Sleeping Arrangements

Guest Louise_2983

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 19

The blue screen of his mobile flashed at him incessantly alerting him to the deluge of messages flooding through now he had finally got around to turning it on. He sighed as the number of voicemails climbed before him until it stopped at nine and then four texts beeped their way through too.

“Someone’s popular” she grinned as she emerged from the bathroom wrapped in her fluffy bathrobe, her bare feet padding across the soft white carpet.

“It’s not your other woman is it?”

“Which one?” he quipped with an amused smirk, catching her hand as she went past and pulling her into his broad chest.

“Well for your sake I hope it’s the one you’re going to move in with when I kick your sorry ass out for cheating on me!” she mock threatened him with a wide smile as he cupped her face gently between

his hands.

“As if” he told her with a soft smile as her hands snaked casually around his waist, resting on the belt looped through his low slung jeans.

“And anyway” he smirked mischievously, “It’s my house!”

“Right now it is” she told him slyly.

“But obviously I’m going to marry you before I kick you out and take you to the cleaners. I‘m not just a pretty face”

“No, no you’re not” he agreed, slowly licking his lips as he looked her up and down appreciatively.

“Excuse me mister?” she giggled sliding her fingertips under his chin and lifting his face so he was forced to make eye contact.

“My face is up here”

“I know that” he told her, his smile getting wider and cheekier by the second.

“But I wasn’t looking for your face”

“More unreasonable behaviour for the divorce petition I guess!” she announced matter of factly.

He grinned, an almost smug sense of satisfaction beaming from every feature.

“You love it!”

“Just as long as the only woman you love is me!” she told him quietly as she nestled her head against his chest.

“You know you are” he whispered skimming his lips over her forehead.

“I am what?” she murmured against his grey t-shirt.

“A pain in the ass? The bane of your life?”

“Both of those” he responded with a cheeky glint in his beaming blue eyes.

“Oiy!” she told him slapping his chest forcefully.

“Oh she’s definitely feeling better!” he laughed loudly as he caught her hand in his.

“I wondered how long it would be before the violence would start again!

“I am feeling better” she told him with a seductive grin as her fingers worked their way under the hem of this his t-shirt and caressed his soft skin gently.

Much better”

“Belle” he intended to protest as she pressed warm, hungry kisses against his throat but the chuckle that accompanied her name as he spoke defused his objection.

So much better” she told him in a whisper as her mouth made its way across his collarbone, peppering soft kisses against it.

“And I need to show my appreciation for how well you looked after me”

“You don’t need to” he assured her as her hands slid slowly down his taught chest and she grasped the bottom of the grey t-shirt clothing it, trying to push it upwards so her hands could explore more.

“Oh but I want to” she murmured her lips returning to his and kissing him passionately.

A long, satisfied moan escaped him into their kiss as he pulled her closer and increased the intensity of the show of affection. Her fingertips continued to claw at the bottom of his shirt until he broke

away momentarily, their lips apart just long enough for them to roll the garment over his head and abandon it on the plush carpet beneath their feet.

“I love you” he whispered as his plump lips instantly returned to hers and kissed her softly, her hands already wandering greedily over his toned chest, her neat nails digging in to his skin just a little.

“I love you so much” he told her again, gasping for breath as his hands splayed hungrily down her sides and he felt overwhelmed by the intensity of his feelings for her.

Lightheaded and slightly dizzy his fingertips got to work slowly untying the knot in the soft belt holding her robe together as she kissed him softly, pressing her body against his, murmuring how much

she loved him too.

As he worked free the knot the band of fluffy material dropped to her sides and the white robe fell open revealing her bare skin beneath. His gaze wandered appreciatively over her body and his hands

slipped beneath the warm material, caressing her soft skin tenderly.

She groaned softly, pushing her body closer to his, kissing him fervently as she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck.

She moaned his name in a whisper as he left a trail of hot kisses across her jaw, down her throat and over her collarbone before he gently inched her robe over her tanned shoulders and let it fall to

floor in a pool of velour the colour of snow.

“Belle” he murmured, her name slipping over his lips like a lullaby as he moulded them closer together and she ran a petite foot slowly up and down his jean clad calf and reached for the belt looped

around his waist.

“You’re beautiful”

“I love you” she told him again, her warm breath tickling his soft cheek, as she slid the belt free and popped open the metal button on his jeans.

“I love you too” he grinned as her hands returned to his toned chest and pushed him backwards just forcefully enough for him to topple over on to the bed behind him taking her down too.

They both giggled happily before he wrapped his arms tightly around her and silenced her with another passionate kiss.

“Well, well the wanderer returns” she commented, clearly unimpressed, as he slunk into the changing rooms hoping to go unnoticed.

“Don’t start Jo, please” he sighed dumping his bag on the bench and sitting down to change into his footie boots.

“And I didn’t wander anywhere”

“Then where were you?” she asked almost accusingly as she flopped down next to him on the hard wooden bench.

“Belle was sick”

“Sick?” Joey repeated, concern flashing over her eyes instantly.

“Is it serious? Is she ok?”

“She’s fine, it was just the flu” he shrugged lacing up one of his boots.

“The FLU?” Joey scoffed in disbelief.

“You went AWOL because Belle had the flu?! Aden, are you insane?!”

“She’s the most important person in the world to me Jo and she needed me” he told her, pulling on his right boot.

“Aden!” Joey scoffed once more.

“She had the flu! Surely she didn’t need you 24/7? And if she did she has friends who could help out doesn’t she? You risked your entire career by not showing up to practice half the week!”

“Belle’s more important to me than footie” he told her matter of factly knowing that what she was saying was right. He had risked everything and he wasn’t quite sure why.

“I get that” Joey nodded with a sigh.

“But you didn’t even let anyone know Aden. I can’t believe that Belle would even allow you to do that!”

He shifted uncomfortably as he put his other boot on.

“She doesn’t know does she?” Joey laughed knowingly.

“I don’t need her permission Jo!” he snapped slightly annoyed by her interference.

“What did you tell her?”

“That we had a few days resting after the away game” he admitted guilt surging through him at the fact he had lied to her. But he knew that if he’d been honest she would have made him leave her and

go to practice and he hadn’t wanted that.

“Aden” Joey sighed.

“I know you love her but seriously you just jeopardised your entire career! Do you really think they’re going to let you play on Saturday now?”

“Of course they are” he shrugged.

“With Knoxy injured they can’t afford to have me on the bench too” he told her and she knew he was right. They wouldn’t win without Aden on the pitch given that their other star striker was injured and

out for the rest of the season.

“Still” she sighed again.

“I wouldn’t put it past them to fine you for not turning up and it wasn’t just practice you missed was it?”

“It was just a medical Jo, they can rearrange it” he told her adamantly.

“A medical that was really important if you’re going to be the most valuable player in the history of the game! What if they don’t want to rearrange it?”

“What if I’m happy here?” He asked her defensively.

“So happy you miss practice just because your girlfriend’s got the flu?” she arched her eyebrows accusingly.

“Aden, this isn’t like you. What’s going on?”

He shrugged remaining silent. He didn’t know what was going on. Why he’d missed practice and the medical which was essential for the proposed transfer to Sydney. He didn’t know why he’d lied to

Belle either. Or why he hadn’t even told her about the offer Sydney had made for him. All he knew was that these days footie just didn’t mean as much to him as it used to, not with Belle back in his life,

and every time he played he was haunted by the image of her beautiful face distressed at the thought that he would be injured permanently at some point if he continued to play.

And he knew he would never have passed the medical anyway. His knee wasn’t strong enough to get through it. Even though he wasn’t entirely sure that footie was what he wanted anymore, he was

still afraid of losing it. Because he didn't have the slightest idea what he would do if he did.

“Aden?” Joey pressed him again when he didn’t answer.

“Just leave it Jo” he told her getting to his feet and heading for the door.

“I’m going to be late for practice”

“Like that bothers you” she half laughed but he was already gone.

Belle’s smile got wider as she read down the webpage and the job description just got more and more perfect. Her heart quickened slightly at how ideal it all seemed and she wondered for a moment if it was too good to be true. As she reached the bottom of the page she realised it was. The job was located in Sydney which wasn’t commutable and she couldn’t ask Aden to up and leave Perth when his career was going so well.

“Hey you” he grinned as he entered the house and instantly she snapped shut her laptop so he wouldn’t see what she had been looking at.

“I thought we agreed no working today?” he asked accusingly as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head and went through to the kitchen to get a drink.

“I wasn’t” she told him truthfully with a smirk.

“I was just having cyber sex with my other boyfriend”

“Well don’t let me interrupt then” he laughed as he came back through and slumped down onto the sofa.

“Well he is much better than you are” she grinned but stood up and made her way over to him anyway.

“That’s not possible” he grinned smugly as she climbed onto the sofa and snuggled into him.

“Very true” she smiled up at him before pressing a gentle kiss to his pink lips.

“You are pretty amazing”

“Just pretty amazing?”

“Yep” she nodded with a grin.

“I don’t want your head getting too big”

“Well it’s a good job that I’ve got you to keep me in check then isn’t it?” he smiled resting his head against hers.

“A ha” she murmured nodding her head against his chest as she slipped her fingertips beneath his shirt and stroked his tummy gently.

“It’s the only reason I keep you around really” he teased softly, his fingertips entangled in her silky hair.

“Oiy!” she prodded his tummy sharply with her index finger.

“You know I’m joking” he chuckled, stroking her bare arm gently.

“In fact I was thinking on the way home that we should make things more official”

“Aden” she laughed softly.

“We live together, how more official do you want to make it?”

“Wel-“

“Oh my god!” she exclaimed almost cringing.

“Please don’t let that have been a proposal because if it was it was terrible!”

“It wasn’t a proposal relax!”

“Thank god!” she sighed in relief and then realised how terrible that sounded.

“Not that I don’t want you to propose...one day...bu-“

“Not quite ready yet huh?” he smiled showing he wasn’t offended as he squeezed her gently.

“Not quite yet” she admitted pressing a kiss to his side.

“Well that’s ok” he smiled softly.

“Because what I was actually going to suggest was that you moved into my room properly instead of us both having separate ones”

“We already spend every night together” she shrugged.

“And there’s not enough room in your wardrobe for my clothes and yours”

“Then I will get rid of all my clothes!” he offered with a grin.

“Well that wouldn’t be so bad” she smirked seductively, sitting up and grasping the bottom of his shirt as she tried to pull it off.

“How about we start with the ones you’re wearing right now?”

“In a minute maybe” he chuckled holding her hands in his own to stop her undressing him.

“I just want us to live together properly Belle” he told her gazing intensely into her deep brown eyes.

“Like before. If we managed in that pokey little flat we can manage here can’t we?”

“Yeah” she nodded with a smile, leaning forward to brush a kiss over his lips.

“But you’re going to have to help me carry all my stuff up into the attic”

“Well” he grinned cheekily, a mischievous glint in his piercing blue eyes.

“I thought we could just invite Mattie and Ric over this weekend, get them drunk and convince them that it would be really fun if they helped”

“I don’t think even Mattie and Ric would be that stupid” she chuckled kissing him gently.

He arched his eyebrows at her knowingly.

“Ok well maybe Ric would...” she giggled feeling slightly guilty.

“But I’m sure if we just asked him he would help anyway, then me and Mattie can relax whilst you boys do all the hard work”

“Well why deviate from the status quo huh?” he laughed kissing her once more.

“Exactly” she giggled increasing the intensity of the kiss and reaching to remove his top once more.

“Now about getting rid of these clothes...”

Loved the racy fluff :ph34r::D

Brilliant!

I hope they tell each other about the perspective jobs they got offered in Sydney! Aden should really tell Belle what's going on with his footie!!!

Belle is one smart girl there at the end, i wouldn't want him wearing clothes either haha

Great update chick, well worth the wait, looking forward to more :D

Loved the racy fluff :ph34r::D

Brilliant!

I hope they tell each other about the perspective jobs they got offered in Sydney! Aden should really tell Belle what's going on with his footie!!!

Belle is one smart girl there at the end, i wouldn't want him wearing clothes either haha

Great update chick, well worth the wait, looking forward to more :D

Thanks hun :) Just to clarify Belle hasn't been offered a job in Sydney, she was just reading a job advert.

:D loved it Louise, especilly the fluffyness

If only they communicated a little more they'd know about the Sydney jobs, though Aden and footie may not be so great for much longer, so maybe it wouldnt work out later. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens on that one.

They do have a very good plan on the moving into one room :D and love Belle's idea of getting Rik and Mattie drunk to help :lmaosmiley:

That was brilliant.

I love the racy fluff! They should tell each other about Sydney. I like Belle's idea of no clothes. She should just throw all of this clothes away! I really liked the chat they at the end. It was sweet. Belle moving into Aden's room permanently sounds like a really good idea. :)

Archived