Trouble In Paradise!

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the next chapter guys, thank-you for all your comments; they really are enjoyable to read.

Hope you enjoy this new chapter!

~**~

Charlie couldn’t believe what she was seeing and hearing, standing there watching Brax and the girl who she now knew as Sophia, Charlie didn’t know what to say she was in shock still. She didn’t understand what these two people meant to each other, was she a family member or an ex-girlfriend, oh how Charlie didn’t want her to be an ex.

Brax’s eyes fluttered from Charlie to Sophia, what did Charlie know? Had Sophia spoken to her? Brax wasn’t sure he was ready to tell Charlie his whole story and he was scared she wouldn’t like him anymore; he was scared she wasn’t ready to hear what he had to say. He turned too looked at Soph again; did she know who Charlie was? Did she care? Was she hurt? What was she doing here? Finally deciding he needed to get this out of the way he turned back to Charlie.

“Hi baby, would you please grab two chairs and bring them over to the bed I want to talk to you both” Charlie frowned a little.

“Hey you, you shouldn’t be talking you need to rest” Brax shook his head a little and pointed to the chairs in the corner.

“Please Charlie, this is important I want you to understand” Charlie sighed, she knew in her heart that she wanted to know all the answers to her questions, but she also knew that Brax needed to rest, he was still weak, he had been in a coma. But she didn’t want to disappoint him or make him upset so she grabbed the chairs and quickly returned.

Once both Sophia and Charlie were seated on the chairs, Brax smiled towards them, he wanted the most important people in his life to get along, so he was going to make sure they were at least able to be civil.

“Charlie baby, I am sorry you have had to go through an experience like this. I was on my way to you I never wanted to crash, I looked down for a second, but the other car swerved in front of me I didn’t have time to react” Charlie nodded slowly and a tear rolled down her cheek.

“I’m just glad you are okay Brax, I love you so much” Brax smiled softly and reached for her hand, she gladly took his and smiled.

“Hey now, I love you so much too” He replied as Charlie wiped her tears away. “Charlie I want you to meet Sophia, baby please don’t be mad, but she is my daughter” Charlie’s eyes opened wide as she turned to look at the teenager next to her.

“You’re what?” Charlie asked so many questions were racing through her mind she didn’t understand, what did he mean daughter? He couldn’t have one, she had never heard of this Sophia girl before.

“She is my daughter Charlie, Sophia Tegan Braxton, she is 14” Charlie looked at Brax and slipped her hand out of his, she didn’t understand how he could lie to her.

“You lied to me, you have a daughter? Why didn’t you tell me Brax?” Charlie stood up from her chair and ran out of the room crying, her boyfriend the one person she thought she could trust was now lying to her.

~**~

Ruby stood with Casey shocked, she was aware that Brax was awake and she thought her mother would be overjoyed but instead she had come running from the room in tears. Ruby went to go after her but Casey held her back and kissed her head softly.

“Leave her, she needs time alone Rubes” Casey murmured into her hair.

Casey and Heath knew why Charlie had come running from the room but they opted not to talk, they knew Brax would want to tell everyone about Sophia in his own time. Though they didn’t know why Charlie had taken it so bad they never expected her to be okay, but running away didn’t sound like her.

~**~

Charlie walked along the beach she didn’t understand why Brax would lie to her? They were in love, they were meant to trust each other, but he didn’t trust her. Though was Charlie in the right place to judge as he didn’t know the full truth about Ruby, was she in the right place to be angry? Was she allowed to be angry when she too was keeping a secret?

Charlie was running, but she didn’t know where too, she knew getting away from the hospital would do her good. She needed to think without people being in her ear, she needed to be able to think clearly and that’s what brought her to the beach, slowing down into a walk Charlie found a nice big rock to sit on, one that looked out into the ocean.

Staring out into the sea Charlie let her thoughts wonder, could she trust Brax? Should she listen to what he has to say? Would he be able to make it all okay? Would they be able to work through this?

Charlie took a deep breath in and looked up towards the sky, maybe she was making this a big deal, maybe this was only a taste of the big challenges that life for the couple would bring.

Charlie sighed and a tear rolled down her cheek, she loved Brax so much. But was a lie like this just too big? What is a big lie? What is too much?

~**~

After Charlie ran out Sophia didn’t know what to do, her father was distraught and her Uncles were in and out of the room. Finally being able to get a minute alone Soph decided to go and find Charlie, she needed to talk to the young cop and set a few things straight, it might not do anything but it could change a lot.

Walking along the beach Sophia could see a figure sitting on a rock, she didn’t know where she should start looking for Charlie so she started with the most common place and she was lucky that the young cop was there, there sitting on the big rock.

Charlie could see the shadow standing over her but she chose not to turn around, if the person that shadow belonged to wanted something they would have to speak, Charlie didn’t care right now and would rather the person did what they came to do and then left.

“Charlie” She heard the voice of Sophia, quickly turning around Charlie came face to face with the teenager who could ruin everything Charlie wanted.

“Yes” Charlie asked in a small voice, still staring at the girl in front of her.

“Look Charlie my father is lying in a hospital bed after almost dying, it is really selfish of you to run off, my dad is distraught he doesn’t want to lose you, I personally don’t care to me you are another of my dad’s toys. I don’t like the fact he has a girlfriend and I am not afraid to admit it, you won’t be around long, but while you are I expect you act like a girlfriend and not a selfish little brat, now my father needs you so go back to the hospital and try to show him you care” Charlie looked at Sophia, but the teenager wasn’t about to let Charlie have a say, instead the girl turned on her heals and left.

~**~

Next Chapter:

* Will Charlie return to the hospital?

* What does Charlie think about Sophia and what she had to say?

* If Brax has the chance to see Charlie again, what will he say?

What did you guys think of Sophia? What kind of character do you think she will be?

Wow!! Sophia says what she thinks doesn't she? I think that Charlie has every right to be angry at Brax not telling her - after all he knows that Ruby is her daughter, he just doesn't know how Charlie got pregnant. The preview sounds awesome - can't wait for the next chapter!! :D

Archived