Bobby Morley Cast as Gay Character

Guest -Kevin-

Neighbours could be in line for its first ever gay couple after casting a love interest for gay character Chris Pappas (James Mason).

Bob Morley has been cast as male nurse Aidan Foster in the soap, a love interest for Pappas.

The former Home and Away actor said that it made no difference whether or not his character was gay when he signed on to Neighbours.

He told the Herald Sun: "I don't see it as a big deal that the character is gay.

"It certainly doesn't define him and what the writers have planned is really interesting and authentic."

Morley's contract is currently for six months, but it may be extended in the future.

Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower said that it was only a matter of time before Mason's character had a love interest.

She explained: "To be true to the Chris character, now he is a regular in storylines, we knew at some stage he needed to meet someone.

"How it unfolds, all will be revealed. However, I think viewers will find the story compelling."

Source : Digital Spy

I loved Bobby as Drew on H&A, so I think I might just tune into Neighbours for this :D

Ooh! Lucky old Chris! I loved Drew! :wub: I think I might start watching Neighbours again after all these years :lol:

Good old Bobby, he could play a landmark character after all his moaning about Home and Away. So, where Neighbours leads, HAA must surely not be far behind....

I HATED drew but liked Bobby in scorched so it be good to see him as another character but a gay male nurse??? Why don't we just dress him in pink and let him carry a chihuahua in his handbag.

• 11 months later...

Source Digital Spy

Neighbours star Bob Morley has returned to the soap as Aidan Foster.

The actor has been away on a ten-week break, but has returned to Ramsay Street with a new hairstyle.

Morley's usual shoulder length hair has been swapped for a shorter cut, due to the actor's role in the film Blinder, according to Channel 5.

The actor's return sees gay nurse Aidan re-encounter love interest Chris Pappas (James Mason).

However, the pair have recently broken up, which Morley feels gives a good reason for his dramatic new haircut.

"I think it works that the character comes back looking a little different after a break-up, it's what you do," said Morley.

On the couple's break-up, he added: "That's Ramsay Street for you, one minute it's on, then it's off. However, I don't think the producers have me back for my nursing skills.

"Lots more to come with those two."

The break-up scenes between the pair are due to air in the UK this week.

Mason and Morley became the actors to film the first ever gay kiss on Neighbours earlier this year.

Archived