Constant Teasing

Guest adelle

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! Another chappie! :):P

So glad that Amanda and the baby are ok! Such a gorgeous name too! :D

Lol at Belle forgetting to call Drew. And at Aden having to call him now... I wonder what that conversation would be like!

I'm happy that Belle's going to try and be more part of the family now. I would love to see Aden babysitting!

Cannot wait for more!

xoxo

* squeals* You updated!!!!

Loved the name for Amanda's baby! I'm glad they are both okay! hehe that Belle forgot to phone Drew :P

Cant wait to see what the conversation they have, and I agree with Tanyia I would love to see Aden babysitting!!! :lol:

Update soon

xxx

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I really really appreciate it :D

I'm going to try and update more regularly from now, if you just keep bugging me I will update as I'm on hols and have nothing better to do :D

Chapter 61.

Drew was just pulling up the driveway after a day of fishing out with the boys, he lazily walked up the front stairs ready to endure Amanda’s wrath for being so late. He didn’t bother to hurry home, he figured anything that Amanda would dish out wasn’t nearly as bad as watching Belle getting all cosy with Aden Jefferies. He wasn’t sure if it was jealously or protectiveness over Belle that made him feel uneasy about Aden, but ever since they had both shown up on their doorstep and welcomed into the family home, a sinking feeling erupted in his stomach.

He opened the door only to find the house completely deserted. Before he had time to go round the back, he phone started buzzing in his pocket, flipping it open he saw it was Belle calling.

“Taylor, where is everyone?” he answered casually.

“Ehh Hey, everyone is at the hospital, Amanda’s had her baby, you should come down.” Aden replied with a forced politeness.

“Oh right, and why are you telling me this? Where is dad?” Drew asked, becoming annoyed.

“Ahhh, as far as I know your dad is with Amanda and the baby. Belle and Ryan are here too… I’ll let them fill you in the details…you should probably get down here soon” Aden continued, maintaining composure for Belle’s sake.

“Fine, I’m on my way.” Drew said quickly as he hung up the phone, heading back out to his car.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” Belle asked as she slowly entered Amanda’s room.

“I’m doing okay honey, nothing for you to worry about” Amanda assured Belle. “Hey, don’t look so scared, all these machines make it look a lot worse than it is” Amanda continued as she gestured to all the equipment and the heart monitor in the room.

“I’ve never liked hospitals much” Belle admitted as she sat down in the seat next to the bed. “So Jessica, she’s gorgeous!”

“Both my girls are gorgeous” Amanda replied sincerely as she took Belle’s hand. “Everything that’s happened, it’s made me realize how important my family is, I never meant to hurt you Belle and I’m sorry-“

“No” Belle cut her off. “I don’t want you to say you’re sorry or that you never meant to hurt me, I already know that mum…let’s just leave the past in the past.”

Amanda gave a weak smile, “I’m so happy you are here” she told her.

Belle returned the smile, “Yeah, me too.”

“You should get some rest, I’ll come by later” Belle finished as she started to get up.

“Belle wait, I’ve been thinking…” Amanda started as Belle turned around curiously.

“I meant what I said the other day, when I said I wanted you to be around, to live near us and be a part of your sister and our lives” Amanda began hesitantly.

“Mum, we talked about this remember, I can’t leave Summer Bay to come and stay with you, I’ve got-” Belle replied.

“No no, I’m not asking you to, that’s not what I meant, I was thinking, I’d like to move back to Summer Bay, with Peter and Ryan and Jess” Amanda said hastily, not wanting to bring up their previous argument which almost destroyed their relationship.

“Ohh really? I had no idea you were considering it, I mean you’ve got the house all set up and the nursery…I don’t expect you to move your whole family for me” Belle replied.

“It’s just real estate and furniture, and it’s not the same without you, our family isn’t whole without you” Amanda insisted.

Belle smiled, “Yes I know, but it’s a lot to ask for, what about Drew, and Peter’s job? Ryan’s school? What about getting a house organized? All of this with a newborn?” Belle stated pragmatically.

“Yes, and we can get it all sorted, Drew’s planning on moving out soon anyway, Peter doesn’t mind his old job and Ryan misses his friends from Summer Bay anyway…it will be good for VJ and Leah as well, I’ve thought this through Belle and it seems like the right thing to do, for everyone. Whatever it is, we will sort it out”

“Well it sounds like you’ve made up your mind then” Belle said grinning slightly.

“Yes I have, you’re alright with this aren’t you?” Amanda asked.

“Are you kidding? I’d love that, seriously I think it will be great! I came to Summer Bay to find you and it’s not the same without you all there” Belle concluded.

“Well that’s settled then” Amanda finished.

Belle nodded, “Well I’ll let you get some rest and I’ll come by tomorrow morning then”

“Bye sweetheart” Amanda said softly.

It had been a long day, a very long day, which fortunately ended with a relatively joyful mood and a tiny bundle of pink named Jessica. Well all was joyful except for one. Drew sat at the kitchen bench sulkily pushing his dinner around with his fork.

“Drew, I think considering the circumstances you should just let it go, Amanda and Jess are doing great, which is the main thing” Peter said diplomatically.

“That is not the point!” Drew argued, “No one bothered to tell me, no one called!!”

“Well there was a lot going on at the time!” Belle replied defensively. “And anyway Aden called you and told you didn’t he!”

“Yeah, well you could have at least called me yourself, you didn’t need to make your toyboy do your dirty work for you”

Aden looked as though he was going to say something back, but Belle stopped him with a warning look, which assured him that she could handle Drew.

“Alright, Drew I understand that you are upset, but I think you are overreacting! It was your choice not to spend the day with the family when Amanda specifically told you that we were having Belle and Aden over and your attendance was required, you’ve only got yourself to blame for being out of the loop” Peter said firmly.

Belle smirked victoriously as Drew got up, dumped his plate in the sink and headed upstairs to his room.

“Goodnight!!” she called out to him, only to get a mumbled incoherent response.

“Don’t worry about him, he’ll come around. I think he just likes to have a reason to complain these days.” Peter assured them both as he began clearing up the dishes.

Belle just shrugged, “I think I’m going to head to bed, it’s been a long day, thanks again for dinner Peter” she said.

“No worries” he said, “I’m going to head back to the hospital in a while, can you make sure Ryan is ready for bed too?”

“Yeah, sure” Belle replied.

“Night” Aden said as he followed Belle up the stairs.

Belle emerged out of the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom, drying her hair with her towel and quickly slipping on her top sitting on the edge of the bed. Aden who was lying down, sat up and crawled over until he was lying beside her.

“So you got more than what you bargained for on this trip” he commented.

“You could say that” Belle replied candidly.

“Hmmmm what do you mean?” Aden asked as he sat up slightly, leaning against his arm.

“When I went to see Amanda she said some things, and…” Belle began as she combed her fingers through her damp hair, untangling the knots.

“She didn’t say anything to upset you, did she?” Aden asked.

“No no, nothing like that, she told me that she is moving back to Summer Bay, like the whole family, Peter, Ryan, and the bub”

“And Drew?” Aden asked slightly put off by the idea of having Drew around again.

“No, I don’t think Drew is coming, and by the way he was acting today, I doubt he would want to” Belle replied. “Why, you weren’t worried about him living near us were you?”

“No of course not, he’s just been acting a bit weird around us both, there is something up with him” Aden said suspiciously.

“Well of course it’s going to be weird, with us both staying here” Belle replied.

“But I thought that the two of you had sorted everything out, what happened to the brother sister thing you had going on?” Aden asked.

“Ummm okay, where is this coming from, he didn’t say something to you, did he?” Belle asked.

“No, well not exactly” Aden began.

“Aden, I’m not a mind reader” Belle prompted him.

“It’s nothing really” Aden assured her, starting to regret bringing the topic of Drew up.

“Aden” Belle said knowingly, turning around to face him.

“He still calls you Taylor, I just think it’s weird, he only used to call you that when you were together” Aden said.

Belle smiled.

“Don’t laugh at me!!” Aden reprimanded.

“No, I’m not laughing at you.” Belle assured him.

“It’s just a nickname, it doesn’t mean anything, you know that the only feelings I have for him are pity, anything else is long gone!” Belle continued.

“Yeah, I know that, I’m not saying that I don’t trust you or that I’m insecure, it’s just we’ve never done that.”

“Done what exactly?” Belle asked, slightly confused where Aden was going with this.

“The whole nickname thing…” Aden said, realizing how stupid his concern was as soon as he had said it out loud.

Belle smiled understandingly.

“That’s because our relationship is different, and I really don’t care what you call me as long as you are still calling me” she said simply.

Aden grinned, “Oh okay, so if I were to call you my low grade stripper, you wouldn’t mind?” he teased.

Belle gave him a dangerous look and Aden knew he was in for it, immediately regretting his choice of words.

“Yeah okay, didn’t think so” he said quickly.

“I don’t so much mind the stripper part, it’s the low grade part I take issue with” she said coolly.

“Of course babe, you are definitely top quality” he quipped, his trademark grin plastered across his face.

Belle raised her eyebrows and Aden knew he was yet to be forgiven.

“Oh come on, it was just a joke!” Aden replied, “You said you wouldn’t care whatever I called you!”

“Out of all the things you could have said, low grade stripper was the first that came to mind?” She asked dangerously.

“Have we not just established that you are not in fact ‘low grade”? Aden replied as he sat up slightly.

“Hmmmm” Belle said as she tossed the towel on the back of the chair next to the bed.

“Oh I see what this is” Aden said knowingly.

“What is what?” Belle asked.

“You want me to romance you, and tell you how great you are! That's the only reason you are pretending to be offended!" he accused her.

"Well did it work?" she asked with a devious grin on her face.

“Hmmm, well Ryan’s fast asleep in the other side of the house and Drew went with Peter back to the hospital, so we pretty much have the house to ourselves…” he said.

“Yeah there is one problem” Belle began.

“And what’s that?” Aden asked, leaning closer until his face was inches away from hers, brushing her damp hair away from her face.

“I’m still in love with Drew” Belle said, her expression blunt.

Aden’s face fell for a second, until he caught on, “You are a horrible, horrible person” he concluded.

“We’re even now” she said smiling.

“Yeah, and you just killed the mood!” Aden said grumpily.

“Aww, now look whose sulking” Belle said is a sickly sweet voice.

She leaned over and kissed him gently, “That better?” she asked.

“Hmmm”

“Aden”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you for coming with me, I know this isn’t exactly your idea of a weekend away” she said softly.

“Anytime”

“I have a baby sister”

“Yeah, you do”

“And my mum is coming home”

“And you’re okay with that?” Aden asked.

“Yeah, I’m more than okay with it” she said.

“What did I tell you, second chance” he said softly.

“Mmmmm I’ll try not to screw it up this time” Belle decided.

“Well, I’ll be there right with you, to make sure that doesn’t happen” he assured her.

Belle smiled and kissed him again, deepening it and rolling over on top of him.

“I knew you wanted me bad” Aden whispered.

Belle giggled, “Hmmm well, what can I say, you’re the only person who can charm his way around calling his girlfriend a stripper”

“It’s a gift” Aden told her softly as he kissed her again, pulling her closer.

Archived