Sleeping Arrangements

Guest Louise_2983

Well wasn't that just BRILLIANT!

Racy flufftastic :ph34r:

I agree with everyone else that they should be communicating more but to be fair, if you were Belle, there'd really be only one kind of communicating that you'd wanna do with him!! :ph34r:

I love how much there love for each other really shines through in this fic :wub:

Can't wait for more!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 20

3 months later

“Belle?” he called out as he closed the door behind him and dropped his huge kit bag by the front door. Within seconds she appeared, a flurry of dark hair and red shoes as she bounded down the stairs and launched herself on him, throwing her arms around his neck enthusiastically and smothering him with kisses.

“Woah” he chuckled at her animated greeting as he supported her body by wrapping his arms around her, given that her feet were already off the floor.

“What’s all this in aid of?”

“I just missed you” she told him pressing a trail of hungry kisses across his collarbone.

“I’m allowed to miss you aren’t I?”

“Oh it’s compulsory” he grinned kissing her back softly, lowering her to the ground so he could raise his hands to cup her beautiful face between them and look at her.

“I missed you too gorgeous”

“Who wouldn’t?” she grinned twisting her head slightly to allow her lips to gently press against his palm.

“I can’t think of anyone” he grinned sliding his palms down her back and wrapping his arms around her waist so he could pull her closer to him.

“Me either” she chuckled running her hands seductively up his chest before pressing a kiss softly against his plump lips.

“You played really well the other night, my man of the match”

“You watched?” he looked at her surprised. She came to every home game but he didn’t think she’d actually bother to watch the away ones when he wasn’t around to know about it anyway.

“Of course I did” she whispered, her fingertips trailing along the stiff collar of the dress shirt he was wearing. The team had to travel in suit and tie but he’d already abandoned his tie on the drive home.

“I have to support my man even if I can’t get time off work to actually go to the match”

“You don’t even like footie” he laughed softly, pleased that she had made the effort to watch the televised game.

“I don’t” she agreed with a shake of her head.

“But I thought we’d established that I like you...a lot” she grinned pushing herself closer up against him and kissing him passionately.

A tiny moan escaped him as he returned her kiss just as passionately and lifted her off the floor just a little once more as her fingers tugged gently on the downy hairs at the nape of his neck.

“Nice” she purred as they broke apart and he placed her feet gently back on the ground but kept a tight hold on her.

Very nice

“Glad you think so!” he chuckled rubbing his fingertips in soft circles against her lower back.

“So, how was everyone?” she asked out of genuine concern. Aden had stayed on for a few days after his away game in Sydney and paid a visit to everyone in Summer Bay. It was killing Belle that she

hadn’t been able to get the time off work to go. She missed them all so much. Sydney had withdrawn their offer for Aden after he’d missed the medical a few months earlier but he has certainly shown

them what they’d thrown away that weekend. Scoring a hat trick and being responsible for several assists.

“Good” he nodded with a smile.

“Missing Roman obviously but they’re coping ok. They got a letter from him whilst I was there so that cheered everyone up. And Effie is still just as cheeky as ever. She drew you a picture” he told her

reaching into the side of his kit back and pulling out a brightly coloured scrap of paper to hand to her.

“Awww!” Belle cooed as she looked down at the drawing and then turned it sideways to try and decipher what it was. That didn’t help so she turned it back the other way, squinting as confusion reigned

over her pretty features.

“Apparently” Aden told her with a chuckle.

“It’s the whole of Summer Bay missing you because you couldn’t come”

“Awww” Belle sighed again, a few tears beginning to pool under her deep brown eyes.

“Hey” he reached up with his thumb to brush them away.

“I just miss them too” she explained resting her head against his chest.

“And I really wanted to come with you”

“I know” he told her squeezing her gently.

“But Annie and Irene are planning to come visit us soon and Geof-“

“Did he draw me a picture too?” she asked cheekily, a grin returning to her face.

“No” Aden laughed at the image of Geoff sat at Irene’s table surrounded by crayons that suddenly popped into his head.

“But he’s going to call you tonight. He’s got some news apparently”

“News?” she asked raising an eyebrow in intrigued.

“Don’t look at me” he laughed.

“That’s all he would say. I stayed in your old room last night and when I was leaving this morning he came home looking really pleased with himself but wouldn’t tell me why. He said he would call you

tonight and then I’d know”

“Hmm intriguing!”

“It’s Geoff I’m sure it’s not that exciting” Aden teased rubbing her arm gently.

“Oiy! Be nice!” she exclaiming poking him in the chest with an outstretched finger.

“Sorry” he told her sincerely but couldn’t help but laugh anyway.

“Aden!” she cried once more.

“Be nice, if you want me to keep being nice to you” she told him running her fingertip seductively down his chest to show him exactly what she meant.

“Did I mention how much I love Geoff?” he suddenly backtracked with a huge grin.

“Not too much I hope” she grinned mischievously as he let out a loud sigh.

“I can’t win can I?!” he chuckled as she pressed a string of kisses down his neck and began to expertly pop open the buttons of his shirt.

“Want to think about that one again?” she murmured next to his ear, her warm breath tickling his soft skin as she undid button after button until his shirt hung open exposing his toned chest.

“I think I already won” he chuckled as she pushed her hand beneath the soft material and caressed his broad chest gently.

“I think so too” she murmured grasping the open material of his shirt and tugging him towards the spiral staircase by it.

“What about dinner?” he asked his lips pressed against hers but his eyes diverted to the beautifully decorated table she had clearly put a lot of effort into.

“That’s for later” she told him in a whisper.

“Mattie and Ric are coming over...they have an announcement to make” she told him, arching her eyebrows knowingly.

“Ahhh” he grinned with a soft chuckle.

“They’re getting divorced aren’t they?”

“Yeah I think so” she sighed feigning sadness.

“And I wouldn’t want to upset them by rubbing just how in love we are in their faces so we should probably get it out of our systems before they arrive?”

“Purely for Matilda and Ric’s sake of course” he told her with a cheeky grin.

“Oh of course!” she exclaimed letting out a squeal as he whipped her off her feet and carried her upstairs, his lips already working their magic against her neck as they went.

“So?” Aden looked up from the table as Belle re-entered the room.

“Did Geoff ask you to be Best Man?”

“So you did know what the news was!” she exclaimed looking annoyed at him for not telling her.

“No, I swear I didn’t!” he protested, holding his hands up in mock surrender as Matilda and Ric laughed at the look on Belle’s face.

“But this photo message Nic just sent me was a bit of a give away” he informed her twisting his mobile around to show her the photo of a sparkling diamond ring.

“Oh” she muttered feeling a little stupid.

“Can you believe that they’re actually getting married?”

“If they make it that far!” Matilda sniped then covered her mouth, her cheeks instantly flushing red.

“Mattie!” Aden chuckled at the uncharacteristic outburst but Belle sat down next to her friend and grinned.

“She’s right though. It’ll take Nicole years to plan the perfect wedding and they break up every few weeks!”

“Fair point” Aden nodded.

“But let’s give them the benefit of the doubt huh? At least give them a fighting chance?”

“Ok” Belle nodded with a smile, getting up and wrapping her arms around his neck from behind.

“But only because it’s you asking babe”

“Well of course” he laughed as she kissed him before going to check on dinner.

“So” he looked up at their dinner guests.

“Belle tells me two you have an announcement to make too?”

“Yes” Matilda nodded not able to stop a grin dancing on her lips as she glanced over at her husband.

“Look” Aden sighed.

“We just want you to know that we’re not going to take sides, you’re both our friends and this divorce won’t change that”

“Erm” Matilda’s grin instantly disappeared and was replaced by a panic stricken expression as she grasped Ric’s hand desperate to reassure him she had not said anything to Aden or Belle about wanting

a divorce.

“We’re not getting a divorce!” she announced horrified at his incorrect assumption.

“Aden!” Belle scolded him rushing back into the room and slapping him playfully.

“Ignore him! He doesn’t think you’re getting a divorce! He’s just teasing. We’re so excited that you’re pregnant again Mattie, you both really deserve to be happy after everything”

“Erm Belle” Aden chuckled.

“They didn’t get to the bit where they tell us they’re having a baby yet”

“Ooops!” This time it was her turn to raise her hand to cover her mouth and blush.

“Is it that obvious?” Matilda asked looking down at her tummy, her tiny bump concealed completely by a baggy black top.

“Relax, you look gorgeous” Aden told her keen to rectify the situation.

“Oiy!” Belle exclaimed slapping him forcefully on the arm.

“Not as gorgeous as you obviously babe” he hurried to clarify and that seemed to pacify her a little.

“So how did you know?” Matilda asked rubbing a hand affectionately over her tummy.

“You haven’t touched alcohol for weeks now” Belle began with a smile.

“And well the fact that you’re sat here with us instead of having snuck off upstairs to try in one of the spare bedrooms gives you away a little!”

“Were we really that bad?” Mattie asked her cheeks flushing an intense shade of scarlet as Ric shifted uncomfortably.

“Worse” Aden confirmed with a low chuckle.

“But you’re also kind of sweet” Belle grinned.

“And we’re so happy for you, so it’s ok”

“Really happy for you” Aden nodded before shaking Ric’s hand as Mattie hugged Belle.

“We’re really happy too” Matilda grinned almost bursting with happiness as Belle and Aden swapped over so she could give Ric a hug and he could kiss Mattie on the cheek.

“She’s been dying to tell you” Ric told Belle with a smile.

“But he made me wait until 12 weeks after what happened last time” Mattie explained trying to excuse not letting her best friend in on the secret.

“So you’re 12 weeks now?”

“Well and three days but we wanted to wait until Aden was back, we wanted to tell you both together” Matilda explained and a smile instantly appeared on Aden’s face, happy that they’d wanted to tell

him as much as Belle.

“And everything’s ok?” Belle asked smiling almost as much as her best friend was.

“Everything’s fine” Mattie grinned delving into her bag and producing a small black and white photograph.

“I had my first scan yesterday!”

“Oh my gosh” Belle swooned as Matilda handed her the scan and she gazed at it.

“Aden, look!” she ordered pushing the scan in front of his face.

He tried his hardest but he couldn’t make out the baby at all, his face becoming more and more confused the longer he stared at the scan.

“Look! There!” Belle pointed out the baby but he still couldn’t really see.

“Don’t worry mate I couldn’t see anything either”

“Ric!” Matilda exclaimed taking the scan back and waving it in front of his face.

“That’s our baby you’re talking about!”

“Well of course I can see it now!” he explained himself with a chuckle.

“But you’ve been waving that thing at me for twenty four hours straight now, give Aden a chance!”

“It’s ok” Belle grinned wrapping an arm around Aden’s shoulder and perching on his lap.

“He’ll see when it’s our baby”

Aden simply grinned at the statement and pressed a soft kiss to her cheek as she reached under the table and pulled out the oversized gift bag she had hidden there before their guests had arrived.

“Now” Belle began pushing the bag towards her friend.

“I know we’re not supposed to buy the baby presents this early so we bought you presents instead” she explained as Matilda peeked into the bag and found lots of expensive maternity products including

toiletries and clothes and a few books.

Matilda dipped her hand into the bag blushing as she felt the soft lace of the maternity lingerie they had bought her.

“Erm yeah” Belle giggled as Matilda quickly pushed it down to the bottom of the bag.

“That’s Aden’s present to Ric!”

Ric peered inside the back and grinned.

“Cheers mate but I don’t think that’s quite your cup size!”

“I guess we’ll find out tonight won’t we lover?” Aden smirked cheekily as the girls giggled and Belle jumped up off his lap, grabbing two bottles from the fridge before returning to the dining room.

“So we have champagne to toast the news too and sorry Mattie you have non alcoholic stuff which probably tastes like crap!” she told her friend bluntly as she filled her glass with liquid from one of the

bottles and Aden opened the other, spraying her with champagne slightly as he did so.

“You’re really selling it to her there Belle!” Aden chuckled as Matilda hesitantly took a sip from her glass, her nose wrinkling instantly in disgust.

“Yeah she’s right” she announced pulling a face as the sour liquid hit her taste buds.

“See!” Belle grinned triumphantly.

“I was just managing her expectations!”

“And I don’t care if it tastes like sewerage!” Matilda exclaimed trying not to cry.

“I can’t believe you guys went to so much effort! You’re amazing”

“Oh we know” Aden grinned earning another slap from Belle before she went to wrap her arms around her friend.

“It’s because we love you and we’re so, so happy for you” she grinned rubbing Matilda’s arm gently and pressing a kiss to the side of her head.

“Now, toast time!” she announced letting go and grabbing the flute Aden had filled with champagne for her.

“Wait!” Mattie interrupted just as Belle lifted the expensive flute in the air.

“Before we do that, we have something we want to ask you” she told them looking to Ric for approval and he nodded with a smile.

“We know people usually wait until the baby’s born but we would be really honoured if you would agree to be godparents to our baby”

“Of course we will!” Belle squealed throwing her arms around Mattie once more and splashing champagne all down her top.

“Careful!” Matilda giggled as Belle tried to wipe up the spillage with a napkin.

“Sorry I’m just really excited!”

“We never would have guessed” Ric teased as Mattie looked up past Belle to Aden who had remained quiet through the whole exchange.

“Aden?” she asked quietly causing Belle and Ric to look at him too.

“I’d love to be godfather to your baby” he nodded unable to believe he’d even been asked. It meant a lot to him that they considered him worthy of that and close enough a friend. After all they had

always been Belle’s friends really. Or so he had thought. He couldn’t pin point the moment when they had become his friends too but he was glad that they had.

“Good” Mattie grinned getting to her feet and reaching out to hug him.

“Now come here and give me a hug because this is the only legitimate opportunity I’ve had to get my hands on you with these two around!” she teased as she squeezed him gently and he laughed.

Belle let them hug for a little while before grabbing Matilda’s arm gently and pulling her away.

“Ok you may be pregnant lady but keep your hands off my man!” she teased as they all laughed together.

“Sorry” Matilda smirked sitting back down.

“I’m just a little bit hormonal and he’s hot!”

“Matilda!” Ric exclaimed as Belle giggled and Aden looked a little smug.

“Not as hot as you baby” Matilda purred running a hand up Ric’s jean clad thigh and pressing a kiss to his cheek.

“Aren’t you annoyed at her for that?” Ric chuckled looking up to see Belle laughing too.

“Nah” Belle grinned.

“To be fair, I’ve done worse with you!...And he is hot!” she smirked wrapping an arm around Aden and kissing him softly.

“Ok toast time” Aden tried to get the night back on track as Mattie suddenly jumped to her feet and headed for the stairs.

“Sorry! I’ll be back in a minute I just really need a wee!” she announced before disappearing and Belle decided to go and check on dinner leaving too.

“So” Aden turned to Ric.

“You look happy mate”

“I am happy” Ric nodded.

“Really happy”

“That’s good” Aden grinned putting his champagne flute back on the table whilst they waited for the girls to return.

“And how about you?” Ric asked curiously.

“Things between you and Belle seem to be going well”

“They’re going great...really great” he nodded unable to contain his grin as he thought of how happy he was with Belle.

“So will we be hearing wedding bells or the patter of feet from your direction any time soon?”

“Well I don’t know about that!” Aden shrugged.

“You don’t want that?”

“Mate of course I want that! Have you seen Belle? She’s amazing!” Aden exclaimed with a grin.

“I would marry her and have babies with her in a second if I could”

“Then what are you waiting for?”

“For her” he told him quietly.

“I don’t think she’s quite ready for that yet. But I can wait and when she is ready then I’ll be right here waiting”

“Waiting for what?” Belle asked as she returned to the room and Matilda ran down the stairs in a flurry.

“Waiting for you” Aden shrugged off her question with a grin.

“We spend half our lives waiting for you two”

“But we’re worth the wait though right?” Belle asked seductively as she pressed her lips against his.

“Oh yeah”

“What was so important that you just had to meet me at lunchtime?” Matilda asked Belle the following week as they slipped into a booth at a little diner in between their offices.

“I need your help with something” Belle grinned unable to contain your excitement.

“If you want to take photos of me at eight months pregnant in some copy cat version of that Demi Moore photo shoot then think again!”

“How on earth does your mind work?!” Belle exclaimed.

“Of course that’s not what I want! Why would you think that?! You’re only just three months gone anyway!”

“Sorry” Matilda looked slightly embarrassed.

“It’s just obviously something you thought of at work or you would have called me earlier and your job is taking photos!”

“Well it’s not about photos but I did realise it at work”

“Realise what at work?”

“I want to marry Aden” she smiled happily.

“And you’ve only just realised that?” Matilda scoffed in disbelief.

“Well no...but yes” Belle sighed confusing herself and Mattie in the process.

“The thought of marrying him used to scare me and then it didn’t and that scared me but now...the girls at work this morning were talking about marriage and weddings and I actually joined in! And

I realised that I’m not scared and I’m not scared that I’m not scared anymore, I just want to marry Aden”

“Ok you lost me the first time you said scared” Matilda grinned and Belle laughed.

“I want to be his wife” she grinned.

“It’s as simple as that. I want to be able to call him my husband...for the rest of my life”

“So you want him to ask you?” Mattie squealed excitedly.

“Because I can drop hints...or I can just tell him or Ric could do it!”

“No” Belle shook her head laughing.

“Thanks but I’m going to ask him actually”

“Oh” Matilda exclaimed.

“Well that’s different I guess”

“And I like to be different” Belle grinned.

“I just don’t know how to ask him. I mean do I do hearts and flowers or do I just blurt it out in bed or do I do something really epic like proposing at one of his games? What do guys like?”

“I think he’d like the bed one” Matilda smirked.

A lot!

“Ha ha!” Belle pretended to be amused.

“You might be right there and it’s not really a story we could tell the grandkids is it?”

“No” Matilda laughed shaking her head.

“You could spell out Will You Marry Me? in alphabetti spaghetti like Ric did?” She giggled.

“That was sweet but I want to be original” Belle grinned cheekily.

“And I’m still not sure Aden can read, he is a footie player after all”

“Now who is being funny?” Mattie laughed pulling the brochure Belle had left on the table towards her.

“Engagement rings for guys?” she murmured as she flicked through it.

“Yeah” Belle nodded peering at the pages too.

“And they do engraving too”

“You could write “Property of Belle Taylor” Mattie laughed.

“Actually I was thinking of getting “Taken B***h!” just in case any groupies get ideas!”

“That would work too” Matilda chuckled loudly before looking at her friend with a sincere smile.

“He’s going to say yes you know? No matter what you say or how you ask him he is going to say yes. You’re going to be so happy. You’re going to be amazing together...you already are Belle”

“I know” Belle grinned happily.

“And now I’m ready to make it official”

OMG eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek I actually just squealed out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to update like OMG sooooooon. I'm so excited, Aden will say yes, and its going to be the most romantic scene ever and eeeeeeeeeek

Loved the rest of the chapter!!!!!!!!! Mattie and Ric are sooooo cute, sooooooooooooooooo happy for them, i hope it all works out.

sorry all i've got on my mind is adelle married *sigh* hehee

FANTASTIC!

xxxxxxx

Well that made me cry :wub: lol

I LOVED the scene with Belle,Aden,Ric and Mattie! The banter is great.... So, so happy they're pregnant again

And YAY!!!!! she wants to marry him, I wonder how she'll propose, omg so excited :D

Brilliant update hun! Cannot wait for more

Grinning like a Cheshire cat right now!!

That was soooooooooo good!!

They're gonna get Married!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

The fluff at the beginning was perfect, the chat about Roman and the bay was perfect, the stuff with Ric and Mattie was perfect, Hell it was all perfect and I LOVED it!!

Really can't wait for more!

The last two chapters were really great.

Adelle :wub: they're so happy and in love. I was smiling my way through most of this last two chapters.

Great scene with Aden and Joey. Loved Joey's reaction to Aden not showing up because of Belle having the flu. It so sweet that he stayed with her but I have to agree with Joey there. Also liked the part about him realising he doesn't feel the same about footie anymore yet still being afraid of loosing it. Looks like it's his turn to be the one who's all confused and not knowing why. I'm really interested to see where you go with this.

As usual the Mattie/Ric/Aden/Belle stuff was awesome. Loved the banter between them. I also liked the part about Aden realising that Ric and Mattie thought of him as a very close friend as well.

I love that she wants to propose to him. I'm really looking forward to that next chapter.

Awww it was awesome Louise! :D So excited that Belle is going to propose :wub: As always Aden was so sweet, waiting for Belle and his general ways you describe so well.

I can imagine how the characters say things, as if it were on TV, you really have a knack of wording things right.

Can't wait to read the proposal! :D Assuming nothing goes wrong :unsure:

Archived