Devastating Lie That Will Bring Turmoil

Guest BraxandCharlie4Ever

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 5 - Should I? I Could I?

Jack felt the lump grow in his throat, how was he going to handle this situation.

"Um, Dad really wanted help to set up something in the gym for the morning before the meeting," stumbled Jack.

Colleen just raised her eyebrows, "I'm sure it wouldn't take long Constable Holden a small talk wouldn't kill your father," muttered Colleen. Jack didn't understand why she couldn't see that he didn't WANT to talk to them.

"Fine! I guess I could just to appease you," told Jack. He glared at Colleen for a moment before she shuffled off.

Jack just stood there, he didn't know what to say. They stared at each other for a little bit.

"Well, welcome to the bay, stay out of trouble," said Jack.

They nodded, Kate was unsure whether to speak since she heard the displeased tone in his voice. Jack walked off and was greeted by Colleen again, "Nice talk?"

"Sure, I guess," said Jack as Colleen scurried over there to talk to them again.

Jack went into the gym to give his father and brother a hand in setting this thing up, "Went alright?" asked Lucas.

"They didn't say a thing, only nodded," said Jack.

"Why, what did you say?" asked Tony.

"Just a welcome and stay out of trouble," laughed Jack.

Lucas nodded, "Well certainly isn't time for that speech."

"Up on the podium it is though," giggled Jack.

"Do you really think so?" asked Tony alert.

"Why not? Embarrass her out of half the crap she's put us through, I'm gonna make out that Luc is distraught, unable to comprehend how this has happened, and then tell her how much she doesn't know about him!" growled Jack.

It was Jack's time up on the podium to speak, "Today was an interesting day for me, station work was quite boring until the file of my Mother's death was on my table. At first, I didn't understand why it was out then thoughts rushed through me, new evidence? A confession? I asked Charlie, turns out all this evidence was fake and collaborated by this crooked police officer, because Kate wanted out of her marriage. So she decided death was easier, leaving an 18 month old boy and a six year old son with their Dad to fend for themselves whilst a grieving father didn't know how to cope. She's alive. But guess what? She now resides here! Lucas is distraught, he never knew her! I did, he doesn't know how or what to do. I still in my head she's dead. It's always gonna be that for me, she abandoned my father, my little brother and myself for what? Another man. I'm certainly not pleased with what happened at work today. But, this community needed to know that, with the close-knit community that we're in," said Jack. Some people started to talk, Colleen made a massive "Arrrh" noise she makes.

Jack got off the podium and went to his family.

How will Kate Respond?

Why does Rachel get Jealous?

What does Luc do that hurts someone's Feelings?

What to you think? :wub:

Archived