Christopher Fletcher

Guest CharmedKylie

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we are talking Home and Away but whilst we are judging Aussie soaps Neigbours had a gay character come out last year, proved to be popular and is now a permanent character in the show so it just depends how they handle it really. The Charlie/Joey thing was rubbish Imo

It will be interesting to see how they handled him as a permanent character actually, so far the coming out storyline wasn't really any more sophisticated than Christopher or Dean and since then he's just hung around doing generic teen stuff with only the odd line to remind people he's gay.It's like no-one can be bothered to complain because he never actually dates any boys, so it's a toss-up as to whether they'll actually develop his sexuality or whether he might as well be a straight character that just doesn't have a girlfriend.(Having said that, Neighbours did do a teenage girl coming out as gay quite a few years back now and handled it fairly well, even if she did get shipped out after a few months.)

I dont know if you're watching at Aus pace but recently Tash was trying to pair Chris up with a guy he met at the gym, then it became her mission to get him together with a guy before his 'youth runs out'. He told her he didn't want anyone else to find him a boyfriend. I wasn't watching the episode properly because I was interrupted by the phone but I thought it seemed quite natural and not 'forced'.

Archived