Decided to post it sooner than I thought. :P

Story Title: Dangerous Games

Type of story: Long Fic

Main Characters: Aden, Belle, Mattie, Ric, Nicole, Drew

BTTB rating: T

Does story include spoilers: No

Is story being proof read: No

Any warnings: (SC)(L)

Summary: Nicole is the new girl in Summer Bay. Which guy will she try to dig her claws into?

Chapter 1

A blonde-haired teenage girl drove into the Bay in her red convertible. It was her first time in the Bay and she did not know where she was going. She pulled over at the side of the long road and got out. She stared at the sky. The sun was shining high in the sky. The heat from it was almost unbearable. She was so hot in her tight black skinny jeans and blue strapless top. She looked around trying to find someone that would help her. Any single man that would have past her would have offered to help. Who wouldn’t? She was very beautiful and could have been easily a supermodel. She was tall, had longs legs that went on forever and a sense of innocence came from her. Yet, this girl was far from innocent. She was devious. She always got what and who she wanted. She saw a young man walking down the road. He had his t-shirt thrown over his shoulders and the sweat, caused by the heat of the sun, was pouring off him.

“I like..” she grinned.

She began walking up the road to him. As they got closer to each other, she realised how sexy his body was up close, never mind from a far. He had great muscles which would keep her very happy.

“Excuse me?” she said in a sweet and innocent tone.

“Yes, can I help you?” the guy asked.

“Em, yes, maybe you could. I‘m looking for my father, Roman Harris. I’m his daughter, Nicole.” she replied.

“Hm, I didn‘t know Roman had a daughter. He works in the diner. Just go down the road and you will not miss it. There is a sign outside the place.” the guy answered back.

“Oh, thank you.” Nicole smiled. “What is your name?”

“Ric. Ric Dalby” he said and continued to walk on past Nicole’s car.

“Hm. Ric…” she said to herself as she stared at him walking away. She ran back to her car. She past Ric in the car, beeped the horn, smiled and waved to him. He smiled back and waved also. “You are fine!!” she thought.

As she continued on down the road, she looked around. This was nothing like what she called home. She was used to million dollar homes, swimming pools in gardens, designer shops and fancy cars. Not a small little town with a diner in it. After all, she did live in Warrington Heights which was Australia’s answer with Beverly Hills. Some of Australia’s finest movie stars owned homes where she lived. One thing that Warrington Heights didn’t have was a beach.

Nicole pulled into the diner’s car park and got out of her car. She took of her sunglasses and looked at the beach. It was a beautiful day so no doubt the beach would be packed with people. Her eyes focused on a person on his surfboard in the water. He was excellent on the surfboard. Sure he would be excellent at a many other things, Nicole thought. After a few minutes, he got out of the water. A girl ran down to him to meet him. He grabbed her, swung her around and kissed her. “Hm…She will have to go…” she said quietly.

Nicole took her eyes of him and decided it was time to see her father. After 5 years of only exchanging birthday cards and Christmas presents, she wondered if he would notice her after all these years. Nicole was 12 years old the last time Roman saw her. She had definitely grown up a lot and changed since then. Back then, she was a grateful preteen, now she was a spoiled brat. Even though she knew it, she never decided to change herself. At school, she was in the popular crowd. Teased the unpopular kids, manipulated her teachers to get good grades, got all the boys. Sure, she had even slept with some of her friends boyfriends. Yet, somehow, these girls would still be friends with her. Were the scared not to be her friend? Were they scared they wouldn’t be considered popular, if they left her? Whatever the answer was, she had all the friends she wanted. All the guys wanted her. Yes, she had definitely changed since Roman had seen her.

She walked into the diner and took a seat. She looked around. It was quiet nice. Modern. Something she didn’t think it would be. She stared at the menu, it was all meat. This didn’t suit her at all.

“Can I take your order?”

Nicole looked up. Standing there was a tall red-haired woman. Middle aged. Appalling fashion sense, she thought.

“Can I have a water?” she asked in her stuck up tone.

“Don‘t want any food?” the woman asked.

“No thanks. I don‘t eat meat and I just would like a water.” Nicole replied.

“I could get you salad? The chef makes a great salad.” the woman offered.

“I don‘t want any food. Can you not understand English?” Nicole answered back rudely.

“Excuse me! Don‘t be so rude or else you can will be out of her, got that!?” the woman told her.

“Yes, I got that.” Nicole laughed.

The woman began to walk off. Nicole spoke;

“Nice place you have here. Funny, looks like a dump from outside.” she commented.

The woman didn’t look at her. She walked into the kitchen and said to the chef;

“I hate teenagers today! They are so rude and obnoxious! Argh, they would drive you crazy!”

“Ah, I know how you feel Irene.” laughed the chef.

“I mean, this girl comes in asks for a water because she doesn‘t eat meat. I ask would she like a salad and I get nothing but cheek back from her” Irene explained.

“Who are we talking about?” asked the chef looking out the kitchen door.

“That girl, sitting at table 4, Roman.” Irene pointed out.

Roman didn’t notice it was his daughter. He walked over to the sink and got a glass of water for the girl.

“I will give the water to her. And also tell her to watch her mouth or else she will be banned from here.” Roman said.

“Thanks doll.” Irene smiled.

Roman walked out of the door and over to the table. Nicole stared at the man. She knew it was her dad, he hadn’t changed since she last seen him. Roman looked at the girl. She looked familiar but didn’t know where he had seen her.

“Here is your water. And please, watch your mouth. If you don‘t, you will be banned.” Roman said putting the water on the table.

“Ok, I’m sorry. I won’t be so rude anymore….daddy.” Nicole grinned as Roman walked away. He immediately stopped and turned around to look at her;

“Nicole?”

Preview: What will happen between Roman and Nicole? Who was the guy at the beach?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 2

“Hi daddy.” she smiled.

“What…What are you doing here?” Roman asked stunned.

“Just came for a visit. The city gets boring in the summer. I wanted to see where you were living now.” Nicole explained.

“Does your mother know you are here?” Roman asked.

“Not entirely.” Nicole muttered.

“Meaning you just took off?” Roman replied.

“She was being unreasonable, Roman!” Nicole argued. “All she does is spend time with her new husband. She never has time for me.”

“So you decided to run away then…to here..” Roman said.

“Where else would I go?” Nicole asked.

“How...How did you find me anyways?” Roman asked.

“Found your address in mum‘s drawer.” Nicole answered.

Roman was still in shock. Here he was, staring at his little girl. Yet, she wasn’t so little anymore. She was grown up and had her mother attitude.

“Stay here.” Roman said and walked into the kitchen.

“What’s up?” Irene asked.

“That’s my daughter..” Roman said.

“What did you just say? Daughter?” Irene asked confused.

“I can‘t take it in. I haven‘t seen her for 5 years and out of nowhere she appears!” Roman explained.

“Were you married to her mother or something? How come nobody knew about this?” Irene asked.

Roman had a flashback to the time when he found out he was going to be a father.

Roman looked all over the school for his girlfriend, Emma. He looked in all the classrooms, the canteen, the school grounds. Nothing. He walked around the back to the school and heard someone crying in the bike shed.

“Hello?” he called out.

He opened the door to see Emma sitting on the ground crying her eyes out. He went in and shut the door. He sat down beside her and asked what is wrong.

“I‘m pregnant, Roman.” she replied.

Roman was speechless. He was going to be a father at 16 years old. He wasn’t ready to be a father. Not now, probably still not in 10 years time. But, this was something that he couldn’t take back. He wanted to support Emma and their baby so decided to stick by her. He held her in his arms as they both thought what life would be like with a baby.

“No, we never married. She got pregnant at 16. We were together for about 3 years and broke up. It wasn‘t working. I stayed in contact until Nicole was 12. After that, we didn‘t see each other.” Roman told Irene.

“Wow, this is amazing really. You finally see your daughter after all this time. 5 years is a long time” Irene said.

“Yes, I know” Roman said. He went to the door and looked out at his beautiful 17 year old daughter.

Just then, 3 teenagers walked in the door. One guy and 2 girls. Nicole smiled as she saw the surfer from the beach walk into. They walked past her and sat down in the corner. Nicole looked on as Irene went over and got their order.

“I‘ll have a water and a cheese burger.” said the surfer.

“Just a water, please Irene. May wanna lay off those cheese burgers, babe” one girl joked patting the guys stomach. Irene laughed and walked off to get the order.

“Yeah, Aden. Belle may dump you!” the other girl winked.

“Please, Mattie! She wouldn‘t dump me” Aden laughed and kissed the girl. “Isn‘t that right, Belle?”

“Yeah, of course I never would.” Belle laughed. She looked at Mattie and whispered; “Yeah, I would..”

“Hey! I heard that” Aden said and began tickling her.

Aden turned around and saw Nicole sitting alone. She wasn’t looking at them anymore. Instead she was reading a magazine.

“Hey, who is that chick?” Aden asked the girls.

They both turned around and looked at Nicole.

“Don‘t know. Never seen her around here before.” Belle replied.

The 3 whispered about Nicole. They were making their mind up about the new girl in town without ever talking to her.

“She looks very stuck up, in my opinion.” Mattie stated.

“Those clothes look designer.” Belle assumed. “I wonder if she has money. What do you think?”

“Haha, probably. Maybe we should invite her over here?” Aden said.

Belle gave a look that said “Don‘t even think about it” to Aden. Since Aden has been with Belle, he had really changed. Before Belle, all he wanted to do was get into girls pants and never call them back. Belle changed him and she was happy with him. However, she feared if a hot young blonde came into the picture, he would go back to his old ways and could very well cheat on Belle. She never talked to Aden about her worries’. She wanted him to think that she trusted him completely. But, at times she didn’t know if she really did 100%.

“Ok, ok! I know that look” Aden grinned. “Let‘s change the subject. Ric‘s having a party Saturday night, yes?”

Back in the kitchen, Roman finished up his shift. He walked out to the diner.

“Ready to go?” Roman asked.

“Yes.” Nicole smiled. “Where are we going?”

“Your going home. Back to the city, Nicole.” Roman said strictly.

“What!? Why?” Nicole replied getting up and walking out the door.

Roman walked ahead of her and said “Because you don‘t belong here, Nicole.”

“I miss you though. Growing up without a father hasn‘t been easy” Nicole said miserably.

“I was there for you!” Roman said.

“Not when I really needed you. Being a teen today is hard and I need a man in my life so I would feel protected which was something I didn‘t have.” Nicole explained.

She walked over to a bench and sat down. She saw Roman walked towards her. She tried to hide the grin on her face as her plan was working. Manipulating Roman was so easy, she thought to herself.

“Nicole, I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you. It was hard with work and me not living near you.” Roman said comforting her.

“I know it was. Its just I really would like to spend a few weeks here with you.” Nicole replied with her fake sobs.

“I will have to ring your mum and see, Nicole. She will be so worried about you.” Roman explained.

“Please don’t! She doesn‘t care about me, she really doesn‘t. Not anymore. Not since Robert came into her life.” Nicole begged.

Roman hesitated. He didn’t know what to do. Here he was, with his daughter. Should he call Emma? He stood up and grabbed Nicole’s hand.

“Come on”

Nicole’s miserable face automatically turned into a delighted face. She had got her way, once again. Nicole pointed out her car to her dad. They both got into it and drove off.

Preview: Who is Roman’s girlfriend? What will she think of Nicole?

Archived