Trouble In Paradise!

Guest Melbelle94

Story Title: Trouble In Paradise!

Rated: A

Type Of Story: Long Ficfiction!

Main Characters: The Braxtons And Bucktons!

Does This Story Include Spoilers: Not Sure Yet!

Any Warnings: Drugs, Violence, Sexual Scenes. Most Not Until Futher In Story!

Genre: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Friendship And Many More! Mainly Drama!

Disclaimer: I do not own Home And Away!

Summary: Nobody wanted them together; they were out casted for being together. But when a tragic event occurs will it change everything? Or will the events after this lead the couple to realise happiness is really impossible. Are they not meant to be together?

~**~

Charlie and Brax always knew it would be hard, but now to hear the people talking to see the way they looked it hurt…their closest friends turned against them, not wanting to see the couple together, families were torn apart because they made a choice the choice to be happy.

Charlie saw the betrayal in her stepmother’s eyes, the way she looked down on Charlie for what she was doing. Charlie saw clearly the hurt she had caused Ruby, and the way her best friends thought they weren’t worth trusting.

Brax knew he had been disloyal to the Riverboys, he saw the anger and frustration in their eyes that their leader of all people had betrayed them. Brax saw the hurt and pain in Charlie’s eyes, he knew he was the one to push for this but the outcome was too much, he couldn’t handle seeing Charlie depressed to the point sometimes she wouldn’t get out of bed.

~**~

Charlie didn’t know if she had been in her bed minutes, hours or even days! She was scared, scared to leave her safety zone to see the hurt in the towns people’s eyes.

Why had she let Brax talk her into telling them, why did she let him talk her into coming out and letting their relationship be known. Charlie wanted to take it all back, she wanted to just make it all fade away and be with Brax in a place where no one judged her, and where what she wanted mattered.

Turning to face the window watching the raindrops fall, Charlie knew it was impossible. Her tears fell like raindrops on a window, making trails like the tears did on her worn out face.

Her head hadn’t stopped aching from the thoughts that were travelling through.

Would Ruby ever forgive her? Would her best friends ever talk to her again?

The only person that knew her pain was Brax, and yet he was nowhere to be found, and knowing that was killing Charlie inside.

~**~

Brax jumped into his car, it didn’t matter if Leah and Ruby didn’t want him at the house. He knew Charlie needed him and he wasn’t going to sit around and wait for her to come to him.

Tears fell down Brax’s cheeks as he drove down the road; he needed to see his girl. The one he fought for, the one he loves.

It was when Brax was thinking lovely thoughts of Charlie that he didn’t see the oncoming car. The loud smash could be heard from miles away and it was Leah who found the bloody Brax bent over his steering wheel. She could easily see the tear streaks down his cheeks, and she knew where this Riverboy had been going.

To see her once best friend and it was at that moment. The moment she saw Brax leaning over the steering wheel of his car that she knew, it was love true love.

~**~

Leah look on watching as the paramedics slowly pulled Brax from the wreck; she could see clearly that he was unconscious. Leah knew they had to take great care with patients like these, but she was starting to get nervous she saw the town’s people gathering around the scene of the accident and whispering, what would happen if this got back to Ruby or Casey. When Leah saw the paramedics put Brax on the stretcher she took in a very detailed look. Brax was pale, the blood on his body stood out, she could see that his eyes were closed and he looked as if to be not breathing and Leah new then it wasn’t good.

As they loaded Brax into the ambulance and started on their way to the hospital, her last thought was did anyone call Charlie?

~**~

Leah slammed the door as she ran into her house, looking around frantically for Charlie but yet she was know where to be found checking last Charlies room but still she was not there.

The young Sargent had been there this morning she had been in that room for what you could say was days, and now when Leah needed to find her the most she was gone. Why?

Leah rushed for her phone and quickly began dialling Charlie’s number.

“Come on, pick up” Leah said out loud, she needed to speak to Charlie now, she was sorry she didn’t realise the young couple were in love but she knew now and she wanted to get Charlie to the hospital, she wanted her best friend to forgive her, to know she was sorry.

And just as Leah put down the phone she heard the back door shut quietly and in walked Charlie.

“Oh Charlie there you are, I need to tell you something it’s really important” Leah said as she hurried over to her best friend.

“Leah please if you are going to tell me how bad Brax is again how he is no good for me and I am better off without him, I would really rather you not” Charlie stated as she turned to leave for the bathroom.

“Charlie please it’s not about that, Brax is in hospital Charlie! I saw the car crash I was there when they took him to the hospital please let me take you to see him” Leah was trying to distress to her friend that she was telling the truth. Charlie turned around quickly and already the tears were welding up in her eyes.

“What do you mean hospital?” Charlie looked at Leah. “What do you mean car crash?” Charlie now looked frightened. “Is he okay? Was he awake? Please tell me he is alright?” Leah walked closer to Charlie and wrapped her into a hug.

“I don’t know if he is okay, he looked pretty bad Charlie. He was crying, I could see the tear streaks on his face. He was coming to you, I don’t know what he was doing but he didn’t see the oncoming car Charlie” Leah felt Charlie hug her tighter and could hear her best friend crying. “Come on Charlz we need to get going, he will be at the hospital by now” Leah supported Charlie as they walked out to the car, knowing that the young woman was in no state to drive she would have to. Leah had to admit she felt worse and worse with each minute passing that she didn’t believe the Riverboy and cop were in love.

~**~

When the car finally pulled into the hospital Charlie was out and sprinting for the doors.

She needed now to see Brax and to see that he was okay, what she wasn’t expecting to see when she walked into the his room, was Brax laying lifeless on the bed not moving not even breathing, he was on life support. Charlie couldn’t understand why he was on life support yes he had been in a car crash but was it really that bad?

Charlie wanted everyone to know that this was her Brax, her strong tough Brax. What she didn’t want them to know or see was that he was now he was fighting for his life.

Leah stood watching from the doorway; she could see the tears dripping from Charlies eyes as she leaned into kiss Brax’s cheek.

Leah took a look around at all the machines, tubes and wires. She had her doubts whether the Riverboy would pull through this and live to see tomorrow.

But he was tough, and he needed to make it if not for himself for Charlie. Leah didn’t want to see her best friends’ heart break so she knew he needed to make it through.

As Leah turned to give her friend some privacy she saw Sid Walker heading towards the room and opted to stay. What would he have to say to Charlie? What would he have to say about Brax?

~**~

Next Chapter:

* What does Sid have to say to Charlie?

* How will Casey react to hear Brax is fighting for his life?

* Will Ruby see that Charlie really does love Brax? Will she be there in her mother’s time of need?

* Is Brax taking a turn for the worst? Or is he getting better?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Brax is okay.

Ruby better be there for her mother!! I can't imagine what Charlie would be going through.

I hope that everyone is okay.

Can't wait to see where you take this.

Update soon please :)

Here's the second chapter guys! Hope you like it!

Thank-you for your comments:)

~**~

It is true that throughout his years as a doctor Sid Walker has had to deliver a number of patients and their family’s bad news but he never expected to be telling Charlie the news he knew she didn’t want to hear.

Taking a look at Charlie when he entered the room was enough to break his heart, there leaning over Brax tears streaming down her cheeks was the young cop. What Sid and Leah realised as they stood together in the doorway was how deep the love between this cop and Riverboy ran. Charlie’s heart felt cries were enough to bring anyone to tears; they were enough to break hearts.

~**~

“Charlie, Dr Walker is here to tell you about Brax’s condition” Leah said moving slowly over to help support her friend, leaning into Leah Charlie began to speak.

“Sid, how is he? Tell me he is going to be okay” Dr Walker took a step toward Charlie and looked down at Brax.

“Charlie as you are aware Brax was in a head on collision. When the paramedics got to the scene of the accident Brax was already unconscious. We have managed to stabilize him, though he does have a broken wrist and internal bleeding sadly we can’t do anything for that we done all we can. As you can clearly see Brax is in a coma and not able to breathe on his own” Sid stopped to take a deep breath in and it was then that he took a good look at Charlie, it was clear the young woman was distraught and had been crying heavily her mascara ran down her cheeks in thin black lines, her petite face was blochy and her nose and eyes were red and quiet puffy. It was clear Charlie’s heart was breaking into two.

Leaning most of her weight on Leah and crying heavily Charlie looked towards Sid.

“Continue” She all but whispered.

“Charlie, we doctors as professionals aren’t saying Brax couldn’t survive. But it is also in our job description that we make you aware that he might not survive, the next 48 hours are crucial Charlie and if the unexpected does occur his family and friends should have already had the chance to say goodbye. I am sorry you have to be going through this Charlie, if you want I can ring Ruby and Brax’s brothers” Leah looked at her distraught best friend and then at Sid.

“If you don’t mind Sid I will call Ruby and let her know, she hasn’t been the most accepting towards Charlie and Brax therefore she might need me to talk to her” Sid nodded respectfully.

“Okay Leah, Charlie I will come by later and give you some more updates again I am very sorry” Charlie gave a slight nod and Sid only just saw it, he then chose to leave the two young women alone.

“Charlie I am going outside now to call Ruby, would you like to take a seat near the window or stand next to Brax again?” Charlie didn’t speak she didn’t have the energy, instead she simply pointed to a spot near Brax’s bed. To Leah it was clear what Charlie wanted and she didn’t argue, Leah just led Charlie over to where the bed was situated; Leah gave Charlies hand a quick squeeze before leaving the room.

~**~

Walking through the halls of the hospital Leah couldn’t help but think about what Charlie was going through, she knew the pain of losing someone you love and didn’t want Charlie to have to experience that. Pulling out her phone she was already dialling Ruby’s number, if it wasn’t for the policy of no phones in the hospital Leah could have already called Ruby.

Finally reaching outside Leah held the phone to her ear, when Ruby picked up Leah felt a slight soft smile cross her lips at least now she wouldn’t have to go looking for the teenager.

“Hey Leah, what’s up?” Ruby asked through the phone.

“Ruby you need to get Casey and Heath to the hospital, Brax has been in a car accident and your mother isn’t handling it well” Leah could hear the gasp on the other end of the phone.

“Oh my god, is he okay Leah?” Leah could hear the young teenager running; she must be on her way to find Casey.

“No Ruby he isn’t okay, I want you to go and get the boys, and then come straight to the hospital” Leah said sighing, she wished she could go and get them, but Charlie needed her here.

“Yeah of course Leah we will be there soon, give Charlie a hug for me” With those words Leah hung up the phone and raced back into the hospital.

~**~

Ruby ran along the beach desperately in search for Casey, he had taken off to go for a surf with Heath but Ruby didn’t know where. She needed to find them soon because Charlie was in the hospital and needed Ruby to comfort her.

Finally Ruby came to a stop when she saw Heath and Casey coming out of the water, running up to them franticly Casey started to get worried.

“Rubes, what’s going on? You looked stressed babe” Casey pulled Ruby into a hug but she pushed out.

“You guys have to get to the hospital, Brax was in a car accident and from the way Leah was talking he isn’t okay” Heath looked at the teenage girl shocked.

“Come on you two, my car is up there” Heath said rather calm.

“Ruby what do you mean car accident? How bad was it? What do you mean he isn’t okay?” Casey was freaking out and Ruby didn’t know what to say so she looked to Heath for help.

“Case man! Ruby doesn’t know anything, we need to head to the hospital get your board”

~**~

Ruby, Casey and Heath walked through the doors of the hospital to see Leah standing outside in the hallway.

“Ruby there you are!” Ruby nodded her head slightly as she walked into Brax’s room with Casey and Heath.

Ruby cringed at the sight of her mother, Charlie looked like a ghost just standing there not moving just watching over Brax, the man her mother claimed to be in love with. But Ruby didn’t believe that or did she? Did she now believe her mother was in love with a man who was the leader of the Riverboys? Did she believe Charlie would fall for someone like Brax? She had no choice now but to believe, for her mother was there standing over Brax, tears sliding down her cheeks.

“Charlie we are here” The young cop didn’t respond she just keep her head down staring at the man she loved. Casey walked over to the bed standing next to Charlie but keeping his eyes on Brax, his older brother, the one who always took care of him and believed that he could make something of himself.

Heath watch on in a distance, he wasn’t shy to let everyone know what he thought of Brax and Charlie and how they were making a mistake, but now to stand here and watch Charlie he was beginning to see that they were in love, and he couldn’t stop the way the couple felt and he was beginning to accept it. Heath was just hoping his brother would be okay and he would be able to tell Brax he isn’t angry anymore.

“What happened?” Casey thought out loud causing Heath to jump a little, Leah chose to speak but as the words were about to leave her mouth Brax’s machines started beeping and nurses began to rush in.

Everyone was ordered out of the room as they begun to work on Brax, nobody knew if he was going to be okay.

“Case I need to talk to you” Heath said waving the teenager over.

~**~

Next Chapter:

* What could Heath want to talk to Casey about?

* What is wrong with Brax?

* Will Brax wake up?

* Will Ruby comfort her mother?

Archived