Entwined

Guest Zetti

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the comments, here is the next chapter with a JM moment and a secret is revealed... I think you will like it... Sorry about the crappiness..

Chapter 7

Sunlight dawned on the Holden house, the quiet and dismal atmosphere made Tony Holden grumpier than normal. He tried to pretend it wasn’t real.

Despite his attempts the back of his mind still prodded into existence just how real his loneliness was and why it had happened. It was his fault not his sons, not his wife. His fault.

Picking up a bowl and pouring some cereal in, he headed towards the fridge to get some milk. Pouring the milk in, the phone rang. Tony leant over to get it.

‘Hello’

‘It’s Jack, just checking in, is Luc there?’

‘I haven’t seen him since he left 3 weeks ago, hardly seen anyone, not really got the energy to do that. So how are you?’

‘Dad. When I left, I never meant for you to cut yourself off! Please don’t do that. I will be back soon’

Tony’s heart lifted as he said that ‘Really?’

‘Yes, I just have to do something first’

‘Ok. I will be around for you’

Jack smiled as he said ‘I know’

‘So… better get up for work now’ Chase said as he and Martha lounged around his bedroom.

‘Not now’ she whined, she was enjoying the moment.

She snuggled in a bit on Chase’s chest and rubbed his arm. He smiled and hugged her into him as well ‘Ok... We wont go yet but I do have to soon’

Martha grinned ‘Sure... in a bit… now it’s just us…’ she said suggestively.

Chase raised his eyebrows ‘now… with my flatmate downstairs?’

‘Why not?’ she smiled

‘Ok, how about a compromise, you let me go to work now and tonight I am all yours, phone off and house to ourselves’

She considered it and responded ‘Actually how about you go now and I see you tomorrow?’

‘Why tomorrow?’ He asked as he put his shirt on and fumbled around to find his shoes

She hesitated before saying ‘I am meeting Jack.’

Chase’s eyes raised ‘Jack? Since when?’

‘Since he asked me yesterday. He needs my help so…’

‘That’s fine, I will see you tomorrow’

‘You can take me out for dinner’

‘Ok. I will’ he kissed her ‘let yourself out. I need to go now’

Martha got dressed and nodded, Chase left the room and she sighed to herself, she had to tell him the truth; the honest truth instead of the distorted version that she kept trying to kid herself with.

‘So told him yet?’ Jack asked as Martha perched herself next to him on the sofa

‘Nah. I cant, it isn’t something that I can just blurt out’

‘Right ok... So what are you going to do… he needs to knows. Its his responsibility as much as it is yours’

‘His career has just begun to take off.

‘I don’t have a claim on him Jack. His choice is his choice, I cannot force him to do something that he doesn’t want to do’

‘At least talk to him because otherwise how will you know?’

Martha mused to herself. ‘That’s true’

Jack smiled and got up ‘well I have to go to the gym but you are welcome to stay here’

‘Thanks. I think I need to go and talk to him otherwise there is no point’

‘Just tell him the truth. That you had his baby’

Martha sighed, she had to tell him but Jack just naturally assumed that Chase was the father when the truth was that she and Chase hadn’t slept together at least 6 months before he had died.

‘Ok’ she stood up ‘I will tell him. I am telling you’

Jack struggled to register exactly what it was she was trying to say. His mouth opened in shock ‘Are you saying it is mine?’

‘yes’

‘But how?’ he asked

‘Seriously... you don’t know how?’

‘Not like that’ Jack retorted ‘but what about chase?’

‘What about him?’

‘How is it not his?’

‘We never slept together for a long time. It was too weird for me’

Jack smiled. Martha used to be a lively outgoing person and while she still had those characteristics she had turned slightly into a more mature person. He was glad he was still in her life.

‘I need to go. Chase is expecting me’

Jack’s euphoria disappeared instantly when he heard his name come into existence.

‘Sorry, but he is my boyfriend’ he heard Martha say.

‘I know’ he went to the door and held it open for him. ‘Bye.’

‘Ok...’ she said resigned to the fact that he didn’t want to be a third wheel in an already complicated situation; she couldn’t exactly blame him could she, she would do the exactly same if she was in his shoes.

:o Jack and Martha have a baby? I wonder what happened to him/her. :unsure: Can't wait to read more about this baby. :)

Like lino, I think Martha and Jack should get back together and Chase can find another nice girl because he seems really friendly. So he deserves to be happy also. :)

More please.

Hope you like this chapter.. More JM scenes will come just not in this chapter... Enjoy and please comment honestly thanks.

Chapter 8

People wandered around the town everyday doing small mindless things that appear to make their lives really happy; to make their lives seems meaningful.

Jack Holden knew that life never works the way you want it to work. Life was cruel and it was about time people got used to it.

He was still in shock over the fact that he was a father, to a baby that he had never expected to be his.

How can you get your head around that fact when you had no inkling that the baby was yours in the first place?

He was happy though that he was now a father, but the thought of another human being dependent totally and utterly on him terrified him and when he realised that he knew he had to tell his father about it.

Predicting his dad’s reaction was kind of hard because Tony Holden wasn’t a predictable person.

His mood and mannerism changed all the time and so he knew he would have to tread carefully this time.

‘Dad… I have some news for you’ Jack said as he sat down for breakfast the following morning.

‘What’s that?’ Tony said indifferently

‘Don’t freak out… but we are having a baby’

‘Who?’ Tony demanded not quite cottoning on yet

‘Me and Martha’

‘What?’

‘Let me rephrase that, she has already had the baby, it’s about 2 years old and she gave it up for adoption’

Tony blinked in shock just trying to take it in, ‘Are you serious?’

‘Yes, I only found out yesterday’

‘Who else knows?’ Tony asked

‘Martha told me but I don’t know who else she has told’

Tony grimaced ‘I need to deal with something, I will talk to you later’

‘Ok…’

‘He knows he has a child, how can I keep your identity from him?’ he asked her directly

She put her hand on his cheek and stroked it ‘Find a way. I am not ready for him to know yet’

‘He is going to find you… and there’s too many loose ends for me to tie up and I cant do it’ Tony admitted

‘Ok… then introduce us… and I will introduce our son to them’

Tony nodded ‘Ok… tonight 8pm’

‘Ok’ she agreed before walking away along the beach towards her car and her home.

‘So who is coming’ Jack asked later that night. He was curious as to what news his dad had for him.

‘Ok you will find out. Lucas will be here soon and I will tell both of you together’

Jack narrowed his eyes and concentrated his gaze at his father but his face gave nothing away so he was still in the dark about it.

The doorbell rang and Jack rushed to open it. ‘Hello’ he said to a middle age woman who despite himself was quite attractive

‘Come in’

She walked in on her own and Lucas appeared behind him. ‘Whose she?’ he whispered to Jack as they walked into the lounge.

‘No idea…’

‘You are breaking up with me?’ Chase asked incredulously

‘I have to’ she replied honestly ‘I will not lie to myself or to you anymore, it isn’t fair on either of us’ she admitted

‘I don’t want to lose you now or again or at all’ he said rushing to try to comfort her

‘Sorry’

‘Its because of Jack isn’t it?’

‘Not everything is about him’ Martha demanded harshly

‘This is about us’ Chase counteracted

‘It is so why d… drag Jack into it.’

‘I am not stupid’ he replied ‘Anyone can clearly see you still harbour some sort of feelings for him’

‘Maybe I do… but we aren’t together and nor will we be so it doesn’t affect my decision to end this relationship’

She was getting increasingly frustrated at the fact that neither of them were getting anywhere.

She really thought breaking up with him would be easy or she realised that she thought it would be easy because she didn’t have any feelings for him but she did just not as strong as Jack’s feelings for her and her feelings for Jack.

‘Right, so your feelings for Jack didn’t influence this decision at all?’

‘No.’ she was trying to be as brutally honest as she could towards him.

‘Ok. Its over’ he held the door open for her ‘and you are fired’

‘Naturally’ she replied as she picked her bag up and left the room

‘So who are you?’ Lucas asked as they all settled into the meal

Tony reprimanded him ‘Lucas, don’t be rude’

‘No its ok.’ The woman replied ‘I am Lucy’

‘Lucy?’ Jack and Lucas both vaguely remembered that name and when it came to them Jack gasped ‘No way’ he turned to his father, ‘how could you bring her into our home?’

‘There are other reasons’ Lucy continued before Tony could answer ‘its not as clear cut as you think it is’

‘Go on’

‘Ok. I know your mother died because of me. Well at the time your father broke all ties with me understandably’

‘I only got in contact with her about 2.5 years ago’

‘And why… you may ask is because your girlfriend Martha was it?’

‘Yes’ Jack replied

‘She approached your father with the news that she was pregnant’

Jack froze and Lucy went on ‘He needed someone to take the baby and I have always wanted a child’

Jack couldn’t listen to anymore; he got up and said ‘No way, you gave my baby away without telling me?’

‘You were 17 jack… Martha and you both had a future, I didn’t want it to be ruined’

‘You still had no right, I should have been involved’

Lucy put her hand on his arm and gently pushed him back onto the chair ‘Blaming him now doesn’t solve anything.

Lucas asked ‘Is there a reason I am here?’

‘Yes’ Tony said and Lucy picked her phone up and said ‘Will you come in please?’

‘At the time when I asked Lucy to take your child and raise it as her own I had no idea that she already had a child’

The hairs on Lucas’ neck stood up as did Jack also while Tony continued ‘It turned out that she was pregnant after I called off our ‘affair’’

Lucy didn’t say anything as the 3 Holden men grappled with the fact that a lot of secrets had been revealed.

The door opened and Tony said ‘Jack, Lucas meet your half brother’

Jack was stunned to be face to face with Chase. Martha’s boyfriend as far as he knew.

‘Hey Jack’ he smiled.

:o Oh my. So many secrets my head is spinning :lol:

I'm glad Martha has realized her feelings for Jack :wub: I hope she acts on them!

Can't believe Chase is their brother!

Loved how when Chase fired Martha she was just like 'Naturally' :D

Loved it. Can't wait for more :)

So many secrets! Things are getting complicated now but they're also getting interesting. :)

Martha has still feelings for Jack. Hopefully she'll act on them and Brett will be okay with it.

:o Chase is Jack and Lucas' halfbrother. Well, that's going to be interesting when/if Martha and Jack get back together. :P

Can you please refresh my memory? How old are Martha and Jack? I had the feeling they were 18. But you mentioned Jack was 17 when Martha got pregnant and she had the baby 2 years ago. So that would mean they're more like 19-20. :unsure: I'm sorry to be a pain. :rolleyes:

More please.

Archived