If you were asked to revamp the show!

Guest Nate

I know this comes up a lot but its interesting to see what people say.

If you were to revamp the show, would you change anything? Would you bring back any characters? Who would you write out or introduce? What would you do different to what is being done today, to make the show better?

I feel far less connected with the show than I did even 5 years ago.

I would start by re-introducing Steven and Selina, moving them into Summer Bay House. I'd give them a 5-6 year old kid, and have a proper fostering storyline where they take in a couple of other kids. This would be the show's center point.

I would move Marilyn in with Irene, and move the Braxton boys in with them.

I would have Roo buy a new house, and move Alf in with her. Morag could come and go.

I love each Gina and Xavier Austin but their potential isnt used enough. I'd have a bit more focus on them, and introduce more of their family, maybe Gina taking in a teenage nephew or niece or something.

I would get rid of Miles, he served his purpose and now isn't great to watch imo. I would also write out the Walkers, Charlie, Angelo and Elijah - all loose characters with no great ties.

In general, I would have almost everyone as part of a household.

Storyline-wise, I would connect each household a bit more by having family feuds, and relationships between each house that are argued over dinner.

I know this comes up a lot but its interesting to see what people say.

If you were to revamp the show, would you change anything? Would you bring back any characters? Who would you write out or introduce? What would you do different to what is being done today, to make the show better?

If you ask me, the current Home and Away show doesn't need revamping. It hasn't been this good for years.

Sid and Marilyn are a great couple. I like Dex's sense of humour and Indi is way too hot to get rid of. Ditto Charlie.

Angelo is already on the way out and I suspect Elijah will be on his way back to Africa before too long.

Miles has been a much better character since he got a haircut.

I agree that the storylines are getting better and better. I like that Ruby/Romeo/Indi are major characters so hopefully their storyline won't end with one or all mysteriously leaving the series and being forgotten.

I like the idea of people being put into households/ families more rather than lots of individuals. At present I like the Miles, Alf, Morag, Romeo, Nicole family, even though it isn't really a family.

Putting the Braxtons in with Marilyn and Irene is an interesting idea! Can't see that working though :wink:

I did love Steven and Selina though, and also Xavier and Gina, so those ideas are good.

Interesting....

H&A needs new writers.I can't even watch the current series.Too many unlikeable characters and uninteresting storylines.I have rarely watched the show in the last 10 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.I will always love the earlier years of the show though.I wish the show could be that good again,but I don't see that happening.H&A needs better writers,producers and younger actors who can actually act.I wish they would stop hiring people based entirely on how they look.There's nothing wrong with having attractive looking people on the show,but preferably ones with talent.

I would erase the past 7 or so years and return the focus of the show to family relationships and friendships, minimising the same-same teen relationships and almost completely eliminating the sensationalism.

i like almost everything about the show at the moment, nothing stands out as needing a drastic change.

although i do hope Elijiah doesn't stick around, i liked him last year but this year and his storyline with Grace have been dull.

i think the storylines are more interesting this year without being overly dramatic (in most cases), the community feeling is there i think.

it does need work but the rebuilding year is over.

• 8 months later...

Firstley I would bring back the Opening Titles, but have shots of the characters without any CGI or effects in them....just natural, sunny, shots ....with surfers and Ice creams and things like The diner, surf club and the famouse welcome to summer bay sign back !!

I'd bring back Chris Fletcher for a while, make him more sure of himself, who he is, and more confident about his sexuality. He would return to try and sell off the caravan park, and stir bad feeling up with Alf & Colleen in doing so, It would also include Leah as she would try and be the one who goes between Chris and the objectors,

I'd find out who Heath is under all that muscle and bravado! Maybe give him an eating disorder that will knock him, and his brothers for six...There needs to be something to move them on from just been the bad boi's of the bay.....

I'd throw something BIG at The Walkers too, there a great family unit but I'd make them regret moving to the bay or explore there past more....what did they do before they returned to the bay?? I'd also like to see more of Romeo, I'd like him to start work at the school or the surf club, teaching kids sport or something....maybe setting off a teacher/pupil crossing the line storyline?

I'd get Marilyn involved more in Irene's cancer plot....Marilyn has a great history in the bay which I would explore,.,,,, maybe even get a Bobby mention in the mix.

I'd like to introduce a shop or store as it's been ages since Alf had a shop....I don't intend it to simply be a shop for Alf....I see maybe The Walkers running a store or Romeo and Dex having a surf shop.....just somewhere the people could interact more, that isnt the surf club or diner,,,,,

I'd get some of the history into the show, when did we last see stewarts Point? I love that the Blaxland is still around, as that always makes me think of where Morag lived...but I'd run a big storyline where the history of the bay, and the show was a focus, rather than the characters themselves....

I would also like to see some of Leah's family return for a visit, maybe her brother Chris?? or a cousin or Uncle & Aunt.... I'd also use VJ more as he is the future of the show now,,,, and it;s about time his storylines were more fleshy and deep...

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see the opening titles & the theme song return.

I'd like to get more families back or be introduced - loved the Sutherland's, Smith's and Hunter's.

I agree that there just needs to be another shop or something other then the diner, club & restaurant.... Where did the bait shop go anyways? Alf mentioned it once I think recently. There needs to be like a clothing store or something like that.

Get rid of the crime, lies, stealing, drugs etc that have been here for at least the last year or so.... get rid of river boys, they drive me crazy. Casey can stay, I guess Brax can stay if just not to watch out for Casey, but Heath can go. Harvey can leave as well.

Bring back Miles & Sally (yes I know not going to happen) even if its just for a few weeks, it would just be nice to see them together.

Archived