Christina Applegate fighting cancer **now clear of cancer**

Guest Luc

Actress Christina Applegate, famed for playing ditzy daughter Kelly Bundy on TV comedy "Married With Children," is fighting breast cancer, but expected to make a full recovery, her spokeswoman said.

Applegate, 36, was diagnosed with cancer during a regular MRI, spokeswoman Ame Van Iden said in an email.

"Christina is following the recommended treatment of her doctors and will have a full recovery," Ms Van Iden said.

Applegate, whose mother battled both breast and cervical cancer, has been an advocate for breast cancer research.

She rose to fame in the 1980s on "Married With Children," won an Emmy for a guest role as Jennifer Aniston's sister on "Friends," and now plays an amnesiac in her own sitcom, "Samantha Who?"

Applegate is also still overcoming the death of her boyfriend in early July.

Applegate's cancer diagnosis was reported earlier by the Hollywood gossip TV show Extra.

SOURCE

A better article can be found HERE

Oh my God, that's so sad! I didn't even know about her boyfriend, I just knew about her mother and that she has been an advocate for breast cancer research. She's a great actress (one of my favourites) and she did a great job as both Amy on Friends and Jesse in her own sitcom with the same name, and I really hope she makes a full recovery!

I hope she makes a full recovery and i don't want to sound negative but isn't it a little irresponsible to say she WILL make a full recovery?How can they know that at this stage,everyone is different.Is likely would be better.

Really sad and scary too - she's not that old - I'm glad she caught it early and hope she gets better soon.

I heard she's still going to be appearing in a cancer awareness fundraiser on TV next month - good for her - and I hope some good can come out of this by raising awareness amongst other women.

I hope she makes a full recovery and i don't want to sound negative but isn't it a little irresponsible to say she WILL make a full recovery?

I wouldn't call it irresponsible at all. But, as far as I am aware, nobody in this thread has said that she WILL make a full recovery :wink:

Archived