One Too Many Faces....Should Life Be So Difficult?

Guest xmorrisonsx

Sorry for the late update. I have had so much art coursework to do and prepare for my exam in November! Eeeek! Ok so here is the first part of my flashback section. I thought It would be a good way to leave an interesting cliff hanger, and also write my own version of the way that the residents of summer bay arrived. I thought that this would be good fiction!

Roman:

Being back around his own environment was strange. He should be happy to be back with familiar surroundings, but it was all a distant memory from the months he spent away. He felt a sense of emotion wipe over him. He was happy to be home, to be safe. He felt proud of the fact he was still alive, but guilty and sad at the thought of Mark. No person should have to watch someone else die, it wasn’t normal. But he had to, there was no other way. The SAS was a life commitment. He knew that, but he didn’t realise how great the impact would be. How hard it was going to be to get his life back to the way it was. The one hope he clinged onto was to find his daughter Nicole.

---

Walking towards the large wooden door, Romans stomach fluttered with butterflies. Was this happening? He couldn’t help but feel scared at the thought of rejection. He was so occupied in the fact that he was finally meeting his daughter, and was already planning the many memories they will share together, that he hadn’t thought of the possibility of her not wanting to see him.

He tapped the brass door knock and waited.

An attractive blonde woman answered the door. She was quite tall, with curves in all the right places. Her eyes sparkled a bright emerald green, which went stone cold after seeing the face standing in front of her.

“Roman” was the only word that could be whispered through her dry mouth

Her words echoed in his ears. She looked as beautiful as he had remembered. Seeing her again was like a dream come true, a dream that he had only just remembered. Her face as beautiful as ever, and her figure was perfect.

“ Hi Natalie”

Pulling the door behind her, so only a jar of the inside of her house was to be seen, she spoke to Roman.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’ve come to see Nicole”

“Excuse me?! You mean, you’ve now decided to finally have something to do with her! I’m sorry Roman, but parenting doesn’t work like that!” She scolded, clearly angry by his reason

“I know that it’s a hard thing to take in, and you wont understand. I just realised things while in the war and its made me realise what I’ve missed. I want to make amends of the things wrong in my life, and that means finally being the father that Nicole deserves”

“ You mean you left the SAS?” she asked

“ Yeah” he sighed, and Natalie noticed the sadness in his eyes

“What’s happened Roman?”

“Can I come in, I’d prefer to tell you inside”

Natalie and Roman first met each other when she was dating his best friend Mark. Mark was also a member of his recruit in the SAS. One thing led to another, and Roman and Natalie ended up having a one night stand, something that led to more bigger issues later on in both there lives; the announcement of her pregnancy.

---

Natalie tried to take in the news of Mark, but she just couldn’t believe it. Even though they hadn’t spoke in years, she had loved him a lot, and probably always would.

“I’m sorry, but that’s why I’ve came here. I want to make things right, and get to know my daughter” Roman said sympathetically.

He handed her a tissue from the tissue box close to him, but the moment was interrupted by the arrival of a teenager bounding down the stairs.

She skipped her way down the stairs, her hand grasping the wooden stair case. She was wearing purple skinny jeans, with black laced high heels. A white vest top that draped with black and silver beads. Her hair was mid length, straight and swaying as she bounced down the stairs.

Roman looked up to see who it was, and instantly he knew that this was his daughter Nicole.

I hope you liked it. The next flashback chapter will be about Nicole or Matilda. I haven’t quite decided yet. I wasn’t sure about the information on Nicole’s Mum, so I made it up. If you know anything please say so I can edit.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou so much for that information. I have now updated it!

I was wondering about the next chapter and I want you all to tell me which person you would like me to choose to write about next! It can be anyone you want, I just cant decide. I hate making decisions!

Wb please x x thanks x x

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating. Ive had so many exams to revise for I havent had any time. Im curretnyl trying to finish off the next part so should be up within a couple of days, depending how much more revision i can be bothered to do!

I was thinking of also bringing this fic to a close now as i dont have much time to do regular updates, and i think that once i get back to the explosion part there may only be two or three chapters to do and, and the storylines will all sort of come to an end. I hvaent made a final decision yet, just debating on it!

Thanks for the support!

xhannahx

Archived