Entwined

Guest Zetti

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the 2 month hiatus, uni has been hectic but I managed to get the chapter finished!

Chapter 20

Wandering around the deserted interview room, Jude had so many thoughts swimming around in his head. Was his mother ready for his father to waltz back in? Should I tell Mum first to soften the blow?

Jude stopped pacing around as he heard the door open. Jack walked back in ‘Just listen to me for a second before you answer. Ok?’ he waited for Jude to answer him but he merely nodded.

‘Thanks’ came the reply in a grateful tone.

‘I know you don’t fully understand why I came back after all this time.’ He paused ‘but I have to tell you that I missed every single one of you. I have never missed anyone the way I have missed you guys’

Jack’s voice broke slightly but he carried on ‘I also found someone on my journey to get out of Shane’s hands’

‘Who?’ Jude asked forgetting he wasn’t meant to say anything till his father had finished.

‘Your brother, Luke’

Jude recoiled in shock. ‘I wasn’t even aware that I had a brother’ he managed

‘I know. Your mother gave him up a few years before you were born. I didn’t even know till later on when your mother told me’

‘Does she want to see him?’

‘She didn’t then because she was adamant that he would be better off without her, but it was a few months after Krista’s 3rd birthday that she admitted that she was curious and wanted to find him but life got in the way’

‘Did he find you or did you find him?’

‘You know what’ he sat down on the chair near him and so did Jude ‘its weird. He found me when he was working undercover but I felt like I had meant to be there for a reason, Fate’

Jude breathed in for a second before asking ‘Can I meet him?’

‘He is here, I wasn’t sure if you wanted to see him now or wait for a few hours till its sunk in’

‘I want to see him but I want to be the one to tell Mum that you both are back because she needs stability now not this’

‘I know, the pregnancy, I still cant believe it’

‘Mum’s has struggled. She claims that she hasn’t but its obvious she has.’

‘I really want to make it better for her’

Jude smiled ‘It will be’

Jude’s phone rang. He picked it up from the table and saw it was his mum, ‘its mum’

Jack smiled ‘put it on speaker will you? I want to hear her voice’

Jude put it on the table and press the loudspeaker key as Martha’s voice came booming out ‘Hey, where are you?’

‘Am seeing a face from the past’ Jude said cryptically but it was the truth

‘Ok… whatever.. Krista needs picking up from school. She got suspended’

‘Suspended! For what?’

‘I don’t know but I cant leave the diner. It’s bedlam here!’

‘Cant Colleen cope. I am kind of busy’

‘Tell your ‘friend’ that there is a family issue’ her motherly tone was beginning to penetrate through’

‘Get her to get a taxi because I cant leave yet’

Martha frowned ‘Fine. But this isn’t over. We will have words when I get home and don’t even think about staying away because I will hunt you down’ and with that she abruptly hung up the phone.

2 hours later

Jude was sat at home when Martha came in the door. He winced slightly as she glared at him. ‘Krista go to your room’

Krista didn’t argue but smiled apologetically at Jude as if she knew that he was getting into trouble because of her.

‘So... What possessed you to stay with your friend when you knew I needed your help’

‘Mum. It wasn’t as simple as that. I had to stay but I cant explain why but you will understand when the time is right’

‘Jude I am 6 months pregnant and I can’t afford to be worrying about you so please tell me what is going on’

‘When the time is right, I will tell you’

Martha just looked at him in despair before walking out of the room resigned to the fact that he wasn’t going to listen to a word she said.

Later on that night, Jack rang Jude ‘so what’s new?’

‘She hates me. Literally’

‘I am sure she doesn’t. She is just confused and more confused’

‘When are you going to tell her?’

‘As soon as the danger has passed, Luke and I don’t want anything to happen to any of you’

‘Fine but let me know exactly when so the silent treatment can stop because I cant handle it!’

‘Jude’ Jack started but Jude abruptly hung up the phone causing Jack to yell in frustration making Luke jump.

‘Just tell him the truth’

‘No. Your mother would hate me if I did that’

‘She can’t hate you when she brought it on herself’

‘I still can’t believe you forgave her and let it go’ Luke said seething

Jack faced Luke and studied his face as he tried to let the anger evaporate and move on from it. ‘If Jude knew the truth it would completely destroy him and it was never his fault, ever’

‘I know but he does deserve to know the truth, his whole life has been a lie and he has no idea and when he does find out because trust me these things always come out he will hate you unless you tell him now!’

Jack processed what Luke was trying to say and he knew he was right but it didn’t make it any easier to do, he wanted to avoid as much pain as was possible but Luke was right, Jude had to know the truth otherwise he would end up hating him and his mother.

‘Tell your mother when you are ready to Jude.’ Jack announced when he rang Jude a week later’

‘Are you sure?’

‘Yes. Tell her’

Next Chapter: Will Jude tell Martha?

Archived