Tachel Vs Adelle

Guest suzannelgnz

Tachel or Adelle...  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Tachel so please Tachel hardcore fans don't take this the wrong way but they have not exactly had a lot of crap thrown at them, unlike other couples on the show. Of course there was Jack's death, which is a huge thing to have to deal with and Tony not coping did cause some trouble, but other than that I don't remember too much drama affecting their relationship (unless you want to take into account Jazz trying to come in-between and giving Rachel some laxative and Tony leaving town and sleeping with Bridget because he thought Rachel had left with Hugh when she had in reality been kidnapped by Aden). Maybe I'm forgetting things, in which case I guess I'm just wrong, but all I'm trying to say is that it is easier to be in a stable relationship when everything is going fine most of the time.

As I said earlier, I do like Rachel and Tony, both together and individually, so mine is not an attempt to ignite this thread again, just an observation.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you that it's easier to be in a stable relationship when things are going well, definetely. And don't apologise for your opinion you're entitled to it :lol:

I think the main difference with Tachel's and Adelle's drama is that Tachel's is less obvious because it's more issues they've had to deal with, rather than physical drama. For example, Adelle have had to deal with big dramas such as Aden's past sexual abuse, Aden kidnapping Belle and them dealing with the aftermath of that, Belle having a relationship with Angelo, the developers attacking her and Aden having to support her and the drug abuse. With Tachel however their drama has been...less dramatic. They had the whole vasectomy reversal issue (which brought other storylines such as Tony cancelling the first wedding, their difficulties getting pregnant, Rachel not wanting Tony to go through with it etc,) the Joe cancer storyline and their different ideas about how that should be handled, Tony not discussing his feelings about Beth's death with Rachel as well as the Jack's death, Jazz interferring and Bridget/infidelity storyline as you mentioned.

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say :lol: but I guess I personally feel they've both had very different issues to deal with, I'm not sure if I believe that means Tachel have had an easier time of it but it's definetely an interesting point!

I get what you are trying to say Charmed60 and I actually agree. Tony and Rachel have had less dramatic yet very realistic issues and they've dealt with them together. Adelle have had more dramatic moments if not "tragic" ones. They've all resulted in excellent storylines but I would love for Adelle to go through a patch where they have less "physical" drama as you put it. We'll just have to wait and see where the writers take them.

Hope I don't ignite things here but it's interesting that when you think about it most of Aden and Belle's drama is self-created.Every time they've split up it's been because one or both of them has done something wrong and hurt the other one.It obviously wasn't Aden's fault that he was abused but the problems between him and Belle arose because his way of dealing with it was to turn on the girl he supposedly loved and call her every name under the sun, then to lock her in a shed and try to murder the person he held responsible in front of her.Similarly, although it was the result of circumstances that weren't entirely her fault, Belle chose to turn to drugs and lie to Aden and that was what caused the problems between them.

Tony and Rachel's storylines on the other hand have either seen them dealing with normal relationship problems such as having children by discussing them in a calm manner or an external problem caused by another character such as Jazz, Bridget or indeed Aden or Jack's death which they've managed to deal with without falling out.It may simply be because they're older and more experienced that they're able to deal with their problems in a more mature manner without making a drama out of a crisis but it makes them seem like a stronger couple.

This is now kind of turning into a character discussion thread! Maybe we should move to the right thread for this kind of discussion.

Aden did not call Belle every name under the sun and he did not deliberately chose to try and kill Larry in front of Belle. Circumstances took Belle there. I'm not saying it's nice to call your partner a skank and to subject her to watching you trying to kill your father but Aden had a breakdown and he had problems he was dealing with in the wrong manner, problems coming from within that had been bottled up for years and caused by someone else a long time ago. His abuse was not self-created and neither was the inevitable impact it had on his life.

Trying for a baby unsuccessfully is obviously a serious issue and it did put some strain on Tachel's relationship and I remember them fighting over the baby issue, not just talking calmly about it. They were strong enough not to break up though, I give you that.

I stand by what I stated earlier though: while both couples have had their fair share of drama, Adelle's drama has been more "dramatic". I don't think you can sit down and discuss calmly about having been abused as a child, about your father knowing that it was actually happening and not doing anything to prevent it or about the fact that you are now relying on drugs to function in everyday life's situations. And I don't think the consequences of having such problems are self-created.

In all fairness Aden's abuse storyline had nothing to do with Belle. Ok, I know they got together around that time we found out about it, and yeah, he confided in her, but its not as if it happened when they were together. Its more of problem Aden had than Adelle. I mean, Rachel was sexually abused too, but its not a problem 'Tachel' had if you get me. I dont know, I'm probably not making sense! :P

In all fairness Aden's abuse storyline had nothing to do with Belle.

Belle had nothing to do with the abuse itself because she was not even around when it was taking place. It's the consequences of the abuse that affected Belle too and therefore them as a couple: Aden not being able to bring sex into the relationship and Aden breaking down was all due to his past abuse which clearly had not been dealt with.

Rachel being raped in the past is equally serious, don't get me wrong, but it does not seem to have affected her relationship with Tony at all (or any of her previous on-screen relationships as a matter of fact). She must have had the right help and the right time and dealt with it better than Aden.

Anyway, I guess I've said all I needed to say on this subject and we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one :rolleyes: .

By the way, cicerid, you've just made the exact same point that I was trying to make before:It wasn't the fact Aden had been abused that hurt Belle and caused their relationship to break down, it was the way he chose to deal with it.His actions were not inevitable.If he'd chosen to get help sooner, and it was possible if not easy for him to do so, he wouldn't have turned on her the way he did and she wouldn't have had to watch him behaving in such a frightening manner.(And, for the umpteenth time, Aden's father didn't know his abuse was actually happening, he just knew it was likely.)

Archived