Chris Hemsworth is Thor

Guest bailey4

lol what :lol:? Okay, if it's a Marvel character, that's probably not so weird. But I read this as "Chris Hemsworth IS the God of Thunder!!!" which made me think, "Hm, he's been hiding that well." :P

Of course I'm just being silly... I'm glad it's due out in 2011. What with the world ending in 2012... Probably won't be enough time for a Wolverine cross-over though :(

Wow, Kenneth Branagh is directing it? That's a huge deal for Chris. I hope they get some more well-known actors to star alongside him though, as I doubt he's recognised enough to pull in big audiences on his own. Must admit I always thought Chris was one of the worst actors on H&A, but I don't begrudge him the success at all - I just hope he can pull it off and prove that he isn't just a pretty face. I doubt Kenneth Brannagh would cast someone just for their looks, so he must have something!

Wow, Kenneth Branagh is directing it? That's a huge deal for Chris. I hope they get some more well-known actors to star alongside him though, as I doubt he's recognised enough to pull in big audiences on his own. Must admit I always thought Chris was one of the worst actors on H&A, but I don't begrudge him the success at all - I just hope he can pull it off and prove that he isn't just a pretty face. I doubt Kenneth Brannagh would cast someone just for their looks, so he must have something!

I think he really improved during his time on h&a, he was really wooden to begin with. Yet by the end of his time on the show, especially during the whole love quadrangle & marriage breakdown storyline with Rachel, he was really holding his own in those scenes with Amy. He's also done well in the small role in Star Trek too, but I know carrying a film on your shoulders is a whole different ball game.

Apparently they initially passed on him at his first audition, only then for his agent to keep on pestering them for a re-read, which he then got. Thats where he wowed them and left a great impression, after which he got the role. Which makes it even more of an achievement, to un-do all the wrongs aswell as carry off a great audition, that makes Brannagh & co re-think their initial decision.

Hope he pulls it off, good luck to him & a huge congrats. :D

Archived