Constant Teasing

Guest adelle

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So finally an update! Thanks for being so patient :D I'm still getting back into the fic writing swing so I'm not sure about this chapter, let me know what you think :)

Chapter 60.

She hated hospitals, from the smell to the the pristine pale white walls and the doctors and medical staff who seemed to speak a different language. No matter how many times the nurses had explained to Belle what was going on, she still had no idea whether Amanda and the baby were okay.

She suddenly felt a cool breeze as the doors to emergency waiting room opened and a frantic looking Peter entered with Ryan and Aden in tow, still donning their footy gear. On came the onslaught of questions, none of which Belle could return a coherent answer to. Frustrated by Belle’s vagueness Peter rushed off to talk to the doctors and the nurse in charge as Aden placed a supportive hand on her back, rubbing small circles acknowledging it was best not to say anything. Taking a deep breath Belle pulled a teary Ryan into a hug, comforting him the best she could.

“Is mum going to be okay?” Ryan asked in a soft voice.

“She has to be” Belle replied simply. “She promised me she would be there for me, for us all, so dying is not an option” she began, determined to believe what she was saying.

Aden gave a weak smile. “Your mum will be fine, if I’ve learnt anything about women, it would be that they are stubborn as hell and won’t stop until they get what they want. Well these women anyway” he added, nodding in Belle’s direction.

Belle gave a soft chuckle as she leant against Aden, who was now seated next to her, her head resting on his shoulder as he breathed her in.

After what seemed like hours, Peter emerged holding a preciously wrapped bundle, a wide grin plastered across his face. Belle stared in amazement at her baby sister, who was studying her face closely with an intense seriousness, her tiny nose scrunched up. Her eyes were wide and a curious shade of brown, just like Belle’s with tuffs of light blonde hair like her mothers.

“Amanda’s doing well, her labour was a little complicated to start off with, but docs did an amazing job.” Peter assured Belle, whose expression softened with relief. “You can see her in a bit, she’s resting now”

“A name?” She asked.

“Jessica, Jessica Isabelle Vale Baker” Peter replied proudly. “We should probably get her back to her crib” Peter said as Ryan followed excitedly, intrigued by his baby sister.

Belle couldn’t wipe the smile of her face as she turned to Aden. “Isn’t she gorgeous!” Belle proclaimed.

“Nahh, I’ve seen cuter” Aden replied casually.

“Aden!” She replied as she playfully nudged him.

“What, I’ve seen your baby pics, you were heaps cuter!! You were definitely a looker, still are actually” He expressed sincerely.

Belle ignored this, but couldn’t help but smile. “Jess, Jessica Isabelle Vale Baker”

“A mouthful isn’t it?” Aden asked, “ I do like the Isabelle bit though, with the Belle in it”

Belle smiled, she never expected her mother to name her child after Belle, but was oddly happy at the thought. Despite the initial shock of nearly loosing Amanda and the baby that afternoon, Belle had never felt more a part of her family than ever before.

“I never thought I would say this, but I’m really excited about having-” Belle began.

Aden cut her off, “Oh God, don’t tell me you want a kid now…”

“No you idiot, I’m excited about having a baby sister, we can come up ad babysit and all that fun stuff”

“Fun stuff? Since when was changing nappies and putting a screaming baby to sleep fun?” Aden asked incredulously.

“You are such a boy” Belle remarked. “Don’t say it” she added.

“Aw, too easy babe” he replied, grinning.

“So are you going to see Amanda or what?” Aden asked, his expression changing to a more serious one.

“Yeah, I’m just-“

“Belle”

“Yeah?”

“She would never blame you for anything that could or couldn’t have happened, it wasn’t your fault!” Aden assured her, “Pregnant chicks go into labour in all sorts of places, and I think Amanda was damn lucky you were there for her!”

“But I should have known something was wrong, but…I guess I don’t know her as well as I should…she’s my mum Aden, I couldn’t even tell that she was in trouble until it was too late!”

“Now who’s being an idiot!” Aden replied softy, letting out a soft laugh.

“I’m being serious Aden! Something bad could have happened!!” Belle replied furiously.

“Yeah, and I’m being serious too! Amanda is okay and so is her baby, now here is your chance to make up for all the time you missed out. You’ve got a second chance to play happy families with Amanda and everyone, and you’re lucky, not a lot of people get that kind of a chance to start over!!” He emphasized, trying to get through to Belle.

“Aden, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to-“ she began.

“No, its alright…look what happened with Dad and I. We both screwed up and now we will never get that chance, I just don’t want to see you make the same mistake. I know I’m not the biggest fan of Amanda, but she is your mother and for what it’s worth, it’s better than having nothing.”

“I know” she whispered softly.

“Oh God!!” Belle suddenly said as a horrifying looked crossed her face.

“What, what is it?” Aden began, startled.

“Drew!!” Belle exclaimed. “Crap, I forgot to call Drew and tell him, I mean Peter was the first person I thought when we got to the hospital, Drew never entered my mind…he has no idea Amanda has had the baby or about the fall she had!!”

Aden laughed, relieved it wasn’t anything more serious.

“Aden it’s not funny!! He is going to be furious when he finds out” Belle muttered.

“Belle, Belle okay calm down, I doubt he will be, if anything he will be glad that he didn’t have to spend all this time waiting around a hospital worrying about Amanda. To be honest you did the guy a favour!” Aden explained.

Belle still not convinced pulled out her phone and contemplated ringing him, but was interrupted by a nurse.

“Excuse me, Belle is it? You mother would like to see, you she is asking for you, right this way when you are ready” the nurse said politely.

Aden sighed, “Look you go and see Amanda and I will ring Drew and fill him in okay?”

“Do you really think that’s a good idea?” Belle asked carefully.

“Why not? It’s not like I’m going to give him grief, I’ll just call him and let him know what’s happening, but you should go and see Amanda now” Aden reminded her.

“Yeah, okay” Belle agreed looking up at him.

“I’ll be right here if you need me” Aden said before she could say anything.

Belle smiled and nodded her head, as she followed the nurse through the swinging doors towards the maternity ward.

Aden watched her go until she disappeared from sight and the flicked through the phonebook on Belle's phone until he found Drew’s number and pressed call.

It's good to see Belle finally warming up to Amanda in this fic. And Aden putting his own opinions about Amanda aside because he can see that it would be good for Belle to have her mother in her life.

So glad both Amanda and the baby are okay.

Archived