Best woman for Tony

Guest charmed60

Best woman for Tony  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definately Beth. They were more at the same level. And they were supposed to be at the same age. Clarissa House was older in real life, that Beth was meant to be... and Tony is older in the show than Jon S... (because he was a father of a 25 year old)... Beths children and Tonys children were at the same age, so she certainly did not age him. They had similiar life experience, both had been married before, and both were widowed. They had a lot of life experience which rachel hadn't and she was to naive about life... The age difference between rAchel and Tony was about 15-16 years.

The only thing that I didn't like about Beth/Tony was that they fell in love a bit too quick.. But Tony wasn't brought into the show just for giving beth a love interest, like Elijah was for Leah... Tony was a part of a family that came to the bay. He was Jack and Lucas father, and had a lot of other roles than being a love interest... And I think that was more clear/appearant when he was with Beth, issues with Lucas, Jack and also with his extended family Mathilda for example. He was not only an instrument for Beths happiness like he was for rachel.

But then again I liked Beth better with Rhys, because I think that those two actors were more suited to each other, but then I really liked Rhys much better than I liked tony (this hotDad thing got on my nerves) and Beth was one of my favourites..

But Beth/Tony was a good choice too, and I think that the chemistry was good. I think that they should have focused more on that. And we saw how devestated Tony was, when Beth died.

Jazz and Naomi were just flings or rebound and nothing serious...

I think that the term "hot Dad" was more used after beth died, and rAchel came along in Tonys life.. And I didn't liked that one. Because he was a father of two sons (the one was already an adult, and the other was a teen)... But then i really liked that they focused on tony as a couch and his job at the gym (you can work at a gym without being "hot").. And when tony got into Rachel claws he totally faded into being just her partner and nothing else...

Thanks for your long explanation jodlebirger :)

And when tony got into Rachel claws he totally faded into being just her partner and nothing else...

It's interesting that you say that because I find that more applicable to his relationship with Beth than Rachel. We never saw Tony as this individual character when he was with Beth; he was mainly just her comforter when things went wrong and a sounding board for Lucas and Jack. I think Beth's death was the best thing for Tony's character; we saw more of his life ambitions when he was with Rachel; he wanted to go back to teaching again and make a difference in people's lives, he wanted to be a father again, he took on Annie and Geoff as surrogate children in a way, he wanted to teach girls boxing and we saw him be inspired by that. I don't feel we got any look into his character when he was with Beth and he was literally just that...Beth's partner.

I think the HotDad thing came about more when he was with Rachel because he suddenly dressed better I think and people actually were able to take notice of his good looks :P because he was being used on screen unlike when he was with Beth and we saw his more romantic, loving side and that made him very sexy. He's totally a HotDad :P I believe the age difference was 12-13 years between Rachel and Tony but it was never an issue - their maturity levels were the same and they were both striving for the same thing in life. I think Rachel gave Tony more passion and more life. He just seemed so much happier. Also Tony wasn't older than Jon in the show - the ages never added up but Tony celebrated his 40th while on the show so was around the same age :) And Rachel surely had enough life experience :P She had a hell of a lot happen to her!

Definately Beth. They were more at the same level. And they were supposed to be at the same age. Clarissa House was older in real life, that Beth was meant to be... and Tony is older in the show than Jon S... (because he was a father of a 25 year old)... Beths children and Tonys children were at the same age, so she certainly did not age him. They had similiar life experience, both had been married before, and both were widowed. They had a lot of life experience which rachel hadn't and she was to naive about life... The age difference between rAchel and Tony was about 15-16 years.

And when tony got into Rachel claws he totally faded into being just her partner and nothing else...

Actually Beth was supposed to be quite a bit older than Tony. Jon and Tony were around the same age. You can check out his bio to see that's true. I think she aged him and i stand by that. He didn't do anything with her at all. He hardly got any attention. He acted like an old man around her. With Rachel he finally seemed to be the person he wanted to. He lived in Beth's shadow.

Tony was pretty much a background character until he got with Rachel; he only had a handful of storylines with Beth.

And Tony got his claws into Rachel, he was the one who chased her remember? And the age difference was 12-14 years. :wink:

Thanks for your long explanation jodlebirger :)

It's interesting that you say that because I find that more applicable to his relationship with Beth than Rachel. We never saw Tony as this individual character when he was with Beth; he was mainly just her comforter when things went wrong and a sounding board for Lucas and Jack. I think Beth's death was the best thing for Tony's character; we saw more of his life ambitions when he was with Rachel; he wanted to go back to teaching again and make a difference in people's lives, he wanted to be a father again, he took on Annie and Geoff as surrogate children in a way, he wanted to teach girls boxing and we saw him be inspired by that. I don't feel we got any look into his character when he was with Beth and he was literally just that...Beth's partner.

I think the HotDad thing came about more when he was with Rachel because he suddenly dressed better I think and people actually were able to take notice of his good looks :P because he was being used on screen unlike when he was with Beth and we saw his more romantic, loving side and that made him very sexy. He's totally a HotDad :P

yes, but I hated that about his character.... He actually stopped to "be hot for me" at that time, because I think they tried too hard to prove that he was hot.... And for me it felt kind of "desperate"... That's the reason why Tony just (for me) became a desperate middleaged man... who went for younger women... and thought he was sexy.... And there was no need to prove that Tony was "hot" (a term I wouldn't have used on a man in his forties, it's so teeage like word), because John S is really a good looking man!!

I felt more that Tony was pushed back to teaching... just because his business didn't do well because of Palmers interfering. And having a gym, coaching young men in football aren't bad jobs!! I really dislike that everybody in Summerbay has to work either at the Diner or at the school (or as a doctor..). And the girls boxing... Having rAchel moaning about that for months... ugh.. I felt that she never really supported him.

And for Annie and Geoff - that thing was never used at its potential unfortunately...He was just used as a guidance for the younger ones between Beth and rachel, but he showed more potential with Beth. Because at some point (when he got married/engaged with rachel) he totally forgot about them. He was good with teens in trouble and I actually think he could have been used more in Adens case too, we saw them in good scenes after the bucks night (or what you are calling it..) and in 2010 when they were talking at the warf. If Clarissa House/Beth had stayed I think they could have been the new fostering family.

But then, I think we only have to agree to disagree, as always :lol: . But I wanted to write what I thought about them, because you wanted to hear peoples thoughts, even if they were voting for Beth. And I saw that nobody else had commented at that choice, even if she has got more votes than rAchel (per now)

I felt more that Tony was pushed back to teaching... just because his business didn't do well because of Palmers interfering.

But the business was going down way before John Palmer got involved; it's why Rachel had to take on more shifts at work to help support their family because there was not much money left. Anyway that's totally off the point of the poll :lol:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived