Neighbours Season Finale 2008

Guest Susan Kennedy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

it should be good tonight!

i wonder who dies? if any one dies?

i hate Kyle & his mates i hate the way Zeke acted last night that isn't him.

& Donna's little brother and sister come as well i heard that they give Elle a hard time! can't wait 4 this lol

Good, but it could have been a lot better. I think it would have been more effective ending at the end of the third act, with the camera underwater. But not as bad as last year, when they ended a whole episode too late. Also, they should have put Simon and Tegan arriving at No 22. closer to the end. It just didn't match the fantastic editing of the 1997 Season Final, or the exicitement of 2004. And it sure didn't compare to my own rafting experience.

I didn't really like the finale episode, which is a shame, because the weeks building upto it have been fantastic. The whole idea of the rafting disaster seems really pointless, we all know that if are gonna kill anyone off, it'll just be those two dweebs Zeke hangs around with. The whole rafting scenario is completely out of nowehere and totally irrelevant to anything else going on. Toadie and Callum sort of feels like that too, all this stuff about social services or whatever taking him away, just appeared for the finale....I didn't like it.

The episode last week with the 'lights' competition, the street party and Harold driving away was much more finale-like imo. Its such a shame that Neighbours and H&A, have to resort to these stupid, pointless, cheap looking, 'teen in danger' disasters to fill the cliffhanger quota after both having a very character driven year. Just why!?

Yeah, I know the Toadie/Callum thing has been going on for a while, but it seemed to have died down in the last few weeks, then it just re-appears in the finale episode. Why couldn't Harolds cancer or Libby and Dan's wedding been the focus of the finale? It was just complete randomness.

Yeah I suppose Home and Away did have a slightly better finale, purely because of Jack being killed, but it was really cheapened by the unnecessary, rushed formal disaster, which is quite literally one of the cheapest looking stunts I've seen them do. A main character being shot dead is enough!! There was absolutely no need for that, it pushed the episode into OTT territory.

Another thing, aswell as a rafting trip on boxing day, how the hell did Andrew manage to arrange it in two episodes!? It takes weeks of planning and even more weeks to get confirmation letter and payments from the parents. How ridiculous.

Yeah the rafting episode and storyline really is a let down and seems a bit sloppy, especially as the standard this year has been excellent - we had far more exciting or interesting episodes throughout the year.

Callum Todie didn't come out of the blue to me, things like this have been happening with social workers since her first arrived, so that was fine - but having it in the season finale as a a main storylines might not have been a good idea.

I personally dont like how they did Christmas this year, I just dont like how it was all set up, there was way to much going on, on Christmas and Boxing Day - when you compare it to the Christmas day episode in 1996, its totally rubbish. In 96 there was a get together to sing carols on Christmas Eve followed by a poignant Madge/Harold scene as they exchange gifts, then the whole family thing going on under the christmas tree in the morning, opening the presents etc Phil and Ruth storyline, funny Harold, Lou Madge antics... But yeah, I do like how the street Christmas lights thing comes up every year, its great.

Archived