Neighbours Season Finale 2008

Guest Susan Kennedy

from Neighboursfans.com

Rumours are starting to come in in realtion to this year's season finale. Its states that:

mother and daugther, Libby and Susan Kennedy are heavily involved in this year's finale.

Someone deals with a illness (probably Harold Bishop or Susan Kennedy)

Someone goes missing (all of the parker family I hope!)

Happy times being upset by someone throwing a spanner in the works ( Lucas?)

Nothing major like explosions, fires etc this year - which is a good change, making this year more character-oriented and genuine.

discuss here.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

from Neighboursfans.com

Nothing major like explosions, fires etc this year - which is a good change, making this year more character-oriented and genuine.

Unfortunately, 'character oriented' and 'genuine' isn't set in stone. H&A's 2005 + 2007 finale's didn't have any major disasters or deaths, but I rate them as the worst finales the show has ever done, no disasters doesn't guarantee a 'heartwarming' episode is all I'm saying :P. I don't like the sound of 'someone going missing' because the first person that springs to mind is Mickey, if its anyone but him on one of his little adventures, it's probably a kidnapping, and kidnappings' suck, especially with adults. :ph34r:

However, I love the sound of the illness (most likely to be Harold), that should be quite emotional, and whenever shock 'illnesses' feature in finales, they usually present one of the uglier symptoms. Maybe Harold will walk into his kitchen and see Madge? :P Seeing Madge as a side effect would be a pretty nostalgaic way of writing out Harold, but they'd have to avoid making it too much like Alf and Ailsa.

I know its petty much confirmed that Harold wll get ill, but what exactly is it, his disease?

I know its petty much confirmed that Harold wll get ill, but what exactly is it, his disease?

Harold gets diagnosed with prostate cancer according to a recent interview with Ian Smith, the good news is that he confirmed that Harold won't die from it.

• 1 month later...

I don't know full details but the finale involves water and a raft and is similar to the film 'Into The Wild'

A plot summary for 'Into The Wild' from Wikipedia says:

Into the Wild recounts the life of Christopher McCandless, an actual student-athlete at Emory University, as told by his sympathetic sister. In response to his parents, whom McCandless perceives as materialistic, manipulative, and domineering, McCandless destroys all of his credit cards and identification documents, donates $24,000 (nearly his entire savings) to Oxfam, and sets out on a cross-country drive in his well-used but reliable Datsun towards his ultimate goal: to live alone and in the land between Alaska. Along the way, he leaves his automobile in the course of a flash flood, to hitchhike his way there after burning the remainder of his dwindling cash supply. Taking an unintentionally[citation needed] circuitous route, he encounters many unconventional individuals on his itinerary, such as a group of hippies, a farm owner (Vince Vaughn), and a lonely leather worker who offers to adopt and be a grandfather to Christopher (Hal Holbrook), as he purposefully trudges onward to his final destination, arriving in the wilds of Alaska nearly two years after his initial departure. He starts living in a "Magic Bus" serving as a shelter for people walking in the area (though in the film there is nobody else). Resourceful, McCandless finds joy in living off the land, and begins to write a book of his adventures. Unfortunately, as the spring thaw arrives, he is cut off from civilization by waterways. As his food supply lessens, he resorts to eating plants. Although he consults a brought-along book about the edibility of plants, he confuses an edible and a poisonous kind, which shuts down his digestive system forcing him to starve to death. As he dies, he continues to write, detailing his painful demise as a dramatic denouement to his autobiography.

Work with that what you will. This is not fake :lol:

Archived