Entwined

Guest Zetti

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack's disappearance? So he might not be dead :o?

That's what I thought too. :unsure:

Aw Martha is having a baby. Too bad, Jack never knew it. :( Unless it turns out he isn't dead, then there is a chance he could come back and be there for Martha, their two teenage children and the baby.

:o Chase is alive! I definitely want to hear his explanation. :)

More please.

Here you go guys. Just a head ups. I am going to stay at my dad's tomorrow so I might not be online much to update so the next update prob will be next week sometime if you are lucky

:P

Chapter 16

‘Explain’ Martha demanded

‘Ok. Please don’t flip but Jack knew that Shane was back in town and that you and the family were in danger’

‘Why didnt the police just arrest him there and then?’

‘No evidence to prove anything, they cant arrest people if they have no proof of any crime’ Chase pointed out as he tried to calm Martha who had become to get increasingly agitated.

‘Ok. I get that but why Jack? Why not someone else?’

‘Jack refused to let anyone else, and have you tried to reason with him?’

Martha managed to smile ‘No he was always stubborn but what have you got to do with it and how the hell does it explain your disappearance 7months ago?’

‘I concocted my disappearance from Summer Bay because i was working undercover with Shane to feed your husband information. He was my half brother’

‘Sorry. I was harsh

He shook his head ‘No you were right. I wish I could change things’

‘There are some things that I still don’t understand’

‘You want to know why you never had a chance to bury Jack... because there was no body?’

‘Exactly’

‘Well... I cant explain that because I wasn’t there but people are still undercover with Shane so looking for Jack can endanger their lives’

‘Like who?’

‘What?’

‘You wouldn’t tell me that my husband cant be found unless someone else that I care about is working with them’

‘It’s your first son’

‘What!’ Martha screeched scrunching up her face ‘Oh god. You haven’t told Jude have you?’

‘No’

She sighed in relief ‘Why not?’ she asked

‘Because he doesn’t deserve to be hurt any more than he has been.’ Chase replied trying to make her feel better, she didnt deserve more misery in her life.

Martha nodded as she tried to make sense of everything. Nothing had ever been simple in her relationship with Jack, but the only positive thing that had come out of it was her 2 gorgeous kids plus the son she had never met.

Jude creeped in a few moments later, ‘Phone for you?’ he handed the phone to his mum. While Martha chatted away on the phone ‘Have you told her it all?’

‘Yep. I don’t think it has sunk in yet’ he mentioned as Martha hung up the phone

‘Right well. I need an early night but Chase you are free to stay in Jude’s room’

Chase turned to Jude ‘Is that ok?’

‘Yeh cool. I will do up the spare bed for ya... come up when you are ready’

Chase smiled at him ‘Thanks, I really do appreciate it.’

There was a hospital room about 300 miles away where Shane Deeks had watched Jack Holden pass away. At least that is what it had looked to the nurses. He had him knocked out so much that the heart stopped or had appeared to have stopped.

‘So... you ready to tell me?’ Shane asked Jack for the last time that morning.

Jack looked at him and then outwardly stated ‘I have no idea what you are on about, to be honest’

‘Don’t lie to me. One of my men is a traitor. He is your son and I want to know who it is’

‘And if I don’t?’ Jack began to push his luck because he didn’t believe that he would actually shoot anyone.

‘Well then I will shoot everyone in this room and their death will be on your hands’

Jack sighed as he caught his son’s glance. His mind flickered back to the moment he met him

Flashback

‘Hey. I am Luke’ Jack heard him say as he brought in some food to the small basement room that he had been locked in since his ‘death’.

Jack merely nodding not reacting to anything that anyone said. He had been like that for quite a while now.

‘I have something to tell you. I don’t how you will react but its the truth’

Jack moved his head up to meet his eyes and said for the first time in a while ‘what?’

‘I am officer 21782’

‘What?’ Jack mouthed in shock ‘You are undercover?’

‘Yep but the problem is that I have a closer link to you than you could ever possibly imagine’

Jack narrowed his eyes but he said nothing.

‘I am your son’

Jack froze but Luke continued ‘Lucy told me that my biological father was a police officer and I was trying to find you when I did I found about this case.’

‘Wow. I never expected this, you better go’

‘Why?’ it was Luke’s turn to be confused.

‘Well you were only supposed to bring the food. Getting a bit too friendly isn’t too good for you’ Jack said in a matter of factly tone

‘Fine, you don’t believe me. Didn’t think you would at first so I will prove it to you’

Jack’s eyes narrowed ‘How?’

‘You will see’ was Luke’s parting reply

Jack was too tired and worn out. He had begun to count the cracks in the wall through boredom.

He knew where all the best hiding places were for the insects. He just wanted to be home with Martha, watching his 2 kids grow up and growing old with loads with grandchildren.

He couldn’t believe that Sam could cause so much trouble even she was dead. All he wished for was to see Rory again because he was the only thing that he cared about that was Sam’s,

The one thing he wanted to be involved with again but he probably was involved with Shane and his dodgy dealings; a new Rory he thought to himself as he remembered the cheeky Rory that he used to play soccer with on the beach and take for ice creams.

END OF FLASHBACK

Honest Comments Please

:D

May only have about 7 chapters left. Am not sure yet.

Well Goodnight!

There was a lot of new information to take in. :)

First of all, YAY Jack is still alive! ^_^ And he found his and Martha's first child. :) I hope they'll both manage to get away from Shane. :unsure:

I'm looking forawrd to the next chapter. :D

Sorry the updates are not that regular, its just I have no time. My next update will be sometime next week because I am busy this week and I wont have time.

Chapter 17

'So? Who is it?' Shane asked getting irritated

'I don't know who you are talking about' Jack wasn't going to let his son be the victim of a mess that he had got himself into.

'Fine... have it your way. He gestured for someone to come forward. 'Take the cuffs off of him'

Jack suddenly realised what was going happen so he signalled to his son to be alert by a simple hand gesture that he had learnt in his years as training as a copper.

He saw him return the gesture to say he had understood. 'Give him the gun' Shane ordered.

His henchman looked at him like he was crazy but knew how bad he had been known to be so he didn't attempt to cross him.

Jack felt the weight of the gun on his chapped and weak hands but a few seconds later, it just felt normal, like he was meant to be holding that gun.

'Come forward' he said to a random guy.

The guy shook as he came forward but came forward regardless as he was resigned to his fate.

'Shoot him' Shane said with no sign to relenting

'No. I won't. You can be a coward and make someone else do it but I will not do it'

Shane glowered but took the gun from Jack's hands. 'Fine. I will'

Without other moments thought. He shot him in cold blood making Jack and Luke flinched. Shane captivated that moment and said 'Aha'

Jack realised it was a ploy and that he knew he was going to react to it and so was his son.

'Bring him forward'

Luke trembled and Jack was held back by 3 men. Luke's whole body shook as he tried to make his legs move towards Shane. He was terrified but knew he had to do it. He had vowed his life to save his father.

'So. Do you want to do it or should I?' he said to a figure out in the far end of the room who had been watching the proceedings

'I will do it' the voice spoke up and Jack nearly fell over in shock. He never imagined that he would do it to him not after everything but maybe he mistook him for a human not that he wa going to let him know what he thought.

Shane smiled 'Well come on, then. I want to watch his face as he loses his firstborn as I did'

Chase walked out of the sea dripping wet, it had been a long time since he had the opportunity to get in the ocean.

He was going to get out of their way because he couldn't burden them with his troubles any more. Martha was still suffering from the loss of Jack and he had no right to try and interfere in that.

He loved Martha, he had never stopped but he also knew that Martha still missed and adored Jack. He didn't want to put them through more pain than they deserved because they had been through so much.

'Hey Chase' Jude was walking down the beach 'Heading home?'

'In a bit, yes. Why?'

'No reason' Jude replied

'Cool' Chase replied picking up his towel and his shirt before walking along the beach with Jude 'so what you been up to?'

'Just work and figuring out some stuff'

'Want to talk about it?'

Jude tensed up 'Nah. I don't really need to yet'

Chase shrugged but knew there was something that Jude wasn't saying. Nevertheless he didnt push him. He would open up in his own time.

As soon as they both entered the house, Jude's phone rang. He looked at the screen and smiled before reading the text message. He had the biggest grin on his face as he sauntered off.

Chase smiled as he went to the lounge. It was really quiet there so he just lay down and let himself drift off to sleep.

Krista found herself knocking on Joe's door but only to find a young blonde girl answer the door 'Can I help? She asked

'Is Joe here?'

'Yeh, I will get him for you. Come in'

Krista walked in wondering who she was and why she had never heard of her before.

'Hey Krista' Joe greeted her as he walked down the stairs with very wet hair. 'Is there a problem?'

'We need to talk'

'Sure. Have you met my sister?'

'Sister?'

'Kylie. Come here'

Krista saw the blonde girl wander over to her 'This is Kylie. My older sister'

'Hey. So you are Krista, Joe never stops talking about you'

Joe blushed as Kylie mock punched him, Krista couldn't help but smile.

'So what do you want to talk about?' Joe asked when they were in private.

'i just wanted to tell you 2 things'

'Ok'

'First thing. You have to stop blaming yourself for the kidnapping. You couldn't have changed anything because you would have got hurt and I would have blamed myself. You are someone that is too important to me not to care about so please just stop blaming yourself and be happy'

'And the second thing?' Joe asked still taking in what Krista had just said.

'Simply. I love you' she said.

Joe blinked as he took that news in. As he tried to answer her, Krista kissed him and when she parted her lips from his, he had the biggest grin on his face, he just brought her to him and they kissed.

A few moments later, they were sitting on the sofa watching a television programme just enjoying each others' company and their newfound connection.

'Come. Shoot him'

Jack shouted 'Please don't!' he practically begged him. 'Please. This isn't you'

'How the hell do you know who i am' the tone of his voice was spitting off evil

'Remember. Football on the beach, enjoying each other's company. You wanted to talk to Annie but she needed to be alone. You are the type of person who cares about others.'

'Yeh. But not anymore'

'Ok. So shooting him. Whats that going to achieve?'

He didnt have an answer 'Your mother wasn't murdered Rory. She killed herself. I do blame myself because I should have known what was going on and stopped it but I didnt and I will hate myself forever for that, you know I will. I have never forgiven myself'

Shane was getting more and more annoyed 'Just shoot him'

Rory focused his gun on Luke but a few moments later he turned the gun onto Shane. 'let them go. Now'

Shane had no means of reacting to it so he ordered his men to let go of them both. 'Luke and Jack. Go, just find someone or a car or something and go home'

Luke made his way to the door but Jack refused to move 'What about you?'

'Dont worry about me. You have a family.'

oh that was so good!! they're free!! but why do i have a funny feeling that Jack isn't going to come back or leave without Rory?? :(

but thats who Jack is always protecting the people around him!!

can't wait for the next update... next week :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I took so long to update; there's just been so much stuff that I have to do and i have more but I will try and update again soon. This fic only has 4 ish chapters left so enjoy.

Chapter 18

Luke was injured so Jack dragged him to safety before resting, they were sat on a wall in the middle of nowhere. Luke’s arm was beginning to stop stinging so he could walk again.

Jack was still caught up with how Rory was doing, Shane must have done something to him and he dreaded to think about what that could have been.

‘what you thinking about?’ Luke asked

‘Oh just Rory. He looked so lost’

‘You can’t save everyone’

Jack sighed and nodded ‘i know but it doesn’t stop me from wanting to help him does it?’

Luke shook his head ‘no’ after a few moments silence ‘So what is next?’

Jack was quiet for a few moments as he contemplated his and their next move. ‘i want you to meet your mother and your siblings’

Luke breathed in and breathed out ‘Are you sure?’

‘yes. You mean so much to me and I think you would make your mother so happy’

‘What about?’

‘Jude and Krista?’

‘Yeh. They might not like me’

Jack sighed and put his arm around Luke ‘They will get used to you and there are perks to having a younger sister’

Luke frowned ‘Whats that?’

‘You can make her your personal slave’

Luke stared at his father and just for a few moments, there was a bond between them. Luke was glad he had found his family but at what cost.

Martha was sleeping peacefully when she heard the door rattle. She was suddenly aware of everything around her. She knew where all the spiders were lurking and which bits of the room that scared her death with the unknown shadows.

Despite all her fears, she slowly slipped out of bed and headed towards the source of the noise. She slowly edged the door open just to find Chase walking around the kitchen.

‘Oh god you scared me’ Martha sighed a breath of relief

‘Oh sorry. I didn’t realise I was that loud’

‘Oh you know me’ Martha said ‘I sleep lightly, well am back off to bed’

‘Good night. Sorry again’ he winced

‘No worries’ she went back into her room and a few seconds of hitting the pillow. She was fast asleep.

Chase however didn’t, he stayed in the kitchen for a few more moments till he was sure Martha wouldn’t hear him and then got his suitcase which was in the pantry and left the house.

He walked the 30 minutes to the far end of the beach and found the keys to his car. He had his own life and as much as he wanted Martha to be a part of that, he had to face facts she didn’t want him. Her heart belonged to Jack; always had and always will.

It was clear that Martha wasn’t going to be able to give Chase what he wanted romantically because she had reminders of Jack all the time in her kids and the unborn baby.

He got into the car and sped off till he was far away enough and then climbed into the back of his car and while dreaming of a better life he managed to fall asleep for once with a smile on his face.

A moment later Chase woke up with a jolt; he didnt even recognise where he was but it seemed to be a hospital of some sorts.

He had wires coming in & out of his hands and arms. He tried to take them out but only succeeded in hurting himself some more.

‘Whoa!’ Martha ran in and slowly but firmly prised his hands away from the tubes before he could create any more damage.

‘How did I get here?’

‘You had an accident, you were driving and then fell asleep but the handbrake wasn’t on and the car was rolling’

Chase tried to place these memories but it just hurt him to try and think more and more.

‘Relax, they gave you a sedative so you will be groggy for a while’

Chase tried to talk but Martha just put his hand on his stomach ‘get some rest. I will come and see you later’

Luke asked his father the most obvious question ‘How do we get home?’

Jack said ‘We cant go home yet. I cant spring it on Martha, I need to get in touch with my colleagues and let them know that we are alive and then just go from there’ Jack finally finished

Luke sighed. They had got new clothes and managed to commandeer a car but nothing was ever just simple and straightforward with his dad!

He was looking forward to seeing his family ‘Ok. Lets do it’

Archived