Announcement

Guest SummerBayLocal

OK I'm going to have my say.....

For months now we have had to deal with reports, complaints, people telling tales, he said this, she said that, I think so and so should be banned, I'm being picked on, blah blah blah blah blah..... It began to resemble a primary school playground to be honest and everyone on staff was absolutely sick of it. And I mean EVERYONE. So please don't think this is just Foxy... the whole moderating team are behind him as we have seen and heard how upset people have been because of this.

This is a Home and Away site and we are here to discuss H&A, read about H&A and make friends if you so wish. We are NOT here to bully or intimidate people. However, a certain group of people seem to have taken it upon themselves to do this, for reasons only known to them, and they know who they are. Granted, some are more guilty than others but it's difficult to judge what's true and what's lies in these situations. We've done the best job we can with the infomation we had available. Certain people have had several warnings and have completely ignored them and to be honest a select few are very lucky not to have faced a ban.

To me when something like this happens people who are guilty hold their hands up and admit their mistakes. Those who are innocent get their head down, have some dignity and prove themselves in a positive way by contributing to the board in the way it was intended.

And just to prove a point we are now getting reports from people who are being pressured into posting in here..... :rolleyes:

I would like to think we could move on from this.... do what we came here to do (i.e. discuss H&A)....learn from our mistakes.... build some bridges..... and be happy. Going around in circles isn't going to be productive for anyone and arguing is only going to make matters worse.

As a Forum Mod who is party to staff discussions can I strongly back the Admins and the Moderators of this forum. I have seen the evidence, I have had very few personal dealings with any of the offenders, and I am convinced that a small group have actually made a "planned" attempt to disrupt the harmony and working of the Board. Did people think that the moderators who have the responsibility of maintaining good order on the board would wear that indefinitely? I'll put my hand up and say that I felt action should have been taken in the form of Mod Preview or even bans in some cases much sooner than it was, others were much more patient.

Cna I suggest that the offenders stop "grandstanding to the crowd" and get back to concentrating on the constructive parts of their activities. I do read Fan Fiction, I will comment on it from time to time. I urge people to comment on aspects of Episodes in the Australian Discussion Section both positively and/or negatively and not snipe at those who may not hold the same opinions as they do.

Contribute constructively to the Board and become a valued member don't try to destroy something good.

I've been on BTTB for a while now and I love coming on here.

But lately it's like there's more drama on this board then there is on home and away itself and thats silly. We all come on here to write our fics, post avatars in our threads and make new friends as I have done.

I personally dont know SBL and I have no idea whats happened but I do remember I have been in the wrong before.

It's not nice, but the mods dont single you out unless there is a reason to do so!

With the msn impersonating stuff, I dont like whats happened, I dont go on msn much anymore but its not my problem to MAKE myself involved.

The moderators and the rest of the BTTB staff work very hard to keep this place friendly for everyone and I appreciate that!

But I'm not going to make bad comments on the staff or SBL because I dont know what has gone on and I dont have the facts. All I can say is I hope you keep yourself well SBL and goodluck in the future!

Bec out xox

This thread is getting out of hand. SBL, I can't say you shouldn't expect not to be attacked when you drag this out in public, and that pretty much also drags the others out in public for everyone to find out who's been behind things we have tried not to spread around for your sake; I just hope the others are fine with that. But still, this thread pretty much is personal attacks all over the place, and not just on SBL, but on other members that don't really have anything to do with this. I'll close it for now and leave a few of the posts I'm referring to invisible (they haven't been approved, I'm not making new posts visible, just leaving those on MP.) and if an admin or mod wants to open it again, that's fine by me. I just know that we're not a lot of mods online now, especially not many mods that are heavily involved in this, so I think it's best to (temporarily?) close it for now.

Closed.

Archived