Trouble In Paradise!

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great update.

As much as I don't like Brax sometimes, I hope he wakes up. I feel that without him, Charlie won't be able to move on.

I hope Ruby can comfort her mother.

Please update soon. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Ooooh, a great second chapter.

I did read the first one last night but didn't comment. Sorry.

But I hope Brax is going to be okay. You have to make him okay.

Love the sound of the preview for the next update.

I am really enjoying this so far ... very well written.

Well done.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

Here’s another chapter guys, hope you enjoy! It is taking me a little while to get the chapters up for this story, because I want to make sure they are good enough.

If you want to have a look at my other story, it is called Secrets Every Family Has Them!

Thank-you for all your comments, I really enjoy reading them. They make me feel good about what I am doing.

~**~

Heath stood over by the wall waiting for Casey to join him. Heath was never one to stress, but seeing his brother lying in that hospital bed on life support and knowing what he knew, he was defiantly beginning to.

He knew he should be able to handle big decisions on his own, but he needed Casey to help him make the right decision, to help him understand it is for the best.

Heath knew he had the dangerous bad boy image and that he tormented this younger brother Casey, but the truth was he respected Brax and there was nothing he wouldn’t do for his family, he loved them all, but he would never say it out loud.

~**~

“Hey Heath, what did you want to talk about?” Casey asked coming to stand in front of his brother.

“Case I know you aren’t going to want to hear this, but do you think should we call Sophia and mum? Do you think we should give them the chance to say their good-byes?” Casey looked at his older brother and seemed to be pondering the thought, but after a minute he began to shake his head.

“We wait, once we see what the doctors have to say we will decide. We don’t want to have to speak to mum unless it is absolutely necessary and we shouldn’t worry Soph unless we have to, plus Charlie is here and Brax wouldn’t particularly like it if we introduced her to Charlie” Heath nodded slowly.

“Alright, but if things do take a turn for the worst, we are calling mum and Sophia” Casey again shook his head this time with more aggressiveness.

“Brax will be okay, so there will be no need to call them” Heath put a hand on Casey’s shoulder.

“Mate, I know that you want Brax to be okay, so do I. But you need to brace yourself for the worst” Heath pulled Casey into a manly hug.

Casey was at breaking point, being only 16 and nearly losing your hero was hard. Brax has done so much for him, and Casey wasn’t ready to let him go, not now not ever. Brax was his oldest brother and the one who always cared about what Casey wanted, if Brax was gone…what would he do?

~**~

Ruby stood against the wall watching her mother undecided on how she could comfort her, Ruby knew she had to do something, but what if Charlie didn’t want Ruby to be there with her, after all Ruby hadn’t been all that forth coming to Charlie and Brax’s relationship.

Glancing over she saw Heath and Casey in a hug and decided if Heath at a time like this good be comforting then so could she.

Sitting down in the seat next to her mother, Ruby looked down.

“Charlie I know I haven’t been very supportive, but I promise to be better now. I know you love Brax with all your heart. I was just angry when I first found out, I guess I felt betrayed, but listen none of that matters now I am here for you and anything you need” Ruby said smiling sadly towards Charlie. Charlie didn’t smile back she just stared emotionless at Ruby and reached out for a hug, Ruby leaned into the hug knowing this was her mother’s way of letting her know she was forgiven and getting comforted at the same time.

~**~

Charlie wanted to tell Ruby she was forgiven, she wanted to tell Ruby that she loved her and that she was sorry that she felt betrayed. But Charlie couldn’t bring the words to leave her mouth, she felt frozen she felt emotionless.

Being rushed out of the hospital room and not being able to see what was happening made Charlie feel sick, she was worried, worried that she wouldn’t get to see Brax ever again. Charlie needed him to be okay, he was the only one that knew how she felt, the only one that loved her for being herself.

Charlie was scared that if he didn’t make it through this then she would never find another man that loves her the way Brax does. The young cop risked her job to be with Brax and she wasn’t about to let him get away yet, she wanted to marry him and she wanted to be the one to give him children and spend the rest of their lives together. Brax was young, at only 30! He couldn’t die yet, not on Charlie the woman who loved him.

~**~

Sid emerged from the hospital room 20 minutes later, looking around he saw the miserable and helpless faces of the family and friends waiting here to hear the news on their beloved Brax. Sid Walker cleared his throat and began to walk towards the people.

“Sid” Casey exclaimed hurrying over to where the doctor stood. “Is he alright?” Dr. Walker nodded his head ever so slightly.

“I want you all to know while Darryl is alive; he is still in a coma and not breathing properly on his own. What you witnessed in that hospital room was a cardiac arrest, lucky Brax was already in the hospital, and the qualified people could tend to him. There was no damage was caused, but it did take a us a little longer than expected to stabilize him again, but all is well now. After giving him quick check over, my team and I have decided that Mr Braxton could still make a full recovery, he will need to be monitored closely for the next 48 hours though” Sid stopped and looked down at Charlie, he felt strongly for the young woman.

“Is there anything else Sid or can we see him?” Casey was eager to see his big brother, his hero.

“That’s all you need to know for now, but if he does wakeup call me straight away. Oh and please 2 people at a time” Sid finished his sentence sending a soft smile to Charlie before walking away.

~**~

Heath looked towards Casey and gave a soft smile, he was glad to hear his brother could make a full recovery, but was still wondering if he should call his mother, Sophia or perhaps the Riverboys.

He looked down, only 2 people were allowed into visit Brax at a time, looking over at Charlie he knew in his heart however cold it might be that she needed to see him; she was distraught and needed the reassurance.

“Casey take Charlie in to see Brax, I know you will want to see him and I have a few phone calls to make” Casey looked towards Heath a little bit uncertain, but when Heath looked back Casey new he wasn’t asking he was ordering.

“Alright Heath” The young teenager walked over to where Ruby and Charlie were sitting and sent both the women a soft smile. “Come on Charlie, you can come with me to see Brax” Casey offered his hand to his girlfriend’s mother which she took.

Charlie might not have been accepting towards Casey, when he first started dating Ruby. But the young man had come to prove himself and Charlie couldn’t be happier that her daughter had found someone as nice as Casey.

~**~

After Casey and Charlie walked into the hospital room, Heath left for outside. Heath knew Brax would probably want him dead after this, but it was better than having regrets. He needed to make sure he did what he thought was right.

Sitting down on the bench and pulling out his phone, Heath once again thought over his decision. Should he or should he not call? Finally deciding this she needed to know, Heath began to dial the number counting the ring until she picked up.

“Hey…” She started, but Heath cut her off he didn’t want to listen to what she had to say right now, he didn’t have time to hear the latest news.

“Get yourself to Sydney; I will pick you up at the airport. Brax is in hospital in Summerbay, looks like it’s time for you to come back” Heath heard moving around and she began to speak again.

“I’ll be on the next plan back, is he okay? Please tell me he is” Heath didn’t know how to respond.

“He should be, you can see for yourself tomorrow. Text me the time to pick you up. See you later”

With those words Heath hung up and headed back into the hospital.

~**~

Next Chapter:

* Who is coming to the bay?

* Is Brax waking up?

* Who is he waking up too?

Archived