to m..meeeee" he slurred. I shook my heead and started to clean up all of the other bottles when Heath walked in. He had just woken up.

'What's happened to him?" Heath asked. I shrugged, not wanting Heath to find out about Charlie.

"I got dumped!" he said. Heath turned around, with a big grin on his face.

"By who?" he asked.

"Charlie" he sighed, as he ran for the toilet. Heath just laughed.

"Did you know?" i asked. He nodded.

"How could ya not know, they were always 'busy' at the same time, and the looks they gave each other" Heath replied, as he poured himself a glass of water.

'Im going for a surf, you coming?" Heath asked, as he headed for tthe door. I shook my head. I was going to see Ruby.

LOVED that, especially.............

 Charlie walked inside the door, looking all goofy like every other time that she sees Brax. I jumped up and down excitedly.

 I just laughed, until i realised that this could be true. He always trusted her and promoted her before the more qualified police officers. And he always believed her, no matter what the situation was and how fake the lie was.

"Ohmygod!" was all that i couldd get out, through all my laughing.

"Shutup! Now do you wanna hear about the lunch or not?" Charlie asked, getting annoyed at me.

 he told me that he loves me. And i said it back Ruby" Charlie told me. I gasped. How, she had commitment issues, but when it came to Brax, they were all gone.

"Awwww, that's so cute" i told her. She just looked at me weirdly. I laughed. They were so good together, even if no one else thought so, i sure did.

 I smiled. I still wasn't used to the fact that i was in love with a riverboy.

 "Hey you" i said as i went to kiss her. But i heard someone clearing their throat next to me, and realised that i had forgotten about Ruby being in the room.

"Ah, sorry Rubes" i said as we all started to laughed.

 "Hey, your not suspended anymore. We need your help on a new case that just came in. A robbery" Joyce said. I smiled spread across my face. I had my job back, i had Brax and Ruby. My life was almost perfect.

 We needed her to work, she was the best police officer we had. And i would say that, even if i didn't like her.

 "What, don't you trust me now?" i asked. She shook her head.

"No" she said quietly, before leaving me standing there. I couldn't believe that she didn't believe me about this. I would never rob someone. That was just going too far.

 "And Brax, i love you and i always will. It's just i don't think it will work well between us" she said, as i sunk down next to my car. This time, tears rolling down my cheeks. She was the one thing good in my life and now she was gone.

 taking the bottle he was drinking now out of his hands.

"Oy, give that b..bac..ack to m..meeeee" he slurred. I shook my heead and started to clean up all of the other bottles

Archived