Tammin Sursok & Nolan Funk: Spectacular Signers

Guest Eli

As you probably already know, Tammin's big movie, Spectacular! premieres tomorrow (I've seen the trailers, and it's looking surprisingly promising!) and she's certainly getting her share of press coverage. Saw this article on JustJared and thought I'd post it, not so much because of the news (because there aren't really any) but because the article also contains a lot of great new pictures of Tammin (link at the bottom of the article)

Tammin Sursok & Nolan Funk: Spectacular Signers

tammin-sursok-nolan-funk-sign.jpg

Spectacular! stars Nolan Gerard Funk and Tammin Sursok have a stack of posters to sign for their many fans at the Justice store on Saturday afternoon (February 14) in Garden City, New York.

The twosome star as Courtney and Nikko in the made-for-TV musical about a high school choir that is fading in popularity. A wannabe rock singer, Nikko is convinced to join the choir by Courtney in hopes of winning the upcoming competition and cash prize.

Spectacular! premieres on Monday, February 16th @ 8PM ET/PT on Nickelodeon.

Source: http://justjaredjr.buzznet.com/2009/02/14/...acular-signers/

I really hope Spectacular! is the start of bigger and better things for Tammin. As much as I hate anything High School Musical related (which Spectacular is obviously Nickelodeon's answer to), it could be a stepping stone to further success for her. Look at how Zac Efron's career has gone since he starred in HSM. Tammin has worked hard in the entertainment industry for quite a while now, so she's obviously ambitious, and I hope this is a success for her.

I agree! She's very talented if you ask me. Not a huge Dani Sutherland fan, but I don't think you can deny that Tammin did a good job playing her. She really has worked hard for this, and I hope this will be her big break into Hollywood as well. Like I said I've seen the trailers and heard some of the songs, and it's looking very promising. Not like it's going to be my new favourite movie, but like if you see it in perspective here, I think it's going to be a good tween film and a fair competition for HSM (especially if they decide to try and draaaag out the HSM concept with more movies, but without the old cast).

And I agree that you can compare this to Zac Efron's carreer. He got his small break (in lack of a better expression) on Summerland, along with Ryan Kwanten (hey, there's another one! Whaddaya know!) and didn't really get famous until he starred in HSM. Now Ryan's getting his bigger break with True Blood, and along with him I think Tammin has been one of the hardest working former H&A cast members in the US over the past five years, so I really hope this works out for her.

Archived