One Too Many Faces....Should Life Be So Difficult?

Guest xmorrisonsx

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again for the support. I instantly wrote this chapter after chapter two. Found myself not being able to stop =) Just a short chapter of drelle/ adelle stuff. Hope you like reading it as much as I like to read yours!

Chapter Three:

Belle’s heart was pounding so loudly that her ears were ringing. She was completely stunned at who she was looking at. When she finally got over the shook of this familiar face, she managed to release her lips and whisper a polite…”Hey Drew”

Drew. Her ex. It was the hardest break up of her life so far. She loved him so much, but unfortunately things didn’t work out. It took her ages to get over him, and now he had showed up.

“You look…wow, just wow!” Drew said, admiring Belle “Your hair looks good”

Belle wondered whether to reply nicely with a ‘thanks’ or cut to what was really on her mind.

“Um…I’m sorry, but what are you doing here?” Belle finally spoke

“ Just like I remember. Haven’t lost your bitter touch have you? Well, if you must no, Amanda and Peter have gone away, so I thought I’d stay with Leah and catch up with Ric”

“ Oh right”

And awkward silence was happening. Neither Belle or Drew new what to say.

“ Well, I said I wouldn’t be long to Leah, so I guess I’ll see you around” and Drew walked away along the beach.

Belle stood motionless for a while. Had this just happened? It wasn’t until the cold breeze nipped her ear, that she remembered Aden. She turned her head towards the water and there stood Aden, looking back at her.

He had seen everything.

Belle quickly walked to him, worrying about what he was thinking. Aden was also walking quickly out of the water, but not to her. He avoided her direction and jogged to the spot where he left his shirt. Belle followed.

“Aden, I’m sorry”

“ What for? I mean, its Drew and you. That’s all its every been about hasn’t it” His temper was forcing Belle to feel extremely guilty.

“Aden, its not like that. You know it isn’t. We just bumped into each other, I couldn’t exactly not say anything”

“ Well you seemed to completely forget about me” Aden ignored Belles touch on the arm and walked towards the exit of the beach. Belle followed adamant for him to listen to her side of the story.

“Aden, why are you getting so upset? Nothing happened. I literally said 2 sentences to him. Just stop and talk will you…” She grabbed his arm and held it firmly, letting him know she was sorry and wanted everything to be fine between them.

Aden sighed. “ I’m sorry, but you got to understand, from where I was standing, I had no idea. And he is your ex”

“Exactly and ex. I don’t feel the way I felt for him anymore. I’m with you and nothings going to change that. In fact, I was thinking that, well, if things keep going ok, of maybe telling people about us”

Aden didn’t say anything. He just kissed her passionately. That was all he needed to say.

A shout out to all that have read my fic so far. Its an amazing feeling that people like what you write. I am now going to treat you with a few good chapters which hope will keep you on the edge of your seats! =) x Hannah x

Chapter Four:

The evening chill swept through Summer Bay. Aden walked along the main road leading to Roman’s house, where he was living. It had been an eventful day with to many emotions for his liking. Even though Belle reassured him that there was nothing between her and Drew anymore, he was still having worrying thoughts.

With all the thinking that he was doing, he didn’t realise where he was walking. The crossroads where he was meant to turn right, he went left.

A couple minutes of walking the wrong way, and Aden finally realised. He turned around and started his extra long walk back home, when a car headlight blinded him. He had to stop and put his hand up to his forehead to cover his eyes from the bright lights ahead.

The car was a lightish colour. It began to swerve around on the road. Aden moved in to the hedge, cautious of where the car was heading. It wasn’t until the car got closer that Aden recognised it. Unaware of another car travelling up the opposite side of the road, Aden was confused on why this person was out so late?

The two cars crossed each other, both skidded of the road. One care went to the right, straight into the bushes. The other did a complete 360 rotation, and lied motionless in the middle of the road. Aden was stunned at the events that had just happened. He immediately went to the car that he recognised, the car which was in the middle of the road. He wrenched open the drivers door and spoke to the driver.

“ Nicole, Nicole!” she lay still. Aden checked her pulse, but she soon began to stir.

Nicole groaned, “ Aden”

“Yeah, are you ok?”

Nicole’s eyes were fully opened. She seemed to be a bit groggy, but nothing was seriously wrong with her.

“ Let me help you” Aden held onto Nicole’s arm and pulled her out of the car. He held her up and walked into a clear space.

“Thanks, oh my god, what have I done?” Nicole was shocked to see the other car, lying in a ditch.

“ Hold on here, I’ll go help the other car passengers, they‘ll need an ambulance”

“ Aden, don’t!” She grasped his arm, forcing him to turn around “If you call an ambulance, the police will get involved. I could be charged”

“For what, it was an accident right?” Aden looked confused

Nicole’s guilt was spread across her face. She was on her way home from a night out with some guy she met while shopping in Yabby Creek that day. They had talked and he offered to take her to a party he was attending that night. She accepted. Had fun. Danced and had to many drinks. She then chose the wrong decision to drive home.

“ I went out, with this guy. We went to a party and…well…I had some drinks. Over the legal limit”

“What!” Aden’s forehead wrinkled up as he was shocked to what he was hearing

“Please Aden, please help me” Her sincere behaviour made Aden for some reason feel sorry for her, and he obliged to her request for help.

“Fine. But I’ve got to check no on was hurt Nicole” He walked to the car, looking up and down the road as he did so.

The car in the bushes was a light blue. Quite small, and very badly smashed up. The back lights glass was all over the place. As Aden approached the front of the car, he looked into the car window. A familiar face was pressed against it, blood trickling from there head.

The drivers body lay half way through the windscreen. They had been thrown from their car. Aden stumbled back. He couldn’t believe the bodies that lay before him.

x x x

Another chapter for this evening. Thought I wouldn’t leave you in suspense for to much longer

Chapter Four:

Aden’s heart melted as he stared at these familiar faces. Nicole was still waiting for him up by the road. She was beginning to worry even more when Aden hadn’t returned.

She decided to take a look for herself. She needed to know exactly what she has caused.

Her black high heels weren’t appropriate for trekking down into the aussie bushes. She slipped a bit, but finally saw Aden in her sight.

“Aden. Aden.” She looked into the car and saw what he was looking at

The distraught look on both of their faces made the situation even more real.

“What have you done Nicole?”

Matilda lay with her head pressed against the window. The deep gash on her fore head was releasing blood, which dripped down her face onto the window.

Her chest would rise and fall again and again. Aden and Nicole knew she was alive when they saw this.

Belle had been thrown from her seat onto the car bonnet.

Aden began to pull out his phone from his pocket and call for an ambulance.

“Aden, don’t!” Nicole lowered his hand from texting

“Nicole, you cant seriously expect me to do nothing here. They need help…quickly!

He finished dialling and then didn’t know what to do. Its always been told that you should never move any body who has been involved in an accident. All Aden could think about was is Belle ok? Is she alive?

He really did care for her and seeing her lying there not moving was killing him inside. All he wanted to do was pick her up and hug her forever.

The ambulance finally came. Fire services and police cars had pulled up. The operation to get Belle and Mattie out without causing any more injury. Aden just stood there as they rescued his girlfriend and her best friend from the wreck of a car.

Nicole was being breathalysed by the police. He knew she was going to be charged with drink driving.

----

Romans was at home with Charlie and Morag.

It was 8pm and they were having dinner when the phone rang.

“Who could that be I wonder?” Questioned Morag

Roman answered it

“Hello….What!!!” Romans voice made Charlie and Morag look on. “When did this happen?…Right ok, we’ll be there as soon as we can” Roman hung the phone up

“What’s wrong? Charlie asked

“That was the Aden. He’s at the hospital with Belle, Mattie and Nicole. There was an accident…and Nicole’s been charged with drink driving!”

----

There was a lot of commotion at the hospital. Aden and Irene sat in the waiting area.

The doors burst open and it was Roman, Morag and Charlie. Followed shortly by Ric, Tony and Alf

“What’s happened Aden?” asked Roman

“I was walking home and...they just crashed.”

“You mean, they wont all in the same car? Said Ric

“No, Nicole in hers and Belle and Mattie in Belle’s car” Aden eased of at the end of the sentence. He couldn’t bear to think the events through any more.

Nicole walked out after being checked by nurse Julie.

“Nicole, thanks god! What the hell have you done!” Roman flung his arms around her, angry, disappointed, but happy she’s ok

Rachel finally appeared to the group of residents who were waiting patiently.

“Please tell me there ok” Irene quivered, completely worried about Belle

“Ok, Matilda has had a head CT and other scans, and there was no sign of any bruising or bleeding. She’s got a few broken ribs and some nasty bumps and cuts, but she was extremely lucky.

“Can we see her yet?” Ric said

“Not yet, she’s still asleep, but soon”

“..and Belle?” Irene replied

“Belle’s condition is a bit more serious than we first thought. She had some internal bleeding caused by the impact at which she was thrown from her seat. A lot of pressure was forced on her chest causing severe bruising. We took her to theatre and manage to stop the bleeding for now, but she‘ll need to be monitored. We ordered some scans and they show that there is no brain damage or bruising so that’s good, but the right side of her face has got some deep cuts which could leave permanent scarring. We’ll be taking a better look at them when she wakes up”. Rachel finished

“Oh god” Irene was wobbly on her feet and had to sit for a minute.

“You may go and sit with her when she wakes up, but that could be in the morning because of the anaesthetic we’ve given her”

“Can I sit with her please?”

“Yes” and Rachel showed Irene the way.

Ric, Tony, Alf and Morag went to see Mattie, leaving Charlie, Roman, Nicole and Aden in the waiting area.

Aden was slumped in his seat by Nicole. Charlie went to talk to the police officers who were standing around, trying to find out the details.

“Nicole, how could you be so stupid!” Roman’s voice raised when he said each word. He couldn’t be in the same room and had to go out side.

Nicole followed, tears streaming form her eyes.

Aden just sat. A tear trickled from his eye down his cheek.

Next Time:

Is Belle left permanently disfigured?

What will Nicole do after being charged?

What stranger is lurking round about to reveal a secret?

Archived