Constant Teasing

Guest adelle

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... Oh My God... I just read this entire fic in two days, I'm hooked I didn't want to get out of bed I just wanted to read it all day!!!

I can't wait for an update, have to say I empathise with Belle thats the decision I would have made too.

Love this sooooo much!!!

Thanks for all the comments!! Next chapter after this is the last one :D

Chapter 64.

After what had been an emotionally charged morning, Aden retreated into his room to contemplate his future, university, Belle’s new job, where he would live, if uni involved moving to the city away from Summer Bay, and the possibility of not always having Belle by his side. Belle had gone to work for the afternoon, still adamant that turning down the job for the time being was the right thing to do. A part of Aden was happy that she wasn’t going away, but a part of him was sad that she was giving up on his dream for him.

There was a gentle knock on the door and Roman entered his room, beaming down at him.

“So I guess congratulations are in order” he said proudly as he held a small neatly wrapped box, a silver ribbon fixed to the top.

Aden smiled grimly, “What’s this?” he asked, “you didn’t have to get me anything…” Aden commented.

Roman demeanor softened, “In another lifetime, your father would have been able to tell you how proud he is of you. Your mother too.” Roman assured him as he handed him the package.

Aden took the box from Roman’s outstretched hand and carefully opened it.

Inside was an old leather watch, the dial still ticking around in perfect time. Aden looked up at Roman, intrigued.

“It’s just a little piece of history, my uncle’s watch” Roman hinted, “I know you’ve got a nice stash of money so getting you something expensive would have been pointless…”

“I don’t get it, why are you giving me your old uncle’s watch?” Aden asked.

“It’s a like a reminder, of how precious time is…I missed out on the first seventeen years of my daughter’s life, time I will never get back, all we can do is make the most of right now” Roman explained.

“Aden, you’ve come so far since you’ve moved in here and at the risk of sounding all parental and soppy, I’m really proud of you. Just don’t wait around for your life to happen to you, you gotta find something you love and do it, cause everything else is just background noise”

Aden smiled, “Thank you, for everything, I mean it…but I can’t take this, it should stay in your family, what about Nicole?”

Roman let out a small laugh, “You are family mate, whether you want to be or not…as for Nicole, I hardly think she would appreciate the sentiments of an old watch, so not her style”

Aden laughed, “Yeah good point…thank you”

“No worries mate, I gotta run, but we will crack open a bottle of bubbly later tonight, it’s not every day you get Dux of Summer Bay High” Roman remarked as he left Aden’s room, leaving him deep in thought.

After examining the watch carefully, which was obviously a family keepsake, he opened his bottom drawer and pulled out a large shoe box. Inside was an assortment of stuff Aden had collected over the years.

The largest being the leather bound photo album that Belle had given him with all the photo’s of his mother, there was a stack of photo’s of Belle and some with him in it as well which Aden had claimed as his, much to Belle’s dislike. He picked up a particular photo of Belle and smiled to himself, she was posing in an awkward position and smiling deviously.

“What ya got there?” Nicole butted in, as she entered his room without knocking or announcing her arrival.

“Oh yep, right I see that you still know how to knock…”Aden muttered casually as he placed the watch back into its box and into the shoe box.

“Ohh I see, you’re drooling over pictures of Belle, nice” she said as he parked herself on the edge of the bed, her stomach visible protruding, now only 4 months away from the baby’s arrival.

Aden scoffed, “That’s no way to address the Dux of the school thank you very much” he gloated as he, pushed the box over so Nicole could stretch her legs out.

“Oh whatever, that was totally a fluke, there is no way that a Dux could be this…” Nicole began.

“Attractive??” Aden offered.

Nicole laughed, “Yeah right, I’m pretty sure Geoff is the hottest guy in school” she taunted him.

“I would have to disagree with you there, Geoff doesn’t do it for me” Aden remarked, “anyway you’re the one having his child, not me.”

“Hmmmm” Nicole responded.

“So was there something you wanted, or do you just come here to snoop?” Aden asked.

“So what course are you going to do? Being Dux and all I suppose you can do anything you like, you going to be moving up to the city for uni or what?” Nicole asked curiously.

“I dunno” Aden replied honestly.

“What do you mean you don’t know? You’ve been going on about becoming some hot shot business man, and now you don’t know? What’s the deal?” Nicole demanded.

“It’s a little more complicated than that Nic, I have a couple of weeks to decide okay” Aden replied briskly.

“Well its simple really, you’re either going to uni, or you’re not…what’s there to think about?” Nicole inquired.

Aden sighed, “It’s Belle, I think she’s making a huge mistake” Aden confessed, “but I don’t know how to get through to her”

“Tell me about it, maybe I can help” Nicole offered.

After what had been a busy afternoon at the photograph shop Belle was on her way to Leah’s place to see Amanda. The sale had gone through on the house, and Amanda and Peter had decided to stay in the Bay for a couple more days to sort out the paper work.

As she entered the house, she was surprised to see two blondes with their heads together, having what looked like a serious conversation.

“I hope I’m not interrupting” Belle said loudly, announcing her arrival.

“Sweetheart! Of course not, Nicole and I were just having a little chat” Amanda said distractedly, “So how was work?”

“Yeah it was fine…” Belle said as Nicole got up of the couch.

“Well I better head off, big celebration at our place for the Dux and my attendance is required, and I’m pretty sure yours is too” Nicole said looking at Belle as she collected her purse from the table.

“Yeah I’ll be there, tell Aden I’ll be round in like half an hour okay” Belle replied as she sat down at the dining room table.

“Okay then, see you tonight!” Nicole said cheerfully as she pranced off, out the door.

Belle turned to Amanda, “Since when were you so friendly with Nicole?”

“Well since she showed up here asking for advise” Amanda said casually as she pottered around cleaning up the kitchen a bit.

“Advise about what?” Belle asked curiously.

“Oh you know, the whole pregnant teenager thing, apparently I’m an expert” Amanda replied casually.

“Okay then” Belle said, still unconvinced but too tired to wonder what Nicole was up to know.

“So I should probably get ready for this dinner thing, I suppose you heard that Aden got Dux of the school then?” Belle asked.

“Yeah I did, isn’t that wonderful!” Amanda exclaimed, “and I suppose he has you to thank for all the moral support, I hear you’ve both had a hell of a year”

“You’ve been talking to Coleen I gather” Belle said dismally.

Amanda laughed, “Some things never change do they!”

“I suppose so” Belle said, “So I’ve thought about it, and I’ve decided to put off the job for a while, just until things settle down a bit”

“Honey, are you sure that’s what you really want? What is there to settle down? I would have thought a new job would help you get back into the swing of things, take your mind off everything that has happened” Amanda pointed out.

“So you think I’m making a mistake?” Belle asked.

“No, I think you haven’t considered your options properly. Belle the only way you can move on with your life and make something of it is if you move on with your life…why are you letting a couple of wrong turns ruin your life? That stuff with Dom, Aden’s father, you father, its ancient history.” Amanda continued.

Belle sighed, “It’s not practical right now, Aden’s about to start his first year of uni and how are we still suppose to be there for each other if I’m constantly away? I thought I would never admit this about anyone, but the thought of being apart from him for long periods of time is unbearable. He’s not just my boyfriend, he is so much more. And then there is you and Jess, Ryan, I never had this kind of family, I just want to be around for everything.”

Amanda smiled knowingly as she patted Belle’s back reassuringly, “No matter where you are and what you are doing, you will always be a part of this family” Amanda said softly in a soothing voice.

“Thanks mum” Belle replied taking a deep breath, “anyways, I should probably go get ready for Aden’s party. I’ll come by tomorrow”

“Arlight, go on then, put on something gorgeous for that boyfriend of yours!” Amanda replied, grinning.

“Some things never change” Belle said smiling as she headed out the door.

Aden stared at Nicole in disbelief, leaning against his bed head.

“Are you sure?” he asked, “I mean, she hasn’t mentioned any of this to me…”

“Yes I’m sure and it makes perfect sense, well the way Amanda explained it anyway” Nicole assured him.

“I can’t believe I didn’t think of this myself!” Aden remarked as he sat on the edge of Nicole’s bed.

“Well, I’m not just a pretty face!” Nicole remarked.

“You are a genius Nicole, I actually think we can make this work!” Aden grinned happily.

“Now all you have to do is get the number of the contact from Belle, do you know if she’s put it in her phone yet?” Nicole asked.

Aden frowned, “I don’t know, she had the number on a business card in her back pocket”

Nicole smiled deviously, “Well I’m sure you’ll have no problem retrieving it then”

“Oh and you think she won’t notice me groping her butt trying to get the card out?” Aden asked skeptically.

“Not if you just make it look like you’re just groping her butt, it’s not like the two of you are shy about public displays of affection, how many times I’ve walked in on the two of you going at it…” Nicole pointed out.

Aden rolled his eyes, “Fine, I’ll do it, I just hope you know what you are doing, Belle is going to kill you when she finds out”

“Well that’s one of the benefits of being pregnant, she wouldn’t dare try anything!” Nicole gloated, “this bub is a free pass for interfering in other people’s business!”

Okay you did not just say that, you are seriously going to use your baby as protection?” Aden asked, slightly amused.

“Hey, this is your future I am helping, a little bit of appreciation would be nice!” Nicole declared.

“Okay, okay…but if this doesn’t work, I’m blaming you” Aden said, grinning back at her.

“Ooooooh I’m petrified!” Nicole replied sarcastically as she adjusted her position on the end of Aden’s bed.

Aden laughed, “Well then I could always tell Geoff about a certain incident that happened at birthing class” he hinted, waiting for her reaction, arms folded.

Nicole opened he eyes wide and glared at him, “You wouldn’t dare! You promised!!!” she whispered in a snarl as she stalked off, out of Aden’s bedroom.

Just then Belle entered Aden’s room wearing the strapless red dress she had worn at Jack and Martha’s engagement party, where they had both danced together for the first time.

Aden grinned at her and patted down on the bed next to him, indicating for her to join him.

“You know, it’s just a casual dinner, you didn’t need to get all dressed up” he told her.

“What? You don’t like it, well I can go home and change if you like?” she offered as she pretended to get up.

“Don’t be ridiculous, I was kidding…this dress, it’s definitely a keeper” he said grinning at her as he tucked her hair behind her ear.

“So what was Nicole all fired up about, I hope you haven’t been stirring her up again” Belle warned him.

“Nahh, don’t worry about it, she’s fine” Aden assured her.

“Well I she was at mum’s earlier, asking for pregnancy advice” Belle informed Aden, “it was rather…odd”

“Well the baby’s not too far away, and this is Nicole we are talking about…”

Belle let out a laugh, “She must be so scared, if it was me I would be…”

Aden nodded in agreement, “You know what, she’ll be fine…everything happens for a reason”

Belle smiled looking up at Aden, “So I got you something” as she reached for her bag and pulled out a small black box and handed it to her.

He opened it carefully and pulled out a black bracelet, made out of think black string. Aden smiled, “You made this?” he asked.

“Yeah” she replied softly as she took it from him and wrapped it around his wrist, fastening the ends together.

“I love it” he said, grinning back at her.

“Good” she said as she kissed him softly on the cheek.

Aden kissed her back on the lips, as she wrapped her arms hurriedly around his neck, pulling herself closer to him.

Aden pulled back slightly, “You hands are shaking…you nervous?” he asked so softly that it came out a whisper.

She smiled shyly, “Maybe a little”

Aden looked at her questioningly as he examined her face closely.

“It’s just, everything is going to change now, isn’t it?” she asked.

“Yeah it is” he began slowly, “but right now, we’re here, together…and that’s all that matters”

Belle smiled and nodded, “That’s all that matters” she repeated as she kissed him on the tip of his nose.

Aden grinned, “ I remember the first time you wore this dress, you were so hot for me that night” he whispered.

Belle let out a small laugh, “You know, sometimes I still can’t believe it”

“What?”

“A year ago, I would have never imagined myself lying on Aden Jefferies bed, making out with him AND actually enjoying it” Belle confessed, biting her bottom lip.

Aden smiled, “I imagined it, but the reality is so much better” he whispered as he kissed her again.

Aw... That last line :wub:

Loved the whole chapter! I really hope that Belle takes the job, but I don't want anything to appen to the two of them! Argh, I'm so confused as to what I want! :lol:

Cannot believe it's almost to the end. I'm gonna be so upset when it finishes! This fic started on the day I became a member here... I still remember! :(

Update soon please!

xoxo

Archived