5000 Episodes on BTTB

Guest Dan F

We're proud to announce the completion of a project that we have been working on for a couple of years, an internet first, which finally came to fruition last night on BTTB's 6th anniversary.

BTTB now has a complete episode guide for Home and Away, with short summaries having been uploaded for every single episode ever aired - from the Pilot back in 1988 to the present day. All summaries are sorted by their original airdates, and the majority of them have Guest Cast information also added. With the inclusion of the first week of 2010 (and the Pilot episode), that is a whopping 5001 summaries that are now available to you as of today, which will obviously be increasing each week with the airing of new episodes.

At the risk of sounding like an awards speech, we obviously have a few thanks to make!

First of all a huge thanks to Martin Cash who back in 2005 donated all of the short summaries for 1988-2005, complete with cast info and airdates which he had meticulously collated over the years. Without his help it would have proved impossible to bring you such a complete guide.

Secondly to Ryan, who took it upon himself to upload literally thousands of these summaries onto the site over the past few years - something which involves a lot of tedious manual work, doing each summary one by one!

Also a big thanks to Nick (Foxy) who alongside myself has taken care of a lot of the more recent years - uploading the summaries, writing extended summaries, adding guest cast information, Director/Writer credits etc. Finally, but by no means least, thanks to Karen who has helped out over the last few days with the final batch of uploading.

Although our short summaries are now complete, we still have many more updates for the Episodes section in the future. First of all we will be continuing to expand on our extended illustrated summaries from various years (and catching up on the 2009 ones which we fell behind with), and of course we will be carrying on with new summaries into the new season of the show. We have also started going back and adding Director and Writer credits to various entries, so you know exactly who was responsible for the creation of your favourite episodes. In addition to this, in our reference section, we have started collating Episode Cliffhanger information, which provides an easy way to find out how episodes in a particular season ended. Whilst we currently only have some 1988 episodes on there, we are already working on adding to it.

We hope that you find this a valuable resource, and that you enjoy taking a look back at the past 22 years! :)

This really is a great way to celebrate BTTB's 6th birthday! A tremendous amount of work has gone into this by Ryan, Dan and Nick and it has taken a lot of time, effort and patience for this project to have been completed. I really don't deserve a mention as I only did a teeny tiny fraction of what you lot did! :P

There is no doubt in my mind that BTTB is the best Home and Away resource on the internet and I know that so much thought and effort goes into the site and making it's features new and interesting. I can't even begin to think about how may hours have gone into compiling, writing and publishing everything! It really does mean a lot when people give feedback on our efforts. It makes it all worthwhile as it's not like we get paid in cash :P (Well I don't think we do anyway - unless there's something I haven't been told!) :P

I have been here a good few years and, even though I am a member of staff, I always seem to stumble across new stuff that I haven't seen before... you never know what gems could be tucked away in a dark corner of BTTB :wink:

First of all, happy 6th anniversary Back to the Bay. I have certainly enjoyed my time on the forum, and hope there is many more awesome years ahead. :)

Secondly, that is a huge achievement. 5000 episodes - I can't even comprehend that much!

Thank you so much Dan, Ryan, Nick and Karen for all the summarising, watching and uploading. You rock! :D

Thank you Dan, Ryan, Foxy and Karen for all the work you've put into this. And thank you to Martin as well for giving all those summaries. :D This is definitely the most complete H&A website. What a great way to start 2010 and celebrate BttB's 6th birthday! :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived