Announcement

Guest SummerBayLocal

Hello members of Back to the Bay,

When I first discovered Back to the Bay, I thought it was a exceptional idea having a forum where I could express my thoughts and feelings about Home and Away and its characters. For nearly a year it has been a joy to communicate with members expressing my opinions, debating in a mature manner about characters and storylines.

However over the past few months this has not been the case, I am a really nice person who has been mistaken for a nasty, immature guy. This is not me at all so I have decided to leave Back to the Bay.

This decision has not come lightly as I genuinely love this place. But, I have been accused of a few things, in which no-one seems to have evidence of. I hope that you understand how I have come to this decision and respect me for it.

I have enjoyed myself most of the time that I have been here. It has been a pleasure being here with such a nice group of people but I feel that I need to move on.

I told staff that I would be leaving 12pm tomorrow but have since decided to extend it to Friday to give people the chance to read it. I will only be posting in here until then if necessary.

Obviously I won't be adding the scans of TV Week anymore but I'm sure you will get it some way or another. :)

If any members would like to keep in touch with me please feel free to email me at summerbaylocal@hotmail.com.

Thanks to all the members who have been so kind. I wish you well in life.

Cheers,

SummerBayLocal (David)

NOTE: It would be nice if the staff could leave this thread open for a while to give people the chance to comment. Thank you.

EDIT: Reply to Foxy:

Last night wasn't the first time that I have asked you so please do not use that early morning excuse.

I'm still telling you that I wasn't involved in that incident. I'm not a liar, I'm honestly telling you the truth.

If I have had multiple chances why haven't I been made aware of any of them? I've had to chase them up because staff haven't told me anything.

Those names that you called me were very harsh and have genuinely hurt my feelings because I know that I am not any of those things and I am really upset.

This post was more of a goodbye message rather than an attack on anyone so I didn't purposely bring it out to the public.

It was unecesary to drag this out in public, but if that's the way you wish to handle things, then I'll bite.

First of all, when you PM-ed me asking for evidence as to why you had been placed on MP, it was 2am over here, and the follow up PM telling me you were leaving was sent at 3am. I'm a real person, with a life outside this board, one which involves sleeping - your impatiance is astounding.

Second of all, I have already explained the evidence we have against you - information was passed onto us, in confidence, that implicated you in one of the offences mentioned in the post. Given some of the things that you done before, we had no reason to disbelieve this information. And no, I won't be telling you who told us, purely because that would be unprofessional given the circumstances.

This "woe is me, I'm so innocent" act isn't washing. As we have told you, and stated publically upon many occassions, we do not take action against members unless we have sufficient evidence, and MP in particular is only ever used as a last resort. You have had multiple chances, and have continued to push us to our limits.

I know many members will think my posting this publically is out of line but at the end of the day, I, and other staff, have completely lost patience with your inability to admit any fault for any of the misdemenours of the past few months. I'm quite confident we'll get over losing such a sneaky, underhand, and ultimately cowardly member.

Ciao.

Last night wasn't the first time that I have asked you so please do not use that early morning excuse.

I'm still telling you that I wasn't involved in that incident. I'm not a liar, I'm honestly telling you the truth.

If I have had multiple chances why haven't I been made aware of any of them? I've had to chase them up because staff haven't told me anything.

Those names that you called me were very harsh and have genuinely hurt my feelings because I know that I am not any of those things and I am really upset.

This post was more of a goodbye message rather than an attack on anyone so I didn't purposely bring it out to the public.

The other times you asked me, I told you precisely what I've written in this thread. If the evidence we have isn't good enough for you thent hat's something you need to deal with - it's good enough for us and we deliberated long and hard as to what course of action to take.

I also know for a fact that other staff members have PM'ed you regarding matters in the past. Like I said, we're not stupid, we do communicate with each other, so a divide and conquer tactic is going to prove fruitless.

If you did not wish to bring it out in public, you could've quite easily PM'ed those you wished to say goodbye to, as that function is still fully operational - and it would've been prefered to the melodramatic attention seeking.

Admitting you've done wrong would've been a good step, but I fully stand by the words I selected to describe you as the continual "I'm very very innocent" line is getting tiresome and isn't going to wash.

Finally, please don't be afraid to actually reply to this thread instead of (sneakily) finding a way around your MP - we don't believe in censorship here so we'll approve anything deemed inoffensive.

Im sorry to say I think he had no choice - and foxy you would not allow a member to speak to someone like that why should you be any different

I feel for SBL - ive only found him to friendly and honest and its cruel he has been taken advantage of. hes helped other poster with scans in spoiler threads and im sure many members will miss him.

I also thought long and hard as to wheather I would leave BTTB as well - After today, I think for now the best thing is to sick to reading the board and post my thougths where I wont be afraid of the possiblity of threats and bullying.... when i will post again here well is anyones guess

I'm quite confident we'll get over losing such a sneaky, underhand, and ultimately cowardly member.

Woah don't hold back or anything !!

OK I think that you are being very over dramatic because in fact david is one of the nicest people that I have met on this forum and contrary to what you think David has done absolutely nothing wrong on this forum EVER and he is being treated so unfairly.

and I know that you have actually quite upset him with your comments which are completely untrue so please get your facts straight before posting such lies.

and can I just say you mention your "evidence" again and again but still you have not told him exact evidence such as names and things he's done which leads to the question - is there any evidence ? and I can tell you there is most certainly no evidence that ties David to any of your allegations because he did NOTHING.

and I think its so unfair how you are dragging his name through the mud and he is on moderator preview and can't even defend himself and that my friend is whats called COWARDICE. You can say anything about him but he can't defend himself.

You have ruined a perfect reputation from your post by barraging abuse at him when he has done nothing wrong.

You should be ashamed of yourself for the tearing apart of his character.

and I know this post won't get approved because you just don't want the other side of the story to be shown only yours.

I am sorry if I have caused any offence to anybody but I just couldn't stand back and watch a 100% innocent person be blamed for something he did not do.

and can I just say you mention your "evidence" again and again but still you have not told him exact evidence such as names and things he's done which leads to the question - is there any evidence ?

I've told him exactly what he's done. And of course I'm not going to tell him who told us things, as I have to protect the identity of the member in question.

Also, I need to point out that our decision to put people on MP has been a decision that the entire staffing body has taken. Quite why I'm getting all the **** flung at me for being the person who's carried it out is beyond me. As I've made it perfectly clear, he can say whatever he likes - the fact I've approved your post highlights I'm not one for censorship.

I haven't been my most diplomatic in this thread but honestly, if you'd experienced the barrage of abuse that I've had since I initially posted the announcement you wouldn't be feeling like trying to be diplomatic. David has done wrong and his complete inability to admit any fault is what's causing the problem here.

Im sorry to say I think he had no choice - and foxy you would not allow a member to speak to someone like that why should you be any different

I feel for SBL - ive only found him to friendly and honest and its cruel he has been taken advantage of. hes helped other poster with scans in spoiler threads and im sure many members will miss him.

I also thought long and hard as to wheather I would leave BTTB as well - After today, I think for now the best thing is to sick to reading the board and post my thougths where I wont be afraid of the possiblity of threats and bullying.... when i will post again here well is anyones guess

You have to to be kidding? Of course he/she had a choice. We all have a choice.

The mods around here put up with **** day in and day out. Now we hear that a group of morons have been pretending to be mods on MSN and bullying other people, have been setting up lots of different accounts and generally acting like a group of year 9's on crack. When have the mods ever lied to you/us? Never thats when. They bust a gut working to keep this place going and some body bleats about being on mod preview, when to my mind if they were doing all this should have been flipping banned, you think they are in the right because they seem like a nice person and they did post some scans. Come on. Get real. This group were given a chance to do the decent thing. This person chose to bring it out in the open to try and stir up trouble just like that little gang were doing behind the scenes and you are falling into their trap. OK, lets get them all feeling sorry for me and get the members ganging up on the mods now is the next game. I dont blame Foxy for getting annoyed one bit, and I know who I believe and I am not playing their stupid infantile game.

well said sexyluc

all this thread was a chance for SBL to say his peace and say goodbye to those who were nice to him - i didnt attack anyone or mention specifics- just his side of the story and he gets attacked by a moderator?

How can anyone stay in a forum where even the moderators and admin dont play by the rules

Ive seen both arguments and Im not the type of person to be conned by anyone and really what use to be a great place to talk has turned very sour for many - present company included

I love this place and most people here - the ones who are making life hell are the ones that rule the roost and hence we can only leave and find somewhere else

and can I just say you mention your "evidence" again and again but still you have not told him exact evidence such as names and things he's done which leads to the question - is there any evidence ?

I've told him exactly what he's done. And of course I'm not going to tell him who told us things, as I have to protect the identity of the member in question.

Also, I need to point out that our decision to put people on MP has been a decision that the entire staffing body has taken. Quite why I'm getting all the **** flung at me for being the person who's carried it out is beyond me. As I've made it perfectly clear, he can say whatever he likes - the fact I've approved your post highlights I'm not one for censorship.

I haven't been my most diplomatic in this thread but honestly, if you'd experienced the barrage of abuse that I've had since I initially posted the announcement you wouldn't be feeling like trying to be diplomatic. David has done wrong and his complete inability to admit any fault is what's causing the problem here.

OK you tell me one person who has ever had a bad word to say about David ?

because quite frankly nobody ever had a bad word to say about david but I don't know why I am saying this because you don't even know him and like sportzgal who is another who knows David well enough to comment has said that he is one of the the nicest people on the forum

and Corey please don't pass judgement on David either because you don't know him.

and listen to me when I say DAVID HAS NEVER DONE A SINGLE THING WRONG TO ANYBODY and that is FACT.

You think you know whats going on but you don't and whichever member you are protecting is obviously filling you up with **** because its all LIES.

and Like sportzgal who just said he was only saying farewell to the forum then gets jumped on by a moderator for no reason and starts giving him abuse. :angry:

ANYBODY WHO IS READING THIS PLEASE SAY WHETHER YOU KNOW DAVID DIRECTLY AND IF SO TELL THESE PEOPLE TAT HE IS ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE AROUND

AND DO NOT BELIEVE THIS RUBBISH THAT HE IS AND I QUOTE "SNEAKY AND A COWARD"

well said sexyluc

all this thread was a chance for SBL to say his peace and say goodbye to those who were nice to him - i didnt attack anyone or mention specifics- just his side of the story and he gets attacked by a moderator?

How can anyone stay in a forum where even the moderators and admin dont play by the rules

Ive seen both arguments and Im not the type of person to be conned by anyone and really what use to be a great place to talk has turned very sour for many - present company included

I love this place and most people here - the ones who are making life hell are the ones that rule the roost and hence we can only leave and find somewhere else

You are deluded chum. This guy said his piece to try and stir up trouble and you know it. If he wanted to say good bye as you put it, he has PM and MSN to do that to the people who he is friends with. But no, he wanted to do the big announcement.

As for the rules. You say that the mods and admin are not plying by the rules. Sorry I ain't buying that one. If the mods tell me this guy has been told and told more than once then I believe them. If you dont then I can only conclude you are deluded or one of them! I got really mad when I read about the on cyber bullying going on as my sister was the victim of some cyber bullying and it made her really ill. To think people on here were doing it made me sick to my stomach. A kid not far from where I live hanged herself for gods sake because of it. Like I said I would ban the lot of them. The mods are being less tough then I'd be.

As for making life hell, don't be such a drama queen. If you stick to the rules then you will never come to the attention of the mods or admins. Its thats simple.

Archived