Character / Actor Discussion *new Changes*

Guest Skykat

We have been monitoring the situation and reviewing all of your comments and feedback and we have decided that whist home and away is off the air and the boards are quieter generally, we will trial taking this forum off moderator preview. This means you will no longer have to wait for your posts to appear.

However, this is not a decision we have taken lightly and this section of the board will be very heavily moderated. Any spam or innappropriate posts will be deleted. If we have to delete more than three of a member's posts that member will be put on moderator preview an this will apply to the whole board and not just the discussion section. If the situation reverts back to being out of hand then we will have to have a rethink and put the section back on mod preview, something I really don't want to do.

The hope is that this will stop the feeling that we're punishing everyone for the mistakes of a few, which was never our intention and we're hopeful that the past few weeks of having posts unapproved will mean that members now know what is or isn't acceptable. If you're not sure you can always PM a staff member to ask them to check your post for you.

I'm confident that the majority of our members are mature enough and by the large have enough respect for us to abide by our rules but I would please encourage any of our members who see posts that they feel are breaking our rules, whether that be spag, spam etc, to use the report post button and let us know.

I just want to thank our members for being so good over recent changes, whilst every change we make is with the best of intentions for the whole board, we're never going to please everybody and I want to thank everybody for giving the changes a go and feeding back to us. We do listen and take on what you guys have to say and hopefully you can appreciate where we're coming from.

The combined threads will be staying for the time being, the general consensus of the staff is that they are better suited to encouraging discussion rather than arguments but like as before, its not set in stone. I hope this will encourage more of our members back into that forum and I look forward to reading all your posts.

Please use this thread to feed back on the trial lifting of the moderatr preview and let us know what you think. :)

Great idea. It was such a pleasure to post and see it come up straight away( I get happy way to easily). And it seems to already be working really well since I came online and got to read a proper discussion in one of the threads.

^Agreed and already the Character/Discussion threads seem more active. Assuming things stay like this, I still feel the moderator preview was good because it encouraged people to word their posts more appropriately so hopefully a lot of posters will still be in that mindset.

I didn't come on here much and I never looked in the character/actor appreciation thread when it was like this before so I don't know how bad it got but thanks for taking it off mod preview :) It's nice to see my post come up straight away.

I would like to raise a point in regards to the Character Discussion threads and this is just a point not a complaint. I have noticed that people are still writing posts that contain spoilers to people outside the UK. I was under the impression that any UK spoilers inside these threads had to be specifically labelled with the appropriate tags. I currently watch the episodes at UK pace and now that this particular section of the forum has been more active over the course of the last week, I would like to feel that I could post there but don’t really want to keep seeing past references to episodes I haven’t even seen yet. I appreciate that it must be very difficult keeping track of the current UK and Australian episodes (especially to people who aren’t in the UK) but is there anything else you can suggest?

Thanks.

I would have thought that people outside of Australia went in there knowing there was a good chance of spoilers.I don't really think it's fair to expect Aussies not to talk about ep's we've just seen.As you said there's the spoiler tags,but i would have thought that would make it hard to follow discussion,and you'd likely stumble on spoilers accidently anyway.

Maybe a sub forum for Uk viewers would work?

Hmmm…perhaps it might be time for me to consider watching them at Australian pace as I believe the episodes are uploaded on a daily basis (unless I’m wrong). As it stands at the moment, I believe we are currently 4 weeks behind you guys and by the time you resume watching the episodes again, I believe we will be two weeks behind. Like I said it was just a point and not a complaint as such. And the only reason I mentioned it was because I remember one of the moderators telling people to keep to UK pace or else I wouldn’t have bothered. But I take your point.

Archived