Trouble In Paradise!

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, here is the next chapter hope in enjoy!

Thank-you for all the comments, I enjoy reading them, you make writing so much more enjoyable.

~**~

As she walked off the aeroplane the hot muggy air hit her body hard, this didn’t bother her though. She had been waiting for this day since she left, the day she was able to come home. But being home for this reason, the only reason that mattered right now was not why she wanted to be here.

Looking around she spotted the middle Braxton brother standing in the middle of the baggage area wearing a slight smirk as always, she swore that it ran in the Braxton blood.

Walking towards him, she noticed the way the smirk faded from his face as he looked at her worried expression. She wasn’t afraid to admit to people that she was upset with what was happening she knew Heath wouldn’t have called her back unless it was serious.

She hadn’t stopped thinking about this since she received that call from Heath, he had literally turned her word upside down and she dropped everything to come home. She had to admit to everyone that she was scared, scared that he would die, she didn’t want that. She knew that she treated him badly sometimes but she never expected this, she didn’t want him to die, he was all she had, he loved her as she loved him.

~**~

They climbed into Heath’s car not speaking, the ride to Summerbay was spent in silence not awkward but comfortable. It wasn’t that they didn’t have a lot to talk about, but their minds were somewhere else.

Heath admitted to himself as they drove along the road that they were both alike, they were both troublemakers, sometimes a bad thing, though she understood him and he understood her, and having her there wasn’t just for Brax but for him as well.

Pulling up outside the hospital Heath watched as she stared out the window, not moving just staring. He didn’t know what to say, so he watched her and waited.

“Will he want me here?” She whispered, Heath almost didn’t hear her, but he knew the question was coming.

“Of course he will” Heath replied, he was never one for comfort. He never knew what to say in situations like these, emotional situations.

“Come on” Heath encouraged getting out of the car, she hesitated but realised this was for the best.

~**~

Walking through the halls of the hospital was a daunting task, she had hated hospitals since she could remember, hospitals always brought needles and crazy people. She hated that the walls were white and that doctors and nurses rushed around them.

Heath looked at her for a second and she realised they were close that she was about to see him, turning the corner she saw the youngest Braxton brother leaning against the wall his arms wrapped around a girl.

“Hi” She said walking up to him, she noticed the way his arms slipped from around the girl he was standing with and he walked slowly towards her, as if questioning if she was really standing there in the hallway.

“Hey, what are you doing here? I told Heath not to call you, not to worry you” She leaned over and hugged him.

“Well I am happy he called I want to be here, he could be dying and you didn’t want to call me? I need to be here, to tell him I’m sorry” Casey pulled her in for a tighter hug and kissed her cheek lightly.

“I’m sorry, but I didn’t want you to worry there. He will be okay! What do you need to say you are sorry for? He will already know you are” She shook her head and cried silently into Casey’s shoulder aware everyone was staring at her not knowing who she was.

“You don’t know that he will be okay, and he won’t know that I’m sorry I have to make it clear to him” Heath cleared his throat and they both looked at him.

“Go on in and see him, Charlie is in there right Casey?” The teenage boy nodded as he walked back over to Ruby. “Charlie is his girlfriend, please be nice to her. She means a lot to him” She nodded slightly and walked into the hospital room in front of her.

~**~

Walking into the hospital room she didn’t know what to expect, but she never expected to see him with tubes, wires and machines, there he was lying in a coma she noticed quickly how he wasn’t breathing on his own and she began to shutter.

Over in the corner she saw Charlie sleeping quietly in a chair, she could see the young woman was worn out and that she had been crying, she was still crying silently in her sleep.

She looked down at the oldest Braxton brother; she didn’t know if she should start speaking to him, would he be able to hear her? Would he want her to talk to him? Would he want to hear what she has to say? Finally deciding to speak to him, to let him hear what she has to say, she make him understand that she was sorry for everything, sorry for what she had done.

“Hey” She whispered, she didn’t want to be too loud in case she woke the sleeping Charlie, the woman who looked like she hadn’t slept in days.

“You might not want to hear what I have to say, you probably hate me right now. But the truth is I am really sorry, I never meant to hurt you, I didn’t want you to send me away, I know you did the best you could and that you didn’t think it was good enough, I didn’t think it was good enough sometimes, but it was. Now that your here in this bed and you might not wake up, I am scared I need you to wake up, I need you to be okay. Who is going to tell me all about surfing? Who is going to explain to me why I don’t know about Charlie?” She took in a deep breath and leaned down to kiss his cheek, whispering softly ‘I love you

~**~

Charlie sat in the corner of the room she started to stir when she heard talking, not knowing the voice she opened her eyes to see a girl or lady leaning over Brax.

She was very beautiful and made Charlie feel uncomfortable, the girl leaning over Brax was tall almost as tall as Casey. Her hair was mid-length and fell to the mid of her back, Charlie noticed how it was a light brown colour the same as Ruby’s and it was wavy as well as very glossy. The girl leaning over her boyfriend looked like a model.

Charlie waited until she had finished talking and she then began to walk over to her, when she saw the girl lean down an kiss Brax’s cheek and then as if it was a reaction Brax’s eyes fluttered open and he looked stunned at the girl leaning over him.

Charlie looked back and forwards between the girl and Brax, they both looked stunned and were staring at each other.

~**~

It had been 20 minutes since Brax woke up and the doctors had finally removed the tube. Charlie and the girl stood in the corner of the room waiting for the doctors to leave, they wanted them out.

Charlie was dying to know who the girl was, and why Brax had woken when she kissed his cheek even when Charlie had been doing it since she arrived.

When the doctors finally left the room, the two women walked over the bed and Braxton looked at them.

“Sophia” Was the only word that escaped his lips as he looked at both the women in shock at what he was seeing.

~**~

Next Chapter:

* Who is Sophia?

* Why is she so important to Brax?

* Why is Charlie angry?

Who do you think this Sophia girl is?

Archived