Devastating Lie That Will Bring Turmoil

Guest BraxandCharlie4Ever

This fic or sorts has been bugging me all day. Have to put it into action.

Name: Devastating Lie That Will Bring Turmoil.

Type of Story: Long Fic.

Main Characters: Jack, Lucas, Tony, Kate (will be explained in first chapter).

BTTB Rating: T

Warning: (SC, CL)

Genre: Drama/Hurt/Romance

Spoilers: None.

Summary: Jack and Lucas' mother had apparently died when they both were at a young age. Now that they live in Summer Bay, Jack's happily Married. Lucas is happy dating Matilda, Tony's marrying Rachel (yes Luc stuck around and so Did Matilda). But news is quickly out that both Jack and Lucas' mother is alive...how will the three Holden's take this news? Especially with the news that's coming...

Librarian Note: I added the BTTB Rating in. Please make sure that the BTTB Rating has a line of its own and not added to the Warnings in future, thanks. :)

Chapter One - Being Told That His Long Lost Mother is Alive.

Jack sat at his office at the police station continuously working on files that needed to be done, it was quite boring. He whisked over the files, noticing one that was strikingly odd. He opened it. "The death of Kate Holden" that was his mother, who died oh so many years ago. This confused Jack, he walked into Charlie's office.

"Could you tell me me why my mother's files on my desk?" asked Jack. Charlie looked stunned.

"Shut the door," said Charlie. Jack did as she said and took a seat in front of her desk.

"This girl came to us, with her family. As she just moved to the bay. She confessed to faking her death and leaving a husband and two boys devastated. She confessed that she had some legal help to do so, but she wanted to let her family that she left behind know that she faked her death. The kids were young at the time. As you know, she said her name used to be Kate Holden and her children were Lucas and you. We didn't know how to respond, just that we'll look into getting in contact with them," said Charlie. She saw Jack's colour go completely and utter white.

"So, erm, what you're saying is, that my mother's still alive and been denying Luc and I a right to a mother, what does she have any other family?" asked Jack.

"Yes, she married and had three children, they're ages five, twelve and fifteen. She met this man whilst being with your father and made the choice to cut off all ties with Tony and his children," said Charlie. Jack didn't know how or what to do. Nor did he know how to comprehend all this information. He just looked at Charlie dumbfounded.

He stood up, "She lives here with this new family of hers, and they go to Luc's school?"

"Yeah, she's the new teacher there," told Charlie. He looked rather shocked.

"I don't understand how she would do this! To Luc! I knew her, he didn't," growled Jack, suddenly returning the seat.

"She thought it would have been better," said Charlie.

"Well it's not," said Jack.

"How about you go take a break to process all of this information?" asked Charlie.

"Yeah, I think I should. Thanks Charlie, thanks for telling me," sighed Jack.

"You're welcome," said Charlie.

Jack left the office grabbed his jacket and headed out of the station, he couldn't believe how long his 'dead' mother kept her lie safely and soundly until now. Why would she do this to Lucas? Who about a year ago cried that he wished he met his mother. Things didn't all add up for Jack. He did really wonder why she never said a thing.

Next Time:

Jack goes to the High School and breaks the news to Luc.

Lucas' new teacher is Jack and Lucas' mother.

Will they find that part out?

:wub: What'd you think?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I wasn't expecting good comments like that :wub:. Thanks! I hope this story comes along well.

Chapter 2 - She's What?

Jack wondered and pondered on how he was going to tell Lucas, he didn't want to tell his father; Tony until last. He thought it was best for Lucas to know. Before she told the class herself. He walked to Summer Bay High and entered he saw Gina there who was the Principal, "What class would my brother Lucas happen to have now?" asked Jack.

"He was just in English with the new teacher," said Gina pointing to the classroom.

Jack knocked and then entered and saw Lucas being smitten with a girl, "Excuse me, Miss. Would I be able to borrow my brother Lucas for a minute?"

"Sure thing," said the teacher.

Lucas got up and exited the classroom, "What's up mate?"

"Well, today I found out that our mother planned and faked her death, she's still alive. Living with her new husband and children," said Jack. Lucas just looked totally stunned.

"She...she's alive?" asked Lucas.

"Yes, I'm sorry. But there's something else," said Jack.

"What's that?" asked Lucas, his voice was barely a whisper.

"She lives in Summer Bay and well, she's your new English Teacher," said Jack.

Lucas sat down he breathed heavily, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. His mother, who he couldn't remember has been dead for most of his life and now to be suddenly alive felt far too much for him. He looked up at Jack, "Why did she not come and visit us?"

"I have no idea," said Jack.

"To even think that's her in there, makes me cringe," said Luc.

"I'm sorry," said Jack.

"How did Dad take it?" asked Luc.

"I thought I'd tell you first, cause you needed to know before she planted it on the class," said Jack.

Lucas nodded, "Well better get back."

"Alright, text me if you need me. I'll come," answered Jack.

"Will do, see ya later," laughed Lucas and went back into class.

The teacher looked, "Everything alright?"

"Like you care, but everything's just dandy! My life has just been turned upside down!" growled Lucas, he was glaring.

"I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it all comes right," said Kate.

Lucas took a seat and just sat there thinking.

I know it's short, but I couldn't think about where else to take this as I have plans for how it's all revealed.

Next Time:

Lucas gets suspended.

Tony finds out?

What happens at a Summer Bay Community meeting?

What do you think? :wub:

Archived