Christopher Fletcher

Guest CharmedKylie

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris was last seen as a teenager in 2003 when he came back with Pippa for Sally and Flynn's wedding.

He then facilitated a token teenager-confused-about-his-sexuality storyline which lasted all of five minutes and IMO, wasn't handled particularly well.

Chris was last seen as a teenager in 2003 when he came back with Pippa for Sally and Flynn's wedding.

He then facilitated a token teenager-confused-about-his-sexuality storyline which lasted all of five minutes and IMO, wasn't handled particularly well.

Yes, that storylline was totally pointless and could have been a breakthrough moment for Home and Away but wasn't :( If H&A can't have a regular gay character, a visiting one, so to speak, would be ideal. Chris could have been in the background, coming to visit Pippa sometimes and putting forward the gay point of view, but they wasted the opportunity. If I'm remembering correctly, it was Chris who was confused, wasn't it? But anyway, any gay relation of a regular character would be a good storyline.

it's funny i was going to start this exact same thread, as i've started watching the early years too and wondered what happened to Chris.

Yes, that storylline was totally pointless and could have been a breakthrough moment for Home and Away but wasn't :( If H&A can't have a regular gay character, a visiting one, so to speak, would be ideal. Chris could have been in the background, coming to visit Pippa sometimes and putting forward the gay point of view, but they wasted the opportunity. If I'm remembering correctly, it was Chris who was confused, wasn't it? But anyway, any gay relation of a regular character would be a good storyline.

i think it would be really good to have Chris come back full-time. a link to the original family of the bay, a reason for Sally to visit and a regular character who just happens to be gay. i was disappointed that Charlie hasn't had a relationship with another woman since Joey left, i mean is it really such a big deal in 2011?

I actually thought the "Chris' sexuality" storyline was handled fairly well, even if they apparently didn't take it as far as some of the writers wanted to.I mean, okay, you have the usual problem that he left the show as soon as he'd more or less come to terms with being gay but aside from that.I thought Chris was a superb character to use for the storyline, since he was someone we'd literally known from birth so instead of some random it was almost the same as having your child announce he was gay and being a bit thrown by it, much as Pippa and Sally were supportive but also somewhat bemused and uncertain how to respond.

Archived