Ruby

Guest -Kevin-

Ruby  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vile :angry:

Yes, she really is. Twice as self-centred as Dani Sutherland was on her worst day, without catching a fraction of the grief for it. The way she acted during the Charlie / Grant storyline was repellant, and even when she's doing things for a good cause (the donations for the refugees), she's just so self righteous that you can't help but hate her anyway. And the way she treats Xavier...my god. When she has him, all she does is pine for someone "better" and then when she doesn't have them, she runs back to Xavier, because she needs a lapdog to tell her how wonderful she is. The scene that really summed her up for me was after the riots. Ruby was doing this self-centred "it's all my fault, it's all my fault" routine, obviously just waiting for Geoff to say "no it isn't". Then when Geoff doesn't do this, she storms off in a huff, marches over to Xavier and gets him to tell her it's not her fault. Just loathsome.

I like Ruby, Xavier is uselss not wonder she treats him horribly and he lets himself be treated that way. How pathetic.

So she treats him horribly.... and thats his fault.... :rolleyes:

Hence Rubys horrible, and you like her...

It’s very difficult to discuss this without it digressing into what I think is wrong with H&A’s approach to teens on the show, and who’s best able to play them (hint - they’re teens - anything else seems fake, a word I‘m applying to a lot of what‘s been going on, on and off screen, in the last year or so.) Anyway....

Ruby is very self-centered, even for a teen. I don’t blame Rebecca Breeds for the way she’s written and comes across and, at times, out of the screen at us (I definitely don‘t want to be around if Ruby is still on the show when the first 3D H&A hits us.) She tries to overpower other characters in scenes, tries too hard to be an energetic teen. It’s wearisome to watch. I was thinking that she reminds me of some one, or something, and then it struck me - she’s Tigger from Winnie the Pooh ! As Tigger says about himself "Bouncing is what Tiggers do best." No tittering please. We’re back to the 3D thing again, are we ?

Within a few months time we’re going to have Ruby, Nicole, Indigo and the new teen girl, who sounds as if she’s come straight from the new H&A ‘teen’ production line (19 playing 16, worldly wise, opinionated etc. yawn! ) So that’s 4 self-centered teen girls to contend with. Yeah, that seems like a good balance to me. Great, diverse role models too.

It’s at times like these that I think to myself - what would Alf do ?

Well, he’s taking a 6 month break from this nonsense…… heading for the hills seems a good idea to me too.

Now she is starting to drag Liam down with her !

Oh please Liam get as far away as you can from her, you are one of the few I don't actually mind on the show at the moment but this whole Ruby/teen crush/music thing is starting to bug me and sadly this time you have become entangled in one of Wretched Ruby's storylines.

GET AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE!!

I like Ruby, but only when she's not using people and being self-centered.. which is probably not very often :unsure:

But, there are things I do like about her. I think she's a supportive friend and is always there for Nicole when she obviously needed a someone to talk to, and I like her charisma :rolleyes:

I think Rebecca Breeds is really talented and doesnt deserve a... well.. such annoying character.

Although, i did really like Ruby when she first entered the show, but obviously.. H&A totally destroyed yet another character.

I think Rebecca Breeds is really talented and doesnt deserve a... well.. such annoying character.

I agree. Bec Breeds is good, but they've totally wrecked her character with all the Charlie/Grant rubbish and other story-lines since. I can't see her staying beyond her contract, when it's up.

Archived