Iceland Volcano Disaster

Guest Irish Fan

Iceland's airport closed later than other countries' because the wind was blowing the ash to the east, the airport is to the west from the volcano so it wasn't affected. It was closed down eventually today for safety reasons though. It's terrible that one volcano can rule over and captivate all of nortern Europe.

And yeah, in the light of the current events, my location here on the left seems very appropriate.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The news gets more apocalyptic by the day. First Poland's elite gets wiped out...and then this!

First they gave us Kerry Katona, then wrecked West Ham, then they stole all our money, now their covering us in poisonous volcanic ash. I definitely think we need to teach them a lesson.

Don't forget the 'Cod Wars' too :lol:

then they stole all our money

Using anti-terror laws to freeze their banks assets pissed 'em off very much, so they said 'screw ya money!'.

I have to question the wisdom of putting Poland's elite on the one plane, but that's another story.

Certainly it has been a very natural disaster year, though 2009 had the upper hand in celebrity deaths. Hey, maybe we should write a charity song like they did for Haiti.

On the bright side, it looks like because of this I don't have to listen to Eddie Jordan's incoherent mumblings this weekend.

Yeah all the airports here in Scotland are closed as well.

Iceland have probably closed their airports but are not making a big deal out of it! The UK media i.e. the main newspapers are not reporting on this but radio stations are. There are closing airports to stop it from going any furthur into Europe and they are closing to A, stop the spread of the dust and B, because it is dangerous to engines and would endanger thousands of lives.

Laura x

Archived