Big Brother 10 to be the last?

Guest -Kevin-

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should finish it now, take a break for 5 years and come back with with a new shiny show with a new audience. I will miss Davina though!

I’m in two minds about Davina. When she first started I actually quite liked her interviews with some of the contestants and when the idea of her leaving came up initially I couldn’t imagine who would replace her but as time has gone on I find her more and more partial. From some of her interviews and comments her blatant bias has become apparent to the point where it is quite obvious which contestants she liked and or didn’t like (e.g. Luke/Becks, Rachel etc and even Nadia/Jason from previous years). She was so bad last year that virtual all the messages boards I went to had something negative to say about her. There was even one person who got cut off from the BB radio station on the web because he wanted to raise the issue of her interview technique regarding Rachel. It’s a shame really because like I said I really enjoyed some of her interviews in the past (and even now). I’m not saying not to like or dislike a particular housemate because everyone has their preferences for certain people (myself included). It’s part and parcel of watching shows such as these. The difference is purely on a professional basis she is paid to do a job so she should be completely impartial. Period.

There’s always the debate as to whether this type of show should continue. Some of the events in the past such as the fight between Victor/Emma, Jason/Nadia, Szar/Richard, Shippla and the “three witches” etc have generated a lot of complaints from some of the viewers that have put pressure on Endomol and Channel4 to stop broadcasting. Some of the complaints raised a valid argument and that is the way some of the contestants had conducted themselves is not the type of role model behaviour you would want and is also setting a very bad example for some of the younger viewers. However the counter to this is that some of this behaviour has highlighted and exposed some very important issues such as the whole racism debate with Shippla (which made people pick up the phone and vote for her to win because they were against racism even though she got booed at the start). Also when Nadia won she finally gained acceptance as being recognised as female. So you could argue that it’s also a good thing.

I’m not really sure how I feel…

I think they should finish it now, take a break for 5 years and come back with with a new shiny show with a new audience. I will miss Davina though!

I’m in two minds about Davina. When she first started I actually quite liked her interviews with some of the contestants and when the idea of her leaving came up initially I couldn’t imagine who would replace her but as time has gone on I find her more and more partial. From some of her interviews and comments her blatant bias has become apparent to the point where it is quite obvious which contestants she liked and or didn’t like (e.g. Luke/Becks, Rachel etc and even Nadia/Jason from previous years). She was so bad last year that virtual all the messages boards I went to had something negative to say about her. There was even one person who got cut off from the BB radio station on the web because he wanted to raise the issue of her interview technique regarding Rachel. It’s a shame really because like I said I really enjoyed some of her interviews in the past (and even now). I’m not saying not to like or dislike a particular housemate because everyone has their preferences for certain people (myself included). It’s part and parcel of watching shows such as these. The difference is purely on a professional basis she is paid to do a job so she should be completely impartial. Period.

There’s always the debate as to whether this type of show should continue. Some of the events in the past such as the fight between Victor/Emma, Jason/Nadia, Szar/Richard, Shippla and the “three witches” etc have generated a lot of complaints from some of the viewers that have put pressure on Endomol and Channel4 to stop broadcasting. Some of the complaints raised a valid argument and that is the way some of the contestants had conducted themselves is not the type of role model behaviour you would want and is also setting a very bad example for some of the younger viewers. However the counter to this is that some of this behaviour has highlighted and exposed some very important issues such as the whole racism debate with Shippla (which made people pick up the phone and vote for her to win because they were against racism even though she got booed at the start). Also when Nadia won she finally gained acceptance as being recognised as female. So you could argue that it’s also a good thing.

I’m not really sure how I feel…

Slade I agree with you about Davina.

She has become so biased in the last couple of seasons, which isnt acceptable.

She treated Rachel like trash to be honest, and there was uproar on all forums after her behaviour on Big Brothers Big Mouth.Davina made Rachel feel uncomfortable by suggesting she give the money away which was not fair.She was better in this years CBB. She loved Luke and Bex which was so obvious because she treated them like celebrities at their evictions. I hated Luke and Bex might I mention.

Davian was so unproffessional and presenters arent supposed to take their personal feelings into account when presenting.She even said in an interview she felt that Mikey was rpbbedof the title but Davian , Rachel got more votes than Mikey at the end of the day so tough on her

I think BB has had its day really. I did watch about four series on and off, but then I got bored, so its not like I don't know what they are like. It was a big innovation when it started but now there are so many more and better reality shows around. And how long are these reality shows going to go on? They've been done to death really :unsure:

I wouldnt believe a word from the Daily Star. I hope it is not true though. BB takes up my whole summer!! The best year was the year Nadia won. They gave them drink 24/7 and there was chaos over all the drunken fights! Then after fight night they started limiting the booze and it hasnt been as fun since!

It is blatantly obvious when Davina doesnt like somebody. Sometimes I cant stand her but then I think who else could present it? I couldnt imagine anyone else in her role.

I wouldnt believe a word from the Daily Star. I hope it is not true though. BB takes up my whole summer!! The best year was the year Nadia won. They gave them drink 24/7 and there was chaos over all the drunken fights! Then after fight night they started limiting the booze and it hasnt been as fun since!

It is blatantly obvious when Davina doesnt like somebody. Sometimes I cant stand her but then I think who else could present it? I couldnt imagine anyone else in her role.

Yeah that was a brilliant series , who can forget fight night !!It was a huge pity Emma got thrown out though. We have never seen unedited footage of the fight , I would love to see it.

They always got loads of drink up until BB 6 , I remember BB 3 was really drink fuelled , Johnny and poor Kate loves her drink :lol: she was so pissed :lol:

Like how you said Davina - cant live with her , cant live without her

Yeah it should have been Victor thrown out not Emma. It was so funny when Michelle and Emma's heads were on the table!

:lol: Jason and Victor were gutted when they realised they were back.

That night was amazing!!There is uncut version on youtube but when something violent happens they camera cuts to the garden but you can hear everything being smashed up :lol:

There was a very tense scene in the bathroom as well when Nadia went to see was Shell alright and Vanessa screamed "f*** off" at her :lol:

But the best part was when Victor threw an empty food tray at Emmas head and she went nuts , she picked up the tray and battered him with it :lol: then cuts to the garden and you can hear plates being smashed and everything :lol:

Archived