Do you want kids?

Guest Dotti

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you dont mind me, as an older member answering this :cool:

I am in my late 30s (ancient, I know) and as yet have no kids. I guess the biggest reason for me leaving it so long, is because I dont believe in having kids outside of marriage (I know these days its unusual, and while its OK for others to be unmarried parents if they so choose, its not OK for me). I wasnt lucky enough to meet my gorgeous husband earlier :( I spent my 20s with the wrong person, and I never really wanted kids with him. Plus, in my 20s I was too busy travelling around the world and establishing my career, too busy to think about kids.

So, I broke up with him and several years later met my prince charming. We got married a year ago, and since then have ben trying for a baby. Ive already had one miscarriage (tough) and I fear that due to my age it may never happen.

So my advice... experience life, have some fun and establish yourself before starting a family... doing things like that are much harder with kids... but dont leave it too long. :wink:

I hope you dont mind me, as an older member answering this

I am in my late 30s (ancient, I know) and as yet have no kids. I guess the biggest reason for me leaving it so long, is because I dont believe in having kids outside of marriage (I know these days its unusual, and while its OK for others to be unmarried parents if they so choose, its not OK for me). I wasnt lucky enough to meet my gorgeous husband earlier I spent my 20s with the wrong person, and I never really wanted kids with him. Plus, in my 20s I was too busy travelling around the world and establishing my career, too busy to think about kids.

So, I broke up with him and several years later met my prince charming. We got married a year ago, and since then have ben trying for a baby. Ive already had one miscarriage (tough) and I fear that due to my age it may never happen.

Aw, thanks for sharing! People who aren't in their teens or whatever are always welcome to share :) I can't even imagine what it must be like having a miscarriage :(

Im 17 (nearly 18) and I know one day I would love to have children. Like you Emma I would love a little girl, I dont know why I think its because of the closenes I have with my mum, I want that with a daughter. But I would also love a boy, maybe one of each. I also if it happens would love to have them when I am quite young, I dont know why just like the idea of being a young mum :)

Archived