Entwined

Guest Zetti

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry its been so long since my last update. I just spend my whole life catching up on tv :P but I got the best ideas for the chapters to come so here we are..

Chapter 14

2 months later

Sighing as her eyes flickered open; slowly Krista allowed the duvet leave her cold yet firm body as she woke up for another day, another day in this humid house. As her feet touched the floor rebelling against the feeling; it was an alien feeling to her.

She pulled herself towards the door hoping to beat the rush to the bathroom. Unfortunately it was too late because the queue had stretched out for about 2 metres along and finished at the bottom of the stairs, she blinked and before she knew it she was ready and raring to go!

Wandering down towards the kitchen, she heard a slow & dull howling sound originating from behind me. She turned around only to see nothing, there was nothing there, just shrugging it off, she made it into the kitchen and she saw again the same flicker which chilled my bones she was sure that something wasn’t right but I couldn’t place my finger on it.

‘Hey’ Martha chirped cheerfully as she noticed Krista walk into the room ‘Hi’ she replied.

‘Ready for the Halloween party because everything is all organised’ smiling at her

‘Sure, yes. What you going as?’

‘A ghost’

She groaned inwardly, of course all the flickers and weird happenings must have been the special effects my mother put around the house, she loved her special effects, it was her way of covering up how she truly felt about people and the issues in the world.

‘Your costume needs picking up’

‘Ok.’ Krista sighed

‘Come on, we need to carry on as normal. Life goes on’

‘You seem to have forgotten everything’ Krista retorted. ‘How can you when nothing is what it is supposed to be’

‘True but then again, life does change whether we like it or not’

‘Yes. Can we go there today’ Krista asked

‘Of course’ she said but she still had a hint of uncertainty in her voice but luckily Krista didn’t pick up on it

Martha walked to the lounge and turned off the television that Jude had left on that morning before he went to work. He had taken the rest of the year off. Martha never realised just how much it would affect Jude and Krista.

She thought they would be devastated but she just moved on really quickly, it perturbed her how quickly she could do that but she didn’t want to hurt herself more and she had to be strong for her children.

‘Mother, can we get going?’

‘Yes, 2 minutes’

They saw all the flowers laying there catching dust, each petal wilting in its own unique way and wilting towards something else.

‘Are you ready?’

‘I don’t want to leave yet’

‘Krista, we have to let it go. He’s gone and there’s nothing we can do’

‘No’ Krista was bordering a hysterical tone of voice ‘it’s not fair!’

‘Life isn’t fair honey but we will get past it and move on because we have to.’ Martha tried her motherly tone to calm her down

‘We have to don’t we’ she said in a resigned voice

‘Yep’

‘Ok’ she agreed.

She put down the last thing she had in memory of him and allowed it to slowly rest on the flowers that were beginning to wilt. She whispered ‘I miss you and I always will. We will never forget you... rest in peace’

Martha eyes bristled with tears as she saw her daughter finally come to terms with her father’s death, she didnt want her to dwell on the pain but try and come through it as a stronger and independent person.

‘Baby. I know it hurts, it hurts me every night and morning when I don’t see your father next to me but he wouldn’t want to us to be miserable all the time. He would want us to be strong and move on’

Krista nodded in agreement ‘Its just for me. Saying goodbye means that its real, its like I have been living a dream all this time and I don’t know how I am supposed to deal with that’

‘I know. I have spent so long trying to figure out the best way to bypass the pain’ she paused as to try and find the best way to explain it to her ‘but the truth is the pain is the one thing that gets through it and makes you stronger at the end of the grief. We end up accepting the loss and being able to live with it and understand that we cant change it but we can live with it’

‘I know. I finally did it. I will never forget’

They finally walked away from the building, leaving the pain behind and moving on towards a life without Jack.

A hard life but a life that they needed to move towards. If they spent their whole time contemplating the ‘what if’s’ then they would do nothing but be miserable and that wasn’t a life they wanted for themselves.

Krista’s phone beeped with a new message alert, she saw who had sent it to her and just put it back in her pocket.

‘Joe?’ Martha asked

‘Yes. He keeps texting to see how I am’

‘He loves you’

‘He feels guilty’ ignoring her mother statement

Martha frowned ‘why?’

‘Well, the night of my kidnap, he was with me’

‘In your room?’

‘Yep... I know’ she said as her mother looked at her ‘He shouldn’t have been there but I didnt think at the time’

‘Anyways... go on’

‘He thinks that if he had stayed another half hour then somehow he could have stopped the guys and then dad wouldn’t have come after me and he would be here’

‘A 17 year old couldn’t have stopped them. He would have been captured as well’

‘I know but I haven’t wanted to talk about it since so I just ignore him because if I talk about it...’

‘I know. I have something to tell you and Jude’

‘What?’

‘I will tell you tonight when Jude gets home’

‘Ok’

Next Chapter: What does Martha want to tell them?

Before the death threats come... everything isnt as it seems which is why it is called entwined.. lol :P:lol:

I hope everything isn't as it seems! I'll hold my death threat for now :lol: , I hope something better comes

I second that! :P & :(

Poor Krista, Jude and Martha! :(

I wonder what Martha will tell her children. :unsure: Please, don't tell me she has met someone else already!

More please.

This chapter is really short but it should get back to normal in the next chapter which may not be until tuesday or wednesday depending on work tomorrow and sunday... so enjoy...

Chapter 15

Jude sat down at the table that night with a curious look on his face, his mother had something to tell them and he was intrigued.

'Ok. Thanks for this. I know you both had plans but I need to tell you this'

'What is it mum?'

'Ok. As you know it's been 2 months since we lost your father and I know how much that hurts all of us but I have some good news'

Jude narrowed his eyes while Krista widened hers 'Mum. Are you pregnant?'

Martha pursed her mouth and Krista smiled 'You are! Oh my god!'

Jude didn't really react as he took the news in. 'Another baby?'

'Well yes. I am pregnant'

'How far along are you?'

'5 months'

Krista looked at her stomach and she realised that it was more evident now than it had been 2 months ago'

'Did dad know?' Jude finally asked

'No. I didn't realise I was pregnant till 2 days after we lost him'

Jude got up 'i think I might go out for a bit. I need to be alone right now'

'Ok. Be safe'

Jude nodded and picked his jacket on his way out of the house. He knew what he had to do but he didn't know how to do it.

He walked along the beach till the end came into site and then he diverted up the dirt trail for another 20 minutes till he reached the rundown shed walking through it and wandering towards the house behind it

As he entered it he could smell the stale beer and pizza from a mile away. He wasn't surprised, it was just his hideout.

The one place his mother couldn't get at him from. His mother had high expectations for him but he knew what it was he wanted to do.

He wanted to become a police officer like his father but he wasn't sure of how his mother was going to react to that so he just backed off talking about his 'plans'. They just seemed to be his mother's plans not his own plans like he wanted to do!

'Have you got it?'

'Yep, here the food as you asked for. Why don't you just go and see her?'

'Because I can't, I can't do it to her' the voice came

'I accepted it, she will too, she is more understanding than I am' he pointed but the figure still said 'no.. i can't, she won't understand and she might reject me and I don't want that'

'You have to because this is the last time I come and talk to you'

'She will hate me!'

'Yes she will but isn't that better than this' he gestured to the empty pizza boxes.

He shrugged but then continued 'I just don't know how to tell her everything, it took me so long to tell you.'

'And I took it badly to say the least but this is conversation you really do need to have with her'

'How? I walked away then so why would she want to know now?' he asked with pleading eyes begging for the lifelong answer he had always asked.

'You have to' Jude was adamant with a touch of ignorance in his voice as he answered him and returned his glare at this point

'Fine, i will. Tonight?'

'Yes. Have a shower and change, I will take you down'

He sighed 'Thanks Jude'

'You are family. We help family'

Martha was worried about Jude, he just barged out the moment she revealed her news. It was really perplexing to her.

'Mother!' she heard him call out 'Where are you?'

'Lounge, why?'

'Dont flip but I have brought someone to meet you'

'Who?'

Jude took a big breath in and said 'Chase'

Martha froze for a few moments.

'You must be mistaken, 'he was killed in a accident a long time ago'

She heard a new voice as he came into her sight 'hello Martha'

'Let me explain please'

Martha told Jude to leave the room 'Go please. I don't want you here right now'

Jude grimaced but he obeyed her orders, leaving the room to leave Chase and Martha alone. Martha gestured for him to sit down and then Chase proceeded to explain everything that had ever happened

'The day of the kidnapping was the day Jude found me. I was involved in the kidnapping' Martha gasped as she heard that.

'No not in that way, I was forced to by the police'

'What?'

'Jack's disappearance isn't as it seems'

TO BE CONTINUED

I bet you all hate me now!

Archived